Poll: How will updated character models impact you?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll have a new model to cover in gear.

As in, 0 impact on me.

I'm still waiting for that Racial Revamp they've been talking about for 2 expansions.
    I hope they make horde racials even more overpowered. They'll make every last alliance faction change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a crap for model updates. Don't see why it is needed.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Because I do more dps when I dual wield double Dragonstrikes than if I dual wield double Mushroom Tip Hammers? Quality of the game has something to do with how it looks too. If you don't care about appearance in a game where theres a huge department devoted to art in both gear and instance design, go play increasingly difficult levels of Tetris, it'll provide you with more variety and gameplay value since all you care about are numbers on the screen.
    Who said anything about numbers on a screen? I talked about gameplay over appearance I don't recall mentioning something as silly as numbers try reading what I said before responding.

I couldn't care less

When the combat is stale and the features in a game also stale, shit like model updates really doesn't matter to me.

Like most... I'm currently playing, and looking forward to the updated models... time is due for a while for these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Oh, do shut up. Do you know how much of a miserable arse you sound like? "I don't use something so nobody else should! Grr! Get off my lawn!"

As someone who loves transmog runs, making RP sets and generally loves making nice looking transmog sets this is an important change for me. I've never seen the point in having a character that you spend ages developing and progressing only to completely ignore their appearance. Fair play to you if you somehow are that cold and indifferent to a massive part of MMO's while playing an MMO but yeah...

New character models will change things up more than people know!
    Miserable ass huh? Simply because I would rather see them fix shit like balance and game play over having new character models I'm miserable?

Sorry, I'm not allowed to tell you what you sound like.

It's great to see that you like to play dress up although ,I don't see how character model updates will affect anyone but the people who like to sit around and show their dolls off.

I have never cared what my character looks like I only care that it does what I want it to do. Immersive game play and overall balance with shitty looking characters would be a much better use of their time and resources than having a shitty story with nothing to do but find new dresses for their shiny new character models.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-10-28 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    I highly doubt that.

I'm looking forward to trolls, tauren and all the old races having actual hair styles that look like hair and not fishnet spiders on their head.

Hardly anyone is thinking objectively about it. It may not seem like it now, because the concept of model updates are cool. However, once it comes and goes, people will start to realize it's something they very rarely see.

I fought Garrosh the first time last night, and only saw his updated face during the cut scene at the end.

I believe Blizzard only agreed to model updates for the benefit of the new player, not existing ones. I can see how it would be off putting to the new player (who has been playing any of the newer MMO's) to see the Orc mouth when creating a new character.

As of right now its the best thing they can do to keep me playing. The models are extremely outdated.
    Bane

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    just nerf the trolls :|

10+ Year Old Account
    While it will be nice to have new character models, there will be no real impact on my playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    As of right now its the best thing they can do to keep me playing. The models are extremely outdated.
    Why would this keep you playing? How will character models change the game in any way but the way your character looks? It won't it will still be the same game but, your character will look different. This statement makes 0 sense to me. If I was not subbed new models would not bring me back because I am smart enough to realize it would be the same game I quit before the model updates.

The only impact might be that I would play certain races I don't like the looks of right now (if improved).

Don't care that much. It's unlikely I will be still playing wow 7 months from now and more likely I will be in wildstar, so...enjoy your new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Why would this keep you playing? How will character models change the game in any way but the way your character looks? It won't it will still be the same game but, your character will look different. This statement makes 0 sense to me. If I was not subbed new models would not bring me back because I am smart enough to realize it would be the same game I quit before the model updates.
    It's just hilarious to see how confused people like this are because they don't value something personally as they seen to struggle to see things from a point of view other than their own. And further, they portray others as shallow or superficial or mock them and equate valuing digital sculpture and animation with collecting and playing with dolls. Power gamers are like the stereotypical locker room jocks of the gamer world. And they dare to equate aesthetic appreciation with being "smart enough" or not. The irony is just mind numbing.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Don't care that much. It's unlikely I will be still playing wow 7 months from now and more likely I will be in wildstar, so...enjoy your new characters.
    That guy, everybody.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to them. They certainly won't bring me back, but it should be a lot of fun to eventually get around and play with a few of my characters / make new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's just hilarious to see how confused people like this are because they don't value something personally as they seen to struggle to see things from a point of view other than their own. And further, they portray others as shallow or superficial or mock them and equate valuing digital sculpture and animation with collecting and playing with dolls. Power gamers are like the stereotypical locker room jocks of the gamer world. And they dare to equate aesthetic appreciation with being "smart enough" or not. The irony is just mind numbing.
    Then please explain it. Rather than be a flippant ass please explain how it changes the game besides how your character looks?

Why would this make you resub?

It is the same game nothing else has changed yet this is the defining moment for you in the game? I find it hilarious that people are this petty and trivial. I mean honestly rather than give piss poor comparisons, please explain how new models will change how the game plays, and how the average player will want to comeback for more than a few days.

You want to talk about mind numbing all I see from those advocating it is "it will be game changing" not a one of you has explained how.

That and I also wonder where you guys get this "power gamer" bullshit. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to want a focus on gameplay that will keep you playing rather than not addressing the real problem and adding new models. I don't raid at all, don't seriously PVP at all, and still think new models are a joke.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-10-28 at 07:30 AM.

Miserable ass huh? Simply because I would rather see them fix shit like balance and game play over having new character models I'm miserable?
    You might be delighted to hear then that model artists usually are not doing stuff related to balance and content only indirect. The most this will impact you is that you might see a few less new models for buyable mounts or pets... no scrap that, you will probably still see those, they rather scrap some new enemy designs for that.

I'm sure Blizzard is thankful that you want to spare them long-awaited features, but the thing is they can probably handle both balance and upgrade models. And considering the game has seen more fixes than race model updates, don't you think it's time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll have a new model to cover in gear.

As in, 0 impact on me.

I'm still waiting for that Racial Revamp they've been talking about for 2 expansions.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Even if the models are covered in armor, the animations will be a lot smoother and more pleasant to look at. The biggest part of the update is, all the other players and NPCs you see in the world everywhere will also be updated. This is a change that some people do not care for now, but after playing a few months after the update, going back to the old models would be be horrible for them too.

The models look out of place in the new surroundings and as they keep getting better each expansion the situation will only get worse. There are a lot of NPCs in the world that have barely any armor on them, they look atrocious and hurt the immersion. Unless you are one of those people who play with the camera 200 yards away from your character.