Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Easy there Dr. Phil.

Maybe we should focus less on what Brusalk is doing, when Brusalk takes his afternoon nap, what kind of cereals Brusalk eats for breakfast and whether he adds milk or bourbon to his Cap'n Crunch Crunch Berries (do tell us).

Reforging priorities can change based on the specifics of the fight, shocking right. News at 11.
    ....Which is exactly what I said. Thanks for the obvious.

Guys chill out. We are from different countries, different cultures, different humor. Anyway there was not a shred of rage in my post. Anyway this is not the issue here. Well there is not issue at all TBH and I really agree with Myz I don't like being or looking like a fan boy, but since I don't have the time to do these myself, I follow the theorycrafters. He posted once a while ago that his findings were that haste might be better than he thought it was in his original post (after the update to 5.4). Since I happen to get rid of any haste I might have, well... I am concerned a bit That's all.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Really depends on what you're upgrading from (both with regard to flex items and Ordos items). I think the whole "BIS list" mentality steers people away from intermediate upgrades that ... well, if your whole raid is missing like an average of 6 ilvls it can make a big difference on progress, even if you wind up side-grading to better items later.

(random numbers for illustration purposes) Don't pass up on a 1k dps upgrade because your BIS would be a 1.3k dps upgrade ... get that 1k upgrade now, and then that 300 upgrade later ... it may seem small enough to not matter, but if that's the case why bother using food / flask / potions / gems / enchants. It adds up.
    Yeah, sorry, forgot to specify it's obviously dependent on current gear slots. But assuming every piece of gear is of an equal ilvl, the priorities for gear upgrades should be:

Trinkets (norm or WF) > Tier (until 4pc) >* Weapons (normal or WF) > warforged off-gear > normal gear. So anything Ordos drops is 4th priority on the list. If you are still in need of everything, save all your coins for trinket bosses (if you're gonna be doing Garrosh then save one for him), and then after that save it for the tier pieces the celestials don't drop, and then weapons.

*but if you have, say, a flex weapon and tier 4pc flex, a normal weapon takes priority over a normal piece of tier, especially since if coining you have the chance for WF on the weapon but not the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chill out guys. Please remember that sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet well, or at all, usually. Use sparingly and don't be surprised if someone calls you out on it.

Hi ladies and gents,

After having played some FFXIV I'm back and it feels pretty good! That said, I feel like a complete newbie on unknown grounds (feels kinda good though ).

From what I gather, you still cast RoF on a single target and GoSup is still the highest theoretical dps choice, right?

Oof there's just so much different information everywhere it makes it hard for me to pick the correct source to follow. I just logged in for the first time so I've missed everything 5.4 had to offer. Any advice where to start out?

Thanks a bunch!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Hi ladies and gents,

After having played some FFXIV I'm back and it feels pretty good! That said, I feel like a complete newbie on unknown grounds (feels kinda good though ).

From what I gather, you still cast RoF on a single target and GoSup is still the highest theoretical dps choice, right?

Oof there's just so much different information everywhere it makes it hard for me to pick the correct source to follow. I just logged in for the first time so I've missed everything 5.4 had to offer. Any advice where to start out?

Thanks a bunch!
    You only cast RoF with 2 or more targets or if you have some large haste increases. I like to use it on a pull when I have blood lust and meta gem up. Otherwise don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    You only cast RoF with 2 or more targets or if you have some large haste increases. I like to use it on a pull when I have blood lust and meta gem up. Otherwise don't bother.
    Thanks for your quick reply! Any idea where I should start with dailies and farming tokens and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply! Any idea where I should start with dailies and farming tokens and whatnot?
    Head to the Timeless Isle. Do the quests and you'll get plenty of 496 gears (and tokens to turn them into 535 -- remember, the Burden of Eternity must be used on an "unopen" armor token -- as in, before you see what stats it will have) while you kill mobs.

When folks call out "(x) is up", don't be afraid to ask where it's at. If people get annoyed just let them know you just came back to the game. Soon enough you'll know where they're all at. You could also look up a map/guide online beforehand, but at least for me it was hard to remember until I actually got in-game and started fighting the mobs.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Head to the Timeless Isle. Do the quests and you'll get plenty of 496 gears (and tokens to turn them into 535 -- remember, the Burden of Eternity must be used on an "unopen" armor token -- as in, before you see what stats it will have) while you kill mobs.

When folks call out "(x) is up", don't be afraid to ask where it's at. If people get annoyed just let them know you just came back to the game. Soon enough you'll know where they're all at. You could also look up a map/guide online beforehand, but at least for me it was hard to remember until I actually got in-game and started fighting the mobs.
    Whoa! Seriously? You can turn lowQ gear into decent stuff? That's new to me! I'll do as you said, head to the isle and look up some 5.4 beginners guide.

Much appreciated!

I was looking over logs and saw that destro locks do a crap ton of damage on Heroic Norushen. I always thought that Aff would be better for this fight due to fast add realms but it looks like Destro locks are doing it just as good if not better. I know the adds have a facing requirement but the only thing I can think of is that rain of fire hits them regardless so as destro? Any ideas as to how Destro is owning on this fight?

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ushen/10H/dps/

10+ Year Old Account
    Does somebody have trinket weight for locks? I'm thinking about choosing between Kardris and BBoY if it drops...
    Just want to evaluate and summarize the difference for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I was looking over logs and saw that destro locks do a crap ton of damage on Heroic Norushen. I always thought that Aff would be better for this fight due to fast add realms but it looks like Destro locks are doing it just as good if not better. I know the adds have a facing requirement but the only thing I can think of is that rain of fire hits them regardless so as destro? Any ideas as to how Destro is owning on this fight?

in my experience if you go into the add realm with 2 embers, a chaos bolt and a shadowburn kills the add once you're behind, plus you can havoc the large one. outside of the add realm Destro will be very strong if you are able to snipe the adds and havoc the boss. the problem for me has been that other DPS are taking these from 25-30% to dead in a global so I can't Shadowburn them. I eventually just started using my Havoc for Chaos Bolts on the big adds which felt like a shitty compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Does somebody have trinket weight for locks? I'm thinking about choosing between Kardris and BBoY if it drops...
    Just want to evaluate and summarize the difference for sure.
    http://sparkuggz.com/5-4-trinket-lis...y-destruction/

Deleted
    Hello,
    i have problems on Norushen HC. Small ads are turning to fast for me to kill them with CB. Any kind of tip would be awesome.
    Or some of destro locks can say how they are doing it? Anything would be awesome, 'coz lets say i'm starting from nothing. It's anoing when you can't clear my corruption in time =/ it's HUGE dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by kasajunior View Post
    Hello,
    i have problems on Norushen HC. Small ads are turning to fast for me to kill them with CB. Any kind of tip would be awesome.
    Or some of destro locks can say how they are doing it? Anything would be awesome, 'coz lets say i'm starting from nothing. It's anoing when you can't clear my corruption in time =/ it's HUGE dps loss.
    You can one shot the big guy with CB. I usually Havoc him -> Sfury the big add + a little add and knock both out with a CB. Then just Conflag/FF the others. Shouldn't take more than 20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx man, now I'll be able to make my dps more stable by counting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kasajunior View Post
    Hello,
    what simplexity certainly works, but my havoc is usually on CD when i get to enter the realm as im one of the last dps to go in as they need me to take care of the adds that spawn on the outside, so it isnt really an option for me to do that unless i want to run around first until havoc is off cd. what i usually do is dps the big add down, toss up a few RoFs to weaken the small adds and then just run around them and dps them with conflags/incin/fel flame. you should really never use chaos bolts on the little adds as its a waste of time, as you'll never get them off in time b4 they turn around and the dmg is deflected, much better off tossing up a RoF on the 3 small adds while you move yourself in position.

Deleted

Adds outside the spirit/shadow realm die too fast for Affliction to benefit from multidotting. The only thing they are good for is regenerating Soul Shards to keep 100% Haunt uptime on the boss.

As Destro you can still cleave CB or Shadowburns on the Amalgamation or just snipe them with Shadowburn to refund your embers. It results in a lot of your damage coming from your ember consuming abilities.

Inside the spirit realm, CB+Shadowburn rapes the adds. It's smooth as butter.

Just a quick question. Just got toxic Totem normal, and have to swap out one of my other Flex/ lfr trinket. ( Im ilev 561 atm)

Its a matter of swapping out either the Immersius LFR (2/2) or the Black Blood Flex (2/2).

The reason I ask is because Simcraft tells me to keep the Immersius lfr trinket, but my logic ( confirmed by sparkuggz trinket list and AMR ) say that i should pair it with BB.

What do you guys think is the best option atm.

Thanks

Deleted

Almost any fight with adds looks really good for destro at the moment because of shadowburn padding. Lining it up well with havoc obviously results in an effective dps increase, but usually we're getting huge numbers on a killing blow to a mob with no health purely to regenerate emberbits. Norushen HC obviously has a load more adds than we are physically able to havoc shadowburns onto the boss with (in the first 50% at least), but shadowburn every damn one of them we do.

This is my big fear for destruction at the moment. I hope Blizz don't see the numbers as enough of an issue to decide to nerf the spec, as I genuinely think we aren't really ahead of other classes on how much USEFUL dps we bring to a fight. If they nerf us to make the numbers look equal with other classes while we are still padding damage with shadowburn, it basically means we'd be doing less dps than other classes in the things that really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepitate View Post
    Just a quick question. Just got toxic Totem normal, and have to swap out one of my other Flex/ lfr trinket. ( Im ilev 561 atm)

Its a matter of swapping out either the Immersius LFR (2/2) or the Black Blood Flex (2/2).

The reason I ask is because Simcraft tells me to keep the Immersius lfr trinket, but my logic ( confirmed by sparkuggz trinket list and AMR ) say that i should pair it with BB.

What do you guys think is the best option atm.

Thanks
    It all depends on how good you are with the BBoY. If you've had it a while and are managing to consistently get in huge chaos bolts with the +20k int (or whatever it is flex) then it probably is an upgrade on PBoI. If you want an easy to use, easy to prepare for proc then stick with PBoI. The secondary stats probably favour PBoI even with the 12 ilvl diff.

Personally I'd always stick with PBI. RPPM is frustrating with destro as you just know you'll get your big procs when you're doing something negligible or when there's heavy movement and thus you can't get any chaos bolts in.
    Last edited by mmoc2503427504; 2013-10-29 at 10:58 AM.