Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about Siegecrafter pipe trick

Can anyone confirm whether Pattern Recognition (pipe debuff) prevents you from disengaging to belt? If not it seems silly not to just alternate.

Update: Confirmed you can alternate pipe and disengaging to belt. It is always safe to use pipe first or second time, but by the fourth line it should be reserved for Magnetic Crush or the laser/fire.
    Last edited by YggdraIO; 2013-10-29 at 01:41 PM.

It doesn't. That's how we killed it this week (2 hunters on the conveyor belt every new line).

i have heard of hunters going up every round

it could just be my bud being completely wrong though

Yea I have been using disengage every round but was too paranoid to try alternating for fear it would port me off or something. More importantly if you get magnetic crush it seems impossible to navigate pipe. But ruga you have specifically used disengage to get onto belt while you had debuff? This is 10 Man so I am soloing every belt.

- - - Updated - - -

To simplify: If I take the pipe on the first assembly line, will the debuff interfere with me disengaging onto the belt on the second assembly line? Basically just try to determine whether debuff is linked specifically to the pipe, or to the belt also.
    Last edited by YggdraIO; 2013-10-28 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cear-FR View Post
    Can anyone confirm whether Pattern Recognition (pipe debuff) prevents you from disengaging to belt? If not it seems silly not to just alternate.
    There is another topic at the top of this sub forum demonstrating that this can be done with multiple videos as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    There is another topic at the top of this sub forum demonstrating that this can be done with multiple videos as proof.
    I am already using the method from those videos (disengaging to belt every round). I was trying to clarify whether you could alternate between pipe and disengaging to belt, without debuff messing with you.

Deleted
    i am progressing on hc at the moment and we are using 3 hunters and a monk up every time and 2 rogues are taking turns at going up. the hunters disengage ever 2nd belt and just go up via the pipe the other times.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrushbot View Post
    i am progressing on hc at the moment and we are using 3 hunters and a monk up every time and 2 rogues are taking turns at going up. the hunters disengage ever 2nd belt and just go up via the pipe the other times.
    Awesome, thanks. Just the kind of situation where I don't want to try it during real attempts and look like an idiot when the belt throws me off or something.

Remember you'll need the glyph to make it on top (i think, i tried without and fell off a few times).

We killed it on 10man with me going on every belt and rotating the rest, sucks not having 2 hunters

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecrushbot View Post
    How is the monk doing it? Some Transcendence trick? Also, how common is it for one of your hunters to fail the jump and die?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    How is the monk doing it? Some Transcendence trick? Also, how common is it for one of your hunters to fail the jump and die?
    Tbf, after the first day of attempts, i got it down pretty quick. One good tip tho, if you do the tactic where you kill Mine > Mine > Laser > Mine > Mine ..... you should jump in tube on #1 then Disengage 2 and 3, so you can detterrence trough the fire and jump in the tube on #4. Disengaging #4 i found pretty fishy. After this its pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzie View Post
    Tbf, after the first day of attempts, i got it down pretty quick. One good tip tho, if you do the tactic where you kill Mine > Mine > Laser > Mine > Mine ..... you should jump in tube on #1 then Disengage 2 and 3, so you can detterrence trough the fire and jump in the tube on #4. Disengaging #4 i found pretty fishy. After this its pretty easy.
    Have you had any issues with Magnetic Crush if you leave a magnet up? It was impossible for me to climb pipe with it going off, which I guess just means saving your pipe for that situation.

Deleted
    It's an exploit and not something you should be abusing in my opinion. But hey to each his own.

Have you had any issues with Magnetic Crush if you leave a magnet up? It was impossible for me to climb pipe with it going off, which I guess just means saving your pipe for that situation.
    You wont have to climp during magnet if you do it the way i said in the post above. At least i never did. : )

Edit: I think you get magnet as you jump in the pipe on #4 and ends right after you jump off #4, so its over before you have to climp on number 5.
    Last edited by Shazzie; 2013-10-28 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzie View Post
    You wont have to climp during magnet if you do it the way i said in the post above. At least i never did. : )

Edit: I think you get magnet as you jump in the pipe on #4 and ends right after you jump off #4, so its over before you have to climp on number 5.
    I was under the impression that the adds chosen for the belt were random. Is this not the case?

No, it's not random. It's a "random" 3 of 4 every time, but it's the same 3 every time, from belt to belt, attempt to attempt.

I am already using the method from those videos (disengaging to belt every round). I was trying to clarify whether you could alternate between pipe and disengaging to belt, without debuff messing with you.
    Makes sense, my mistake.

I was under the impression that the adds chosen for the belt were random. Is this not the case?
    Everything has a set order, the items on conveyor, the fire on the conveyor etc

Has there been any mention from Blizz about this? It's one of those tricks that falls in a gray area between creative use of a skill and possible exploit. Seems like it's being used widespread and if they wanted to they could hotfix it.

Deleted
    It's one of those tricks that falls in a gray area between creative use of a skill and possible exploit.
    Anything hat involves bypassing something that wasn't intended to be bypassed is a little hard to justify as ''creative use of skill''. But I'm sure if you ask 10 people you will get 10 different answers.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard is aware of it though. They usually fix things top guilds are doing pretty quickly. Either it'll be one of those things they randomly fix way after progression or they have other things on their mind right now.