Thread: Pre-pots

Pre-pots

I usually don't complain about quality of life issues in wow because it seems kinda silly, but why on earth does pre-potting still shift you out of stealth? I've posted in the official forums about this and I've seen in the past where developers have said that it wouldn't effect gameplay and that its a valid concern that can easily be addressed. I see zero downside to making this change and I don't forsee that it would give some sort of unfair advantage in PVP. If you agree that this is a change that should be implemented, please rally forth my fellow rogue's and address the issue. Maybe if we squeak enough, we'll get some grease.

Why does starting to eat stops your stealth, but eating does not?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why does starting to eat stops your stealth, but eating does not?
    because arenas with rogues eating without remove stealth is broken Oo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    because arenas with rogues eating without remove stealth is broken Oo?
    Make it an arena/others only rule

OT: I feel the same way with feral druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a pull last week where I pre-potted, stealthed, the character THEN drank his potion pulling me out of stealth and by the time I realized that I wasn't in stealth was when the boss hit me for 640k (gogo710khp). Reason is, I shadowstep at 1-0.5s remaining on the pull timer because we have some early pulls sometimes...good ole Army.

Deleted
    Its not only prepotting, its any pot including health pots. I suppose it would affect PvP. Except in arena and rated you could just macro your pot with Ambush and do bigger burst.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Its not only prepotting, its any pot including health pots. I suppose it would affect PvP. Except in arena and rated you could just macro your pot with Ambush and do bigger burst.
    Is that even possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    There was a pull last week where I pre-potted, stealthed, the character THEN drank his potion pulling me out of stealth and by the time I realized that I wasn't in stealth was when the boss hit me for 640k (gogo710khp). Reason is, I shadowstep at 1-0.5s remaining on the pull timer because we have some early pulls sometimes...good ole Army.
    Raiding naked is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Is that even possible?
    With the proposal of OP, yes.

Deleted
    shadow dance
    /use pot
    /use 10
    /use trinket
    /cast ambush

Worked well in cata

Raiding naked is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

With the proposal of OP, yes.
    I mean in arena, can potions be used? It's been a while. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeeeeeap. Reminds me of the Paladin T11 set bonus where you cast Guardian of Ancient Kings wearing it for 15s longer on its duration and swapped back to real gear 1-2s from the pull. Glad they broke that, and I'm sure they'll break that too. Stealth+pots though, probably not.

Deleted
    No you cannot use potions in rated BG and arena.

Yeeeeeeeap. Reminds me of the Paladin T11 set bonus where you cast Guardian of Ancient Kings wearing it for 15s longer on its duration and swapped back to real gear 1-2s from the pull. Glad they broke that, and I'm sure they'll break that too. Stealth+pots though, probably not.
    Or mage T10 in start of Cata, before it was fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is weird is use this and have never had a prob:

#showtooltip Stealth
    /use Virmen's Bite
    /cast Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Byaah View Post
    That is weird is use this and have never had a prob:

#showtooltip Stealth
    /use Virmen's Bite
    /cast Stealth
    yes idd with all the macros and the buttons i have on my UI thats another macro that needs to go on my interface , i need to have 2 stealth buttons or else gonna use a pot everytime i want to stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    i need to have 2 stealth buttons or else gonna use a pot everytime i want to stealth
    Correct, I have two stealth buttons.

Deleted
    You could do the same thing in Cata by spec'ing sub to get your combo points and respec and keep them.

You could also vendetta a target, change spec and it would still be up without pulling.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes idd with all the macros and the buttons i have on my UI thats another macro that needs to go on my interface , i need to have 2 stealth buttons or else gonna use a pot everytime i want to stealth
    You can use it instead of your current potion button.

Deleted
    False.

Macro this:

#showtooltip Virmen's Bite
    /use Virmen's Bite
    /cast Stealth

Keybind it as your pot. When you use it to prepot it will work. If you use it to pot during the fight the stealth part will not trigger since you are unable to stealth during the fight.

Thanks for the idea, I will use this on my rogue alt.