Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crap luck OP, it only took me 10 or so losses for silvershard and only about 5 for the other.
    I haven't PvP'd since BC and getting forced into a BG really sucked not because i'm no good at PvP but just because i stopped enjoying that aspect of the game a long time ago.
    I remember losing every single EotS and WSG back for a good 2 months back in burning crusade when trying to farm pvp weapons, i feel your pain.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Oh look -- another "fact" pulled out of your posterior. Care to provide evidence to back this up? I mean, "the OP must be lying, because the facts I'm making up say so" isn't actually a valid argument.
    Theres plenty of stats around on BG's and very few have massively imbalanced win %'s for either faction. Especially the ones with balanced maps (which SSM isn't admittedly) Stop posting stubborn stupid shit relentlessly in attempt to drag people down to your level and beat them with experience. You're wrong. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    But if the chance of winning is 5% then the probability of 60 losses is 4.6%.
    If that's the case (which it isn't) then hes just unlucky. If he doesn't have the fortitude to push through then its no skin off my nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear that buddy, I'm about to finish Sigils on my 5th toon (2 started last week), and those BGs were both one shots for me. Nobody fucks with a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres plenty of stats around on BG's and very few have massively imbalanced win %'s for either faction. Especially the ones with balanced maps (which SSM isn't admittedly) Stop posting stubborn stupid shit relentlessly in attempt to drag people down to your level and beat them with experience. You're wrong. Get over it.
    Care to link to these supposed "stats"? I've asked you several times. I think you're lying. After all, how could these stats possibly be collected? Blizzard doesn't make them known.

But look at what you wrote: "very few have massively imbalanced win %s". For the sake of this discussion, all it would require would be that they be massively imbalanced for just ONE BG -- SSM. So even your wibbling there doesn't actually support your case.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Care to link to these supposed "stats"? I've asked you several times. I think you're lying. After all, how could these stats possibly be collected? Blizzard doesn't make them known.

But look at what you wrote: "very few have massively imbalanced win %s". For the sake of this discussion, all it would require would be that they be massively imbalanced for just ONE BG -- SSM. So even your wibbling there doesn't actually support your case.
    Just for the sake of discussion, he also tried temple, which is a perfectly balanced map. That assertion falls short and temple of one that's included in many of his 60 losses.

http://i.imgur.com/nGjkCwx.png
    http://i.imgur.com/RD24Ay6.png

US and EU stats for a given week. I'd imagine 41k BG's is enough to give a statistical sample. I'm sure if you pull any other stats you'll find similar stuff.

The simple fact that you can even contemplate that ratios could be as uneven as 90/10 just shows how dim-witted some people can be. It's like the last thread where we disagreed on a GC tweet, you are stubborn to the point where it passes common sense even though its plain you are wrong. Here you are wrong, again.

Just for the sake of discussion, he also tried temple, which is a perfectly balanced map. That assertion falls short and temple of one that's included in many of his 60 losses.

http://i.imgur.com/nGjkCwx.png
    http://i.imgur.com/RD24Ay6.png

Those are oqueue numbers. They are not representative of actual random BG groups.

Try again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Those are oqueue numbers. They are not representative of actual random BG groups.

Try again.
    They are since you cant form complete premades with them, therefore according to definition they are random.

Anyway, the burden of proof is on you to prove anything other than 50/50 since that's the logical assumption. If you don't understand what logical means (and from your posts I'm guessing the word isn't in your vocabulary) then I suggest you look it up.

They are since you cant form complete premades with them, therefore according to definition they are random.
    Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

Admit defeat in this argument, you are shooting intellectual blanks.

Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

I give in, I can't explain this in words small enough for you to understand.

The cloak is a bitch to get.. still waiting for my valor cap to go away

"La la la la la" is not a rebuttal.

I'm good at PVP and I'm Horde. I'm most advanced on this quest chain on a toon I do very little PVP on, but now I want to PVP on to get the damn Mushan blood coins mount (my main PVP toon is healer, so....). My problem is the RNGness of the drops. It took months and months to get the sigils. Took little over a week for the 3K valor (didn't know it tallied past the cap) and then the secrets... I'm 16/20, week 1 I got 8, week 2 I got 0 (17 bosses, no lei shen kill) and then got another 8 this week. I'm just happy we can do it in LFR.

I've had several friends ask me to join them for the PVP battles, you might want to try their bonus weekends and/or OQueue/OpenRaid to get a premade.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    "La la la la la" is not a rebuttal.
    So, you're claiming a random BG group that has an oQ premade is just the same as one that doesn't, and they should be expected to have the same chance of winning?

Don't insult our intelligence with such nonsensical reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not accusing anyone or anything, but I find it hard to believe that it's taking that long to win a BG. I have done the legendary quest chain on 3 Alliance toons, and it took at worst a half dozen tries to get the win. It helps if you actually play the BG instead of hiding in a corner hoping for a carry because "you aren't a PvPer" (as I see so MANY people doing...).

No, IMHO after doing this quest chain multiple times (and am currently in progress on a 4th toon), by far the crappiest part of it is the RNG item drops. For example, it took 10 weeks of ToT clears to get 12 runestones on my main. Pretty much the whole summer, I had to keep going back to ToT long past when I could use any gear from it. I barely got them by 5.4 release. Essentially I got 1 per week from Lei Shen, and 2 stones from other bosses in ALL THAT TIME. That's on top of the untold weeks spent getting sigils and secrets and valor on that main. And other people would waltz into ToT and get all the runestones in 2 or 3 weeks, which seemed terribly unfair. I really resented that some people spent only 6-8 hours getting runestones that took me 40 hours of effort.

It's far better now, IMHO. On my "last" toon, I just got all 20 of the sigils in 2 weeks of clearing only the T14 raids (no ToT or SoO). That took my main a couple of months back in the day. The "last" toon is now on the 3k valor stage so I'm curious to see how much faster secrets and runestones will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    This forum would be a hundred times better if there was a rule against not reading the fucking thread before you post and make an idiot of yourself. Then I wouldnt have to see the same fucking post over and over again that's already been refuted.

The OP posts proof twice over and the inbred trolls keep moving the goalposts.
    What he did is post proof that he is lying.

He said he lost 37 mines in a row, his proof shows that he has won at 4 out of 38. That means that he lost 34 in a row at most, after winning 4 mines in a row. So even if he was lying slightly, he had to have won 4 in a row. Kinda ironic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.

I got the legendary cloak on 7 toons and the PvP part took at most an hour on each toon. You can usually determine the outcome of a BG within the first 3 minutes, so if it looks like we're gonna lose I just leave, eat the deserter debuff and go play another alt.

The MoP legendary is easier to get than any previous legendary while current. You can get the legendary cloak without doing any organized raiding and by pressing a button and doing content with guaranteed success. How can that still be too hard for some people?
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-10-29 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I got the legendary cloak on 7 toons and the PvP part took at most an hour on each toon. You can usually determine the outcome of a BG within the first 3 minutes, so if it looks like we're gonna lose I just leave, eat the deserter debuff and go play another alt.

The MoP legendary is easier to get than any previous legendary while current, so I don't see why people still complain that the easiest welfare legendary is still too difficult to obtain.
    You have the cloak on 7 characters....?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What he did is post proof that he is lying.

He said he lost 37 mines in a row, his proof shows that he has won at 4 out of 38. That means that he lost 34 in a row at most, after winning 4 mines in a row. So even if he was lying slightly, he had to have won 4 in a row. Kinda ironic, no?
    Did you manage to read the REST of the page before just seeing the one picture and going "OMFG LIUR!!" I explained I did indeed stuff the Math up, but I had lost another 4 anyway since the beginning of the Thread which brought it up to that number anyway.

I also said that the 4 I had won was at the Beginning of the Expac when they were new and it was 4 wins 1 loss before I started for my Legendary quest, and that my achievements for those wins dated back to December 2012.

Though since Starting this Thread, I am now actually up to 43 Losses of Silvershard Mine, but Finally Won my Temple on number 27.

GG's Alliance, GG's

Did you manage to read the REST of the page before just seeing the one picture and going "OMFG LIUR!!" I explained I did indeed stuff the Math up, but I had lost another 4 anyway since the beginning of the Thread which brought it up to that number anyway.

I also said that the 4 I had won was at the Beginning of the Expac when they were new and it was 4 wins 1 loss before I started for my Legendary quest, and that my achievements for those wins dated back to December 2012.

Though since Starting this Thread, I am now actually up to 43 Losses of Silvershard Mine, but Finally Won my Temple on number 27.

GG's Alliance, GG's
    I don't care how you explain your lying.

For good measure:
    60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.

Deleted
    I wonder if you are literally so bad that you actively work against your group completing these BGs. I mean, there is one thing worse than AFK...