Thread: BoA issue

Angry BoA issue

So, first week we killed Garrosh our Blood DK tank got a 1 hander weapon, pretty much useless for a tank DK. I thought maybe he had the wrong loot spec or something, he swear to god he had it for blood.

Last week I got my first BoA and it was a damn 1 hander "healing" mace on my Balance druid. I was expecting the 2 hander staff. But I guess boomkins do use 1 hander maces so fine. Didn't like it (really wanted the staff so my lock could use it) but w/e. Also, saw another boomkin in the realm with the staff, I really just assumed we'd be first getting the staff. Mind you, I had my balance spec selected, I pretty much never have resto loot spec selected.

Ok, then this Sunday I saw a buddy of mine get the 2 hander staff which doesn't make any sense considering he is a damn resto shaman, most of them I know use a freaking int shield.

I don't get what is blizzard doing here. Have you guys seen this too?

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    So, first week we killed Garrosh our Blood DK tank got a 1 hander weapon, pretty much useless for a tank DK. I thought maybe he had the wrong loot spec or something, he swear to god he had it for blood.

Last week I got my first BoA and it was a damn 1 hander "healing" mace on my Balance druid. I was expecting the 2 hander staff. But I guess boomkins do use 1 hander maces so fine. Didn't like it (really wanted the staff so my lock could use it) but w/e. Also, saw another boomkin in the realm with the staff, I really just assumed we'd be first getting the staff. Mind you, I had my balance spec selected, I pretty much never have resto loot spec selected.

Ok, then this Sunday I saw a buddy of mine get the 2 hander staff which doesn't make any sense considering he is a damn resto shaman, most of them I know use a freaking int shield.

I don't get what is blizzard doing here. Have you guys seen this too?
    only one that doesnt make much sense is blood dk one. Rest of them are perfectly viable and normal. I used to use a 2h staff on shaman cause I coukdnt get a shield for the life of me. Yea it may not fit with ideal but thats not the way loot works.

TLDR: its all normal and viable except blood dk 1h. Although I guess you could dw tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the blood dk, he's either lying, wrong, or it's a bug. The rest of them are fine.

I did Garrosh on flex this Saturday and got a 548 heirloom 2H axe which is useless for my main currently, but sweet for my paladin! (Full 496 gear + heirloom axe, hahaha!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Although I guess you could dw tank?
    If you DW tank, you're doing it wrong. It's not viable. It's on the level of using Shadowmourne to tank MoP stuff "because I can still hold agro with it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    TLDR: its all normal and viable except blood dk 1h. Although I guess you could dw tank?
    You can dw as blood, but it's not really viable.

Deleted
    Well so far I've personally gotten 2 Heirloom weapons - Agi Polearm and Bow - so yay for me. Those of my guildies who've gotten them, have all gotten the appropriate weapon for their spec.

Not sure if correct but I recall someone talking about, how the first weapon would always be suited for your current spec and not your loot specialization. If that's the case, maybe that would explain the 1h mace you got as Resto Druid? But regarding the DK, that just seems like a bug, did he try to open a ticket?

What's a "healing" weapon? Oh, you mean a weapon with spirit on it. Did you know that spirit = hit for balance druids? Would a mage complain if he got a weapon with hit on it? Why would you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    What's a "healing" weapon? Oh, you mean a weapon with spirit on it. Did you know that spirit = hit for balance druids? Would a mage complain if he got a weapon with hit on it? Why would you?
    Pretty much. Although it greatly devalues the weapon as an actual heirloom, since spirit is completely useless for non-hybrids like mages and warlocks. So I can understand the concern. At least be happy you even got one, since the drop chance is abysmally low. A large portion of people who actively raid until next expansion aren't even ever going to get their hands on one of those weapons. Not to mention some might get an offhand instead of a weapon.

I totally wish they'd have given more than just two seconds of thought into the heirlooms though. Putting offhands (which aren't different from any other heirloom) and spirit items on the loot table wasn't quite smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like its a major crime if you don't get one, I doubt they'll be T17 BiS and its not like questing is hard.

What Garrosh Drops BoA? Perhaps I get it when next expansion is here. Yeay!

Mionelol Agree.
    I as a hunter got a tanking shield as 2nd BoA. I don't have any class who can wear shields...
    If i could choose, id go for 2hand agi staff and daggers :S
    Rng even here hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I have two heroic 2H axes from Garrosh, if that makes you feel any better. Yes, two. Maybe I should level a warrior or something.

I have no idea why they didn't give a chance to get a token which can buy said heirlooms, rather than an infinitesimal chance at the desired heirloom that will, in practice, never be the right one for your alts.
    RNG can really screw you here...but they want to keep you farming Garrosh :P

I was very lucky to get my weapon. It was a huge shock when it popped up, because I wasn't expecting to get it for a while.

I think there is a misunderstanding of the rules. The first boa you get is appropriate for your current spec, not necessarily "good". I am sure enhance shamans could get the agi dagger on their first shot even if it's not a good option for Dps. The dk got a weapon he could equip and it had str so it is appropriate.

In terms of your second boa, SHUT UP YOU GOT 2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    Not sure if correct but I recall someone talking about, how the first weapon would always be suited for your current spec and not your loot specialization. If that's the case, maybe that would explain the 1h mace you got as Resto Druid? But regarding the DK, that just seems like a bug, did he try to open a ticket?
    I wasn't resto in that fight, I was balance. And the DK was tank. Don't think he opened a ticket, he already had a tanking weap so he wasn't pissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Oh really, I didn't know? /sarcasm Anyways, I did say it was a valid weap but not ideal for my situation and considering I saw other boomies with a staff I just had high hopes... Also, the term "healing weap" is cuz most non-healing caster classes can't use a damn mace (mages, locks) least to say that it has spirit which is crap for them... Yes, my shammy alt is happy as fuck with that mace but I'm concerned it will take another month or more to MAYBE see the damn boa staff where my alt non-healing casters will be able to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    man i miss the times when DW tanking was viable