Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

No US 10 man heroic kills on garrosh?

Why is that the case? Just curious.

i suggest checking this site http://www.wowprogress.com/ before saying anything... there are guilds on the US servers that have done it. Blood Legion?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    i suggest checking this site http://www.wowprogress.com/ before saying anything... there are guilds on the US servers that have done it. Blood Legion?
    The title does say US 10 man. Blood Legion is a 25 man guild. The top US guild is Avast on 13/14.

and i suggest you reading a bit closer. 10man heroic garrosh in Murica has not been slained.

eitherway. majority of the "better" guilds in the US have for a long time been 25man. EU is more of a 10 area (dont ask me why this is)

also this tier seems a bit easier, atleast for some fights- on 25man. (no not stating x setting is harder than y, simply saying that some fights has their advantages and disadvantages in both settings)
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-10-29 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Your link shows what?

25man guilds may have gone 10, but how do you see that? Avast is highest US 10man guild at 13/14 that I can see
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Prolly cause Garrosh is harder in 10 than in 25, at least that's always been my experience when doing both, though I haven't attempted it on heroic yet. But I imagine unless some more of the mechanics were scaled up to match the difficulty of 10man in heroic mode, it would be the same case.

Also the argument could be made that because this community is kind of dumb and for whatever reason looks down on 10m raiding and thinks 25m raiding is the end all, be all, that most raiders who actually try for such things are all 25m raiders and not 10m raiders.

My guild should be doing garrosh attempts on heroic before too much longer, but not quite there yet.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    some day..

Infracted; Post constructively.

edit: As in, some day soon we will kill it...mod must be an LFR hero or doesn't understand simple english lmao this is why i don't post on mmo or battle.net. pce
    Last edited by cynicalz; 2013-10-31 at 06:38 AM.

I guess Europeans is more individually skilled or experienced/more hardcore? And afaik Avast isnt even US, they are Big ass awesome Australians!

I've often wondered but never posted about it, are the hardcore US players actually worse than hardcore EU players? Or are there other factors that may influence EU often having much more success in progression?

The reason I bring this up is because not only are there only EU kills of 10 heroic garrosh (as far as western progression goes), but EU has more kills in every other boss as well. This could just be a population thing, I'm not sure what the numbers of EU players vs. US players are, and by extension of that not sure what the population of hardcore willing EU players vs. hardcore willing US players are. If it isn't population (Again, I haven't looked at that data), could it possibly be something like better internet services in Europe? Or maybe something else?
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Oh I wasn't trying to start a debate between whether EU was better than US or whatever so sorry if that's what my question sounded like. I was more curious if there was just something different about the fight on the US side, it seems weird that some of the top US guilds haven't done it yet after being on it for 2 weeks now, and they did fine on all the bosses before.

Deleted
    25man definitely seems easier this tier than 10man, yeah, but that's not the reason, otherwise there would be very few EU guilds too. As said before, I think US players go for 25man more than EU players. (Even though only 6/20 14/14 25man guilds are US)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    I guess Europeans is more individually skilled or experienced/more hardcore? And afaik Avast isnt even US, they are Big ass awesome Australians!
    Well, Europe has a lot more dedicated heroic raiders, but that's mainly due to the player base being older. People don't have to have second jobs in Europe and they often don't have to have a job while studying, so it's kinda expected for the EU player base to ahead when it comes to raiding.

Deleted
    US 10 man HC is the real hardcore difficulty.

That aside I would imagine that WoW has a more negative stigma in the US? Educated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    25man definitely seems easier this tier than 10man, yeah, but that's not the reason, otherwise there would be very few EU guilds too. As said before, I think US players go for 25man more than EU players. (Even though only 6/20 14/14 25man guilds are US)

Well, Europe has a lot more dedicated heroic raiders, but that's mainly due to the player base being older. People don't have to have second jobs in Europe and they often don't have to have a job while studying, so it's kinda expected for the EU player base to ahead when it comes to raiding.
    We don't? Where do I get this free money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Yeah I totally buy that. We do have a lot of money and spare time when studying IN SWEDEN and depending on the education ofc compared to other countries. Big But, there is still guilds in EU with less or equal Raiding schedule that killed him.

Irradiated For example. Big ups to them!
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-10-29 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    US 10 man HC is the real hardcore difficulty.

That aside I would imagine that WoW has a more negative stigma in the US? Educated guess.
    lol /10chars

Add to the conversation, not lol /10char -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-10-29 at 10:08 PM.

Well, Europe has a lot more dedicated heroic raiders, but that's mainly due to the player base being older. People don't have to have second jobs in Europe and they DO have to have a job while studying, so it's kinda expected for the EU player base to ahead when it comes to raiding.
    Some stuck up wrong american attitude you got there. Lemme fix that for you.

10+ Year Old Account

the same excuse over and over again
    they can get paid vacation and whenever they want to and "We Muricans" can't
    if people in the US need 8-9 raiding hours it doesn't mean that's the same with everybody, in EU i recall the rank #1 on my server during 4.2 got realm first and top 50 EU with 3-4 hour raiding 4-5 days a week and 2 of them have full time jobs and kids, all due respect but you don't have to be a no-lifer to be hardcore it's all about teamwork and skills

I imagine there is bound to be a kill this lockout, even multiple - wouldn't be surprised if it was killed quickly after a new reset of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    I imagine there is bound to be a kill this lockout, even multiple - wouldn't be surprised if it was killed quickly after a new reset of gear.
    One would think that after the last 2 resets How much gear do they actually need? o_O

Have you ever been to Europe? Since when in America do you have to have a second job?