Deleted
    Would it be viable to go for the crit build without having many crit/mastery pieces? I'd like to try it out but i have barely any mastery right now and i feel like gemming full crit would make me take a lot more damage.

Chest from shamans with crit mastery, legs from malkorok with crit mastery, but those 2 are the ones providing me the 2 set bonus. Shoulders... I'm not really sure...

Did you change any enchants? (bracers might be an obvious one)

Yes you will take a ton more damage and I was not very happy with it. If we didnt kill it I probably would have gone back to avoidance because of the amount of damage I was taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Yes you will take a ton more damage and I was not very happy with it. If we didnt kill it I probably would have gone back to avoidance because of the amount of damage I was taking.
    Do you remember how much mastery you had in your crit build Gliff?
    Last edited by ElChig; 2013-10-28 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    So i did some switching and ended up with: 25.55% crit, 36.63% mastery. 11.84% dodge and 33.10% parry.

With riposte i was looking at 43% crit, which doesn't seem that much higher than what i had with a full avoidance build... weird.

Maybe i'll stick with this on farm and see how it ends up, hard to compare tho.

i've tried to change from avoidance to crit build, the gain was about 4% crit, 41% crit (with out crit buff)

i dont think it worth the 4%, but the good thing is that u will have 20%+ crit all the time

now im using mastery build 92% buffed, will try it on garrosh.

Deleted
    Well, I'm surprised that you are getting that much more DPS off crit tbh =o When I sim out my char with a proper rotation added, Parry is around 85% of the value of Crit

I don't think I'll be trying a crit build with a 10 stack strategy any time soon though :P

As for Garrosh, apart from the initial hit, his damage doesn't seem all THAT devastating. Hits around the same as Ra-Den but you have a LOT more gear to compensate both from the tank and the Healers

Deleted
    Is the simc TMI standard boss values bugged ?
    T1610H is ~440k vengeance which doesn't seem right.

Eddy, when you say proper rotation, im guessing the one in simc(build 4) is not optimal ?
    Can't we just sticky this thread until a proper guide comes out (if it does) ? It's pretty much de facto prot thread anyways

Was the paragons riposte bug fixed ?

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well, I'm surprised that you are getting that much more DPS off crit tbh =o When I sim out my char with a proper rotation added, Parry is around 85% of the value of Crit

I don't think I'll be trying a crit build with a 10 stack strategy any time soon though :P

As for Garrosh, apart from the initial hit, his damage doesn't seem all THAT devastating. Hits around the same as Ra-Den but you have a LOT more gear to compensate both from the tank and the Healers
    I was around 500k in my avoidance build on average and with crit it could get up to 800k so it is a bit more. I can't stress how squishy I was though. Never again.

On the first add with 3 stacks I was getting my shredder down to like 20-30% before DFA at times with crit. When I was avoidance I cant remember getting it to 60%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Is the simc TMI standard boss values bugged ?
    T1610H is ~440k vengeance which doesn't seem right.

Eddy, when you say proper rotation, im guessing the one in simc(build 4) is not optimal ?
    Can't we just sticky this thread until a proper guide comes out (if it does) ? It's pretty much de facto prot thread anyways

Pretty sure the mods are working on a guide ATM.

I didn't notice any fix yesterday but didn't really pay attention.

Pretty sure the mods are working on a guide ATM.
    It has been started, yes, but not really progressing lately. ^^'
    This thread was not stickied (but the "Helpful threads" sticky linked to it) in the first place because we wanted to have a guide, but since neither the mods and the user have been actively working on a guide those last weeks, I guess I can sticky it for now.

We'll definitely have to work on a guide, though.

Deleted
    I've gotten my warrior alt rather geared in the past two weeks and am looking to either reroll it now that garrosh is about to go down or at least find a proper heroic raid group for it so I can have some fun. I got 5 runestones this week and hoping to pick up the remaining 7 next week I'll certainly have 'em in 2 weeks time for the cloak.

I was hoping to get some critique on it's current setup glyphs/gems/enchants/reforges - I like the avoidance build but I'm not so sure on when to gem for dodge etc. nor what kind of socket bonuses are worth taking.

Oh and to the guy asking about 2 tanking 10man siegecrafter and stacks we ran prot pally(me) and a blood dk and I got 3 then 4 then 5 stacks at which point he would go to 8 and I would reset (he'd kill his only add of the fight and reset his as well) and I would then take 4 stacks to kill my add then get a 5th kill an add and the boss would be dead by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    Oh and to the guy asking about 2 tanking 10man siegecrafter and stacks we ran prot pally(me) and a blood dk and I got 3 then 4 then 5 stacks at which point he would go to 8 and I would reset (he'd kill his only add of the fight and reset his as well) and I would then take 4 stacks to kill my add then get a 5th kill an add and the boss would be dead by then.
    Ow, ye I'm talking Heroic Siegecrafter though Which I imagen isn't to much different but going 8 stacks requires some pretty serious external cooldowns which we don't have that many of in 10 man (on heroic that is). Or maybe I need better healers but the times I got the 5th stack last night every other attempt I'd feel my buttcheeks clinch.

Have to say though so far that fight on heroic.... bah bah bah bah! It'll surely take us more then 1-2 resets to get this thing down I'm sure... I didnt even get to a point where I'd get to truely practise shit as a tank... Fucking belts fucking up all the time (I know Gliff, you warned me ).

I'm a bit curious though, after the "reset" so you go to 4 stacks IIRC do you still tank the add with the boss? The tactic we've choosen and I believe is the most popular is kill the first one away from the boss, and after that keep them all near the boss and just power through the heal. I've noticed though that when someone fucking pulled RIGHT before I would (and they'd get the first stack) i'd end up with 4 stacks on the 2nd shredder (this is generally where everything went to shit) but 4 stacks seemed pretty meh, for killing it on time. That said I didn't actually get to truely try due to pretty much wiping before the.... Jump thing they do which makes them take loads of damage (Death from above i think it's called?).

Anyhow as for you spacebubble, Yellow I socket with Parry/Dodge (keeping them even is a small gain but it's still a gain). Red is Parry and Blue depending on the socket bonus I generally put Parry/Sta or Parry/Hit (but i'm so far over hit... it's stupid :@). I'm most likely a bit of an outcast because I pretty much NEVER break a socket bonus, eventhough I gues I should sometimes, I'm just a sucker for "free" stats, even if their not optimal :x

You could however enchant your gloves with Exp and your bracers with Dodge, minor improvements but they count. Secondwind is the worst talent of that tier, I run with Victory Rush but I know plenty run with the Regen (i've never liked it much for 10 man).
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2013-10-29 at 07:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Ow, ye I'm talking Heroic Siegecrafter though Which I imagen isn't to much different but going 8 stacks requires some pretty serious external cooldowns which we don't have that many of in 10 man (on heroic that is). Or maybe I need better healers but the times I got the 5th stack last night every other attempt I'd feel my buttcheeks clinch.

Have to say though so far that fight on heroic.... bah bah bah bah! It'll surely take us more then 1-2 resets to get this thing down I'm sure... I didnt even get to a point where I'd get to truely practise shit as a tank... Fucking belts fucking up all the time (I know Gliff, you warned me ).

I'm a bit curious though, after the "reset" so you go to 4 stacks IIRC do you still tank the add with the boss? The tactic we've choosen and I believe is the most popular is kill the first one away from the boss, and after that keep them all near the boss and just power through the heal. I've noticed though that when someone fucking pulled RIGHT before I would (and they'd get the first stack) i'd end up with 4 stacks on the 2nd shredder (this is generally where everything went to shit) but 4 stacks seemed pretty meh, for killing it on time. That said I didn't actually get to truely try due to pretty much wiping before the.... Jump thing they do which makes them take loads of damage (Death from above i think it's called?).

Anyhow as for you spacebubble, Yellow I socket with Parry/Dodge (keeping them even is a small gain but it's still a gain). Red is Parry and Blue depending on the socket bonus I generally put Parry/Sta or Parry/Hit (but i'm so far over hit... it's stupid :@). I'm most likely a bit of an outcast because I pretty much NEVER break a socket bonus, eventhough I gues I should sometimes, I'm just a sucker for "free" stats, even if their not optimal :x

You could however enchant your gloves with Exp and your bracers with Dodge, minor improvements but they count. Secondwind is the worst talent of that tier, I run with Victory Rush but I know plenty run with the Regen (i've never liked it much for 10 man).
    Oh I was talking about heroic myself - I'll link you the video from our first kill but do bear in mind it wasn't pretty. I forgot I had guardian ready (paladin) at the end and got killed by my 3rd stack through DP because I wasn't topped. Also got hit twice by DFA etc. our kill this week was a lot smoother but I had turned the stream off just before we killed it.

As you can see I kill the add with 3 , 4 & 5 stacks and always away from the raid. I'd imagine it would be even easier as a warrior both because of better CDs for the add but also leap to get back in time for the 5th stack which is slightly risky at times.

It's not really a bug tbh - he doesn't melee, just spams Hew. The more annoying part is that dodged or parried Hews don't give vengeance, so if you go avoidance you both have low crit and low vengeance for Skeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    It's not really a bug tbh - he doesn't melee, just spams Hew. The more annoying part is that dodged or parried Hews don't give vengeance, so if you go avoidance you both have low crit and low vengeance for Skeer.
    I also noticed this on our heroic Paragon tries - on unlucky occasions (which happen often using dodge/parry gearing) I was sitting at nearly 0 vengeance the whole time Skeer was alive.
    This brought back the old "threat tanking" feeling, since competing with the initial burst burst of DPSers sitting myself at sub 100k DPS can be somewhat challenging .

Ok I play an alt warrior and i have a pretty good understanding of avoudance build and an idea of crit build but could you explain me the crit build a bit.
    Do yu go for items from your dps gear with crit or do you just regem and reforge to crit and how much do you reforge to it, is it everything?

I've gotten my warrior alt rather geared in the past two weeks and am looking to either reroll it now that garrosh is about to go down or at least find a proper heroic raid group for it so I can have some fun. I got 5 runestones this week and hoping to pick up the remaining 7 next week I'll certainly have 'em in 2 weeks time for the cloak.

I was hoping to get some critique on it's current setup glyphs/gems/enchants/reforges - I like the avoidance build but I'm not so sure on when to gem for dodge etc. nor what kind of socket bonuses are worth taking.

You need to use the revenge glyph and Shield slam glyph. They are pretty much mandatory.

I use stam gems for my JC epic gems since you get more out of them but it may not be necessary in 10 man.

Strength socket bonus are not worth it if they require a blue gem. As far as when to gem dodge, it really doesnt matter that much. A super heavy parry build compared to a balanced build that maximizes avoidance is only a couple 10ths of a % off from each other.

I go for all avoidance bonuses even if it is only 60 dodge with a blue socket required but I'm not sure if I would as a 10 man tank. I like the stam being a 25 tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    Ok I play an alt warrior and i have a pretty good understanding of avoudance build and an idea of crit build but could you explain me the crit build a bit.
    Do yu go for items from your dps gear with crit or do you just regem and reforge to crit and how much do you reforge to it, is it everything?
    In a perfect world you want Crit/Mastery gear.

Deleted
    You need to use the revenge glyph and Shield slam glyph. They are pretty much mandatory.

I use stam gems for my JC epic gems since you get more out of them but it may not be necessary in 10 man.

Strength socket bonus are not worth it if they require a blue gem. As far as when to gem dodge, it really doesnt matter that much. A super heavy parry build compared to a balanced build that maximizes avoidance is only a couple 10ths of a % off from each other.

I go for all avoidance bonuses even if it is only 60 dodge with a blue socket required but I'm not sure if I would as a 10 man tank. I like the stam being a 25 tank.
    I actually raid 25s on my warrior (at least at the moment) :P
    By shield slam & revenge glyph I'm assuming you mean 'Hold the Line' & 'Heavy Repercussions'?

I actually raid 25s on my warrior (at least at the moment) :P
    By shield slam & revenge glyph I'm assuming you mean 'Hold the Line' & 'Heavy Repercussions'?
    Correct.

In that case get those stam gems in your JC epic gems and any blue socket bonus that is avoidance.

Deleted
    Better now? :-)

Dodge to bracers and exp to gloves.

Talents are off from what i would suggest but it may because you were doing other shit.

1. Double time

2. Enraged regen

3. Safeguard