Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That ship has sailed. I think If they never introduced flying mounts in BC the game there would still have a lot going on in the world.

also re-build all the realms, instead having 100+ with like 80% not populated enough, make 20 realms but all high population, iam sure this will bring many people back aswell.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    also re-build all the realms, instead having 100+ with like 80% not populated enough, make 20 realms but all high population, iam sure this will bring many people back aswell.
    I think this is the goal of Blizzard with Connected Realms. They want to have less dead server and more than are active and thrive to entice more communial activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How do you know millions of players WOULDN'T resubscribe? What if, just what if millions of players got fed up with the direction they have and are taking this game? (I know at least one person for sure) What if, just what if players who played in TBC saw how casual friendly they were making the game, and the fact that because they were making the game so easy to allow more players access to something they didn't really have an interest for, it diminished their accomplishments in the game? And furthermore, how do you know why a person decides to unsubscribe or not? Where is your authority on the matter???
    Because of statistics. The hardcore raider pool has never numbered in the millions of players. The idea that many people outside the "hardcore" pool give half a shit about the existence of LFR as a means for casuals to access "the hardcores" content is laughable.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    PVP should be removed. It wil never be balanced and it is a complete waste of resources. Those resources would be better spent on making more Wrath style 5mans and LFR raids.
    you cant balance it with arena in the game. get rid of it, or at least remove 2v2. also cant get anything working as long as kalgan still works for blizz. get him the hell outta there asap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.
    4.0's sub drop would like to have a word with you.

Blizzard already tried making wow less casual friendly and it did NOT work.

BTW: you want to take my Voranaku (Netherdrake) away? You'd have to pry his reins from my cold, dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The 5-6 million unsubbing is believable, but I really doubt 2-3 million would come back to a game they had played for 9 years just because they removed mounts and LFR.
    Yeah you're probably right. I was too high with my numbers. So 5-6 million unsubbing and maybe....250,000 to 500,000 resubbing? so maybe 1-2 million active subs left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol these numbers y'all are coming up with are completely from thin air. It sounds reasonable to you b/c your trying to prove a point. I do not agree with getting rid of flying mounts but hell yeah LFR can die off finally. Too much is invested into Flying mounts to take them out but there are different ways to recapture the exploration of the world again without taking them out.

But yeah nobody exactly knows how the player base will react to the game changes until it actually happens.

Flying mounts being removed would piss alot more people off than LFR I will say that though. Not everyone does LFR but I can almost promise you most of them have a flying mount lol. We just need to recapture exploration into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Raiding isnt suppose to be easy and should take a lil work. At minimum Flex even though I do not like how the gear is the exact same but thats a different topic. As far as RP I have only heard of how well connected your server becomes bc the point is to interact with others as if you were your char. In that sense I understand how much of rich social experience that can be. I would say this then. If they added a tool where you could click a button and then immediately put in a room/area or w/e with other people to RP together. Doesn't that kind of ruin the experience of it, when your suppose to go out and about on your own and use your own imagination to form an fun experience? Idk sounds a lil out there but do you get my point?
    Sounds perfect TBF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    And this is what i'm talking about as a knee jerk reaction. Its laughable that you actually think that. There are too many addicted and dependent people on this game to give it up simply if flying and lfr were removed from the game. You have no clue what would happen if this were to happen.
    Neither do you though... However LFR & Flying is popular only 3 million quit since MoP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Lol these numbers y'all are coming up with are completely from thin air.
    I already posted the subscription chart

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Neither do you though... However LFR & Flying is popular only 3 million quit since MoP
    And that's following a ~1 million spike for the MoP launch. Net loss since 4.3 is ~1.4 million. The biggest losses remain around mid expansion of both Cataclysm and MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And that's following a ~1 million spike for the MoP launch. Net loss since 4.3 is ~1.4 million. The biggest losses remain around mid expansion of both Cataclysm and MoP.
    True, however there's a vast number of reasons why..... For all we know only 20% of those that quit did so because of LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    New avatar for Jaylock eh, nice. This would drive away more people than it would actually bring back - Players do not like things they could already do taken away, who knew!? We've seen this with the vast amount of complaints about not being able to fly during leveling. We can also see this when we look at the amount of people who is currently doing LFR (front page even has a pretty graph for you) - this amount heavily outnumbers the amount of people who even killed the first boss in SSC (hell, we could even go with Karazhan due to the amount). In short, no.
    No doubt. Also considering how much gold invested into higher levels of flying. (I think I have 7 with it maxed. Not a huge amount, but it'd be dumb if it were wasted.)

True, however there's a vast number of reasons why..... For all we know only 20% of those that quit did so because of LFR
    It's actually not likely due to LFR at all for the vast majority of lost subs. The biggest dip in Cata came before the release of LFR, and the biggest dip in MoP was simply mid-expansion. There isn't actual information on mid-expansion numbers for Wrath, so we don't have solid data to say if the mid-expansion slump is normal or specific to only MoP and Cata.

Deleted
    It's actually not likely due to LFR at all for the vast majority of lost subs. The biggest dip in Cata came before the release of LFR, and the biggest dip in MoP was simply mid-expansion. There isn't actual information on mid-expansion numbers for Wrath, so we don't have solid data to say if the mid-expansion slump is normal or specific to only MoP and Cata.
    Agreed, personally I believe other games just attracted em more. After all there's very little to do now. Next expansion will pull those loses back

Agreed, personally I believe other games just attracted em more. After all there's very little to do now. Next expansion will pull those loses back
    I doubt we'll see them all back. I doubt we'll see anywhere close to 12 mil again. People ignore customer churn. Blizzard has directly stated that more people have played WoW than double the number of peak subscribers. That means that, during that peak, you had tons of people coming in, and tons of people going out. I think the biggest change is just that WoW has reached pretty much the end of the "in" players. Anybody interested in giving it a shot, likely has at this point. Now you're seeing the normal consequences of player burnout and people moving on, but without that influx of fresh players to offset it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you try to please everybody, then the only thing you will accomplish is upsetting everybody. One of my guildies has a strong religious aversion to killing anything, so she spends her time in the game gardening, herbalizing and making potions for everyone in the guild to use. She also fishes but doesn't consider that to be killing (I cannot explain her logic) but she gets into vent with us and socializes which she is very happy to spend her 14.99/month for. I say good for her and others like her. Each person has things they like about the game and things they can't stand about it. There is no right or wrong way to play, just whichever way makes you happiest without negating others happiness while playing.

Deleted
    I doubt we'll see them all back. I doubt we'll see anywhere close to 12 mil again. People ignore customer churn. Blizzard has directly stated that more people have played WoW than double the number of peak subscribers. That means that, during that peak, you had tons of people coming in, and tons of people going out. I think the biggest change is just that WoW has reached pretty much the end of the "in" players. Anybody interested in giving it a shot, likely has at this point. Now you're seeing the normal consequences of player burnout and people moving on, but without that influx of fresh players to offset it.
    Well never get 12 million again - however 9 is possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Even at 7 million subs/month WoW is a huge cash cow for Blizzard and I don't expect them to drastically alter the game any time soon. Maybe the next XPac will generate a bunch of interest from people that have never tried to play it before. That will most likely be the best winning strategy for Blizzard, because there is a much larger audience that has never even tried the game than the bored or disgruntled ones that have left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think getting rid of optional content will bring back subscribers. Seriously the topic of "how LFR is bad" and "getting rid of LFR would be good for WoW" is getting so old and annoying. Can we please just stop already, my god. No, getting rid of LFR or any other optional content will not do the game justice, at all. People quit for simple reasons, it's not LFR and I'm pretty sure it isn't because of Pandarens because that's just a retarded reason to quit. Either people are just getting bored of WoW after playing for years, they are just getting tired of paying a fee for a game they hardly play or can't afford it for whatever reasons or people just aren't interested in the game enough to keep playing, simple. If people are quitting because of MoP, flying mounts or LFG/LFR then WoW was probably never a game for them. WoW isn't the only MMO out there so people will find different MMOs to go to that are more for them.

So for the millionth time, NO. Getting rid of LFR will not bring back people because for fucks sake it's not going to change anything. The only thing it will do is make the game worse because the people who relied on LFR to experience raid content and people who just enjoyed using the feature (me) will no longer be able to do so resulting in possibly even more loss of subscriptions. As for flying mounts, I really don't know why a person would come back to WoW because there are no more flying mounts. It's like "Hey! Blizzard got rid of flying mounts! Omg this is so exciting let's play WoW again!!". I just don't understand some peoples logic in getting rid of things in WoW that you are not forced to use. Just WHY do people think getting rid of optional content in WoW will make the game any better?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-10-29 at 10:29 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they would drive more away from the game than they bring back.
    This.
    I know so many people that can't raid due to having RL stuff, so they just do LFR and they like it.
    As for flying mount, I love them. Don't see the point of travelling through the damn continent on a shitty 100% speed.