Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I love how you ppl talk about 30 and below win %. Quest design is bad (imbalanced) as soon as it isn't at least granted ~50% with maybe max 5% diversion. This quest sucks for some people more than for others hence it's one of the not so good quests. Don't do it again blizz, done here imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I give in, I can't explain this in words small enough for you to understand.
    He is right.

Consider:

A premade has more chance of success than a random group. Premades have voice chat and work together well, usually also have good gear. I'm sure everyone can agree with that.

A random group can contain oQueue premade, but statistically it remains of relevance since beforehand you do not know for sure it contains a premade and how many. With oQueue, you'll always have members being premade and its not the same amount of premade members as a random since in random it fluctuates including the variable "zero". You cannot have that variable in oQueue. Ergo, oQueue numbers are skewed towards oQueue success rates; not random BGs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

Admit defeat in this argument, you are shooting intellectual blanks.
    It's not clear to me what bias is introduced by oQueue, because it records both wins and losses.

It is clear that the oQueue win-loss ratios are not the "real" ratios. But it says that it is distinctly more likely that you will win certain BGs while queuing as Horde, and others while queuing as Alliance.

I don't know what percentage of random BGs are played with at least one oQ group in them. It might be fairly high now, because there are just not that many people playing random battlegrounds.

Three characters with cloaks and I don't recall any of them needing more than three games for the required wins. (Random queuing for each map.)

I'm sure it's been said, but could the commonality in all of the OP's losses be...the OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's not clear to me what bias is introduced by oQueue, because it records both wins and losses.
    2nd statement = red herring. Nobody claimed otherwise.

It is clear that the oQueue win-loss ratios are not the "real" ratios. But it says that it is distinctly more likely that you will win certain BGs while queuing as Horde, and others while queuing as Alliance.
    Yes, within the oQueue ecosystem. When using oQueue it is accurate.

I don't know what percentage of random BGs are played with at least one oQ group in them. It might be fairly high now, because there are just not that many people playing random battlegrounds.
    Does oQueue always count the win/loss ratio, even when not being in a premade? If yes, that'd decrease its bias.

We can still say though, that the average WoW player who uses oQueue is a more avid player than the average player in a BG just like the tech savvy internet user doesn't install certain spyware.

I'm catching up aswell, until 5.4 been to lazy to do the quests. Now I actually see all the legendary cloak it motivated me.
    Last night I won the Temple of Kotamagu (what ever), Silvershard mines are next. I have to agree that horde seems to win more, but I'll just keep going for I want the cloak. Besides googeling tacts on bg's helped a bit and talking in the bgchat aswell.
    Hopefully I win the silvershard mines tonight

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't care how you explain your lying.

For good measure:
    Yes, 37 + 23 is 60, you can indeed count.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel ya brother!
    I was a bit frustrated when I saw that you needed to do BGs in a PvE quest line.

Be strong! Be strong, son!
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Some bad luck there.

I did manage my BG wins as alliance on a PVE server. God knows how I did this!

Deleted
    Oh gee, another QQ thread.
    Until there's an actual armory link to support this, everything should be considered false/inaccurate.

I find it amusing that people shit themselves when they are forced to do a couple of BGs but when PVPers have been forced for 13 seasons to PVE (this being pretty much the only season where you are not forced), it is considered 'fine' and they should shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Some bad luck there.

I did manage my BG wins as alliance on a PVE server. God knows how I did this!
    It helps if you try the BGs when they are CtA. Also, early in the season, when many people are still gearing up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It helps if you try the BGs when they are CtA. Also, early in the season, when many people are still gearing up.
    Makes sense.

I did mine way back when glad I did and got it on first couple of goes. I since have gone back to horde <3.