Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    EQ was my first mmo, and while WoW has sucked all these years out of my life, I still feel like EQ is the one that still hasn't been lived up to. The reasoning is mostly the small stuff, the way the npc interaction was, the crafting, the first time I simply explored the world. Obviously it was before WoW so there was a lot that wasn't quite thought of or implemented.. but that's my mmo I guess. Very much looking forward to what they do with Everquest Next.

WoW has done a lot for me, cost me money, saved me money, made me money; cost me friends, made me friends. Ultimately, I'm not concerned about the amount of time I have wasted in this game, I enjoyed it much more than I would have spent my time otherwise (I'm sure).

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    source ?

pandas in warcraft 3 were not goofy looking and did not punch and use fists with weird clumsy animations

now the Monk panda in wow is much more like Kong fu panda clumsy panda fighting in martial arts and ninja style like nartuo or some anime style
    Well MoP was announced in 2011 same year that Kung Fu panda was released. They would have been working on MoP long before that. So you do the math:P

Oh and Pandaren were supposed to be the Burning Crusade race instead of Draenei too. So they have been planning to put them ingame for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amen good sir

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Well MoP was announced in 2011 same year that Kung Fu panda was released. They would have been working on MoP long before that. So you do the math:P

Oh and Pandaren were supposed to be the Burning Crusade race instead of Draenei too. So they have been planning to put them ingame for a very long time.
    That was the second KFP movie, but Blizzard was planning on releasing Pandaren in TBC but switched to Draenei cause it would worked better & people also complain alot about Space Goats back than too, First KFP was 2008 & TBC which was actually 2006 during development cause TBC got pushed to Jan 2007.

If KFP never released the Panda's reputation wouldn't be as bad.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-30 at 03:54 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Amen good sir

- - - Updated - - -

That was the second KFP movie, but Blizzard was planning on releasing Pandaren in TBC but switched to Draenei cause it messed well & people complain alot about Space Goats back than, which was actually 2006 cause TBC got pushed to Jan 2007.
    Ah yes 2008 I see was looking at the wrong one. Thanks

But yeah as I said in my post, they had planned them for TBC, which goes further back indeed.

Not sure why people get all flustered about Pandaren/Kung Fu Panda anyway, Blizz have always had that more cartoonish and poking fun mentality when it comes to races and such in WoW.

And I love Animated movies, who honestly thinks animated movies are childish? Its just silly to be honest ;/

Deleted
    source ?

pandas in warcraft 3 were not goofy looking and did not punch and use fists with weird clumsy animations

now the Monk panda in wow is much more like Kong fu panda clumsy panda fighting in martial arts and ninja style like nartuo or some anime style

Get off of the hate bandwagon and think for yourself, I'm not sure which version of Warcraft 3 you were playing but you're literally as wrong as you can possibly be about them looking "not goofy" and having "weird clumsy animations".

Source 1:
    http://z-pad.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Panda.jpg

Source 2:
    http://www.apollowebworks.com/warcra...ots/panda2.jpg

If you even think of replying with some awesome looking Pandaren artwork from the era of WC3, please don't bother as it's irrelevant to the in-game graphics The Pandaren have always had a slight comic value to them and there's nothing wrong with that.

OP: You're 100% right! Anybody who's played WoW for an extended period of their lives will understand what you're saying! I've been going at it since just launch and I've never turned back! Have had some great times with WoW and there's more to come

I love this topic. Sorry you're going through a rough patch, OP.

WoW is my very favorite game of all time as well. I've played plenty of excellent role playing games from Chrono Trigger to Final Fantasy to Dragon Quest and on and on and on, but none of those games really come close to the immersion and play value of WoW. It's kind of weird to say, but I feel like I grew up with WoW.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account

But yeah as I said in my post, they had planned them for TBC, which goes further back indeed.

Not sure why people get all flustered about Pandaren/Kung Fu Panda anyway, Blizz have always had that more cartoonish and poking fun mentality when it comes to races and such in WoW.

And I love Animated movies, who honestly thinks animated movies are childish? Its just silly to be honest ;/
    I always go with that it is usually immaturity that is the cause of it. But there are some people who I know that don't like them, they just say its another Race they will prbly never play. But if people like them all the power to them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The first days playing WoW were simply amazing, I couldn't believe a game could be this amazing. I wonder if I'll ever experience something like that in a game again, the only thing that came close was the fun questing experience in SW:ToR but even that was still far behind.

I remember the Undead starting zone, smooth combat, everything looked great. Then when I saw UCity for the first time with all the Abomination Guards I knew it was a game in its own universe, nothing was comparable. I also remember hanging out in Orgrimmar and seeing epic mounts for the first time, they were truly EPIC. I also remember finding my first epic item and farming for MONTHS to finally get my epic mount. All of this was before I ever even stepped foot in MC so when I did and saw 40 people playing together.... wow that was truly epic.
    Last edited by alemaite; 2013-10-30 at 04:02 PM.

it may be the finest game you played this far. You have no idea on what comes next year. Or 5 years from now. for all we know. Project titan can be a wo 2.0 with every single thing that made wow what it is, improved.

It'd be very hard to unseat this game from its pedestal, no matter what direction it goes in the future it won't erase what time I've already had with it

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It'd be very hard to unseat this game from its pedestal, no matter what direction it goes in the future it won't erase what time I've already had with it
    There's no doubt that Blizzard is very slow and deliberate in the moves they make, and I believe that's one reason the game remains so polished. Other MMO's go with knee jerk reactins and gimmicks that offer a gaming experience like a 13 year old losing his virginity. It's super awesome, but after a few seconds the fun is over.

Kung Fu Panda is a 2008 film not 2011 and if pandas would be released in TBC it would be completely different then it is now in w3 pandas are brewmasters not KONG foo fighters wow pandas have the same animiations same art style like the panda from kong fu panda

oh and one of the reasons why TBC gained subs and didn't lose them unlike MOP is no pandas

I agree, but not in quite a dramatic manner.

Don't forget, the very thought of a game like World of Warcraft being possible was insane only 20 years ago, so imagine what is to come with most investment, social integration and determination from the gaming community, over the next 15 - 20 years?

World of Warcraft will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will be sad to see it end eventually, but overall, I think there are still bigger and better things to come.

your point ??? i taught we are talking about world of warcraft not warcraft 3

and beside warcraft 3 has only 1 or 2 pandas and they do not look as ridiculous as they are in wow....

pandas in world of warcraft are inspired by kong fu panda more then anything
    Oh joy, someone pulling loopholes out their ass to somehow justify their point.

Do we really need hate in EVERY positive thread? We get one ever blue moon for Christ's sakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    WoW is and will forever be one of the finest games I ever played.
    Well, the "wll forever be" part can be debated. If you're referring to playing WoW when it was at it's best, yes that experience can never be taken away.

However there's nothing stopping Blizz from ruining WoW (more so than they have already).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Well, the "forever be" part can be debated. If you're referring to playing WoW when it was at it's best, yes that experience can never be taken away.

However there's nothing stopping Blizz from ruining WoW (more so than they have already).
    Sigh.

Seriously. Why can't people just let others enjoy something.

I really don't get it. @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Sigh.

Insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Sigh.

Cuz they all crazy!! It's ok I have a little dark corner over there -----> that they can all go to and complain to one another /cackle.

who honestly thinks animated movies are childish? Its just silly to be honest ;/
    i think it's mostly kids, trying to assert how mature they are, who get all up in arms about pandaren. most adults i know are past crying about such things when we're playing a video game where we can play cow people and space goats.

To be honest anyone who is an adult with children were praising the powers that be that there was a movie they could take their kids to that they could watch without loosing their mind. They design the majority of animated movies for kids but they make them specifically to entertain adults as well because the adults control the wallets, not the kids.

The majority of people who said, "LOL Kng Fu Panda!" didn't give mop a try in the same way that toddlers won't give green beans a try. Same maturity level as well.