Thread: Murkalot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't read any of the posts in this thread yet, have you?
    No, I've read them hence why I am asking.

Some of my friends have apprently gotten their in-game Diablo rewards, and the Pet Journal lists Murkalot within the game files. No need to be a total asshat.

The HotS pet was pretty meh, they should make Murkalot pretty meh too. But I guess they want to do wahtever sells the most VT so it will be stupid OP till a week after Blizzcon where they'll nerf it; much to the ire of ppl who buy the VT *JUST* for the pet (and I guarantee you there will be people doin you that, someones already admitted they are tempted in this thread).

Mercenary, but this is Blizzard, they are a company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Your BlizzCon 2013 in-game goodies for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, and Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft will automatically be added to your Battle.net account. After the goodies have been officially released to players some time after the start of BlizzCon 2013, you’ll be able to access them in-game when you log in using this Battle.net account. Keep an eye on www.blizzcon.com for more information.
    As it's always been with the other Blizzcon virtual ticket pets, you get it after Blizzcons started.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Your BlizzCon 2013 in-game goodies for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, and Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft will automatically be added to your Battle.net account. After the goodies have been officially released to players some time after the start of BlizzCon 2013, you’ll be able to access them in-game when you log in using this Battle.net account. Keep an eye on www.blizzcon.com for more information.
    As it's always been with the other Blizzcon virtual ticket pets, you get it after Blizzcons started.
    The D3 rewards were handed out a month and a half ago, so it would be natural for people to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The D3 rewards were handed out a month and a half ago, so it would be natural for people to ask.
    Not disputing that, for me though having had these pets before and having read the terms and conditions from above when purchasing, knew it wouldn't be today, D3 stuff was probably an oversight.

But the above quote is there for everyone to see that ordered a virtual ticket when you purchase it in the FAQ.^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    much to the ire of ppl who buy the VT *JUST* for the pet
    VT will be the 'ONLY' way to get the pet, and for a limited time, so it will be pretty exclusive :P
    Plus I love how it looks.
    Plus I want to watch the stream :|
    PM me weird stuff :3

While the pet is awesome, I'd have gotten the ticket anyway. I just see the pet as an added bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    For pvp it doesnt look anything special to me.

A valknije can kick his *** any day.

Level 25 hp1530 ap273 speed270
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    VT will be the 'ONLY' way to get the pet, and for a limited time, so it will be pretty exclusive :P
    Plus I love how it looks.
    Plus I want to watch the stream :|
    I'm not suggesting that everyone who buys a VT will be doing it for the pet. I am suggesting there are thousands of pet collectors who will be buying the VT for the pet, with anything else being a bonus.

Some of those will be buying it for its pet battle prowess, because as it currently stands its gonna be god-like; then everyone without one will complain about how unbalanced pet PVP is with it and they will nerf it.

I am suggesting Blizzard knows this full well and are taking advantage of it. Imagine if the VT reward was a PVP weapon 13 iLvl higher than the current seasons. LOTS of PvPers would be buying the ticket for the weapon. Then afterwards the community complains about the imbalance of such strong weapons so Blizzard nerfs them. OF course that example is so brazen I think people would be complaining a lot louder before it went live; but the pet battle community isn't as vocal in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I am suggesting Blizzard knows this full well and are taking advantage of it. Imagine if the VT reward was a PVP weapon 13 iLvl higher than the current seasons. LOTS of PvPers would be buying the ticket for the weapon. Then afterwards the community complains about the imbalance of such strong weapons so Blizzard nerfs them. OF course that example is so brazen I think people would be complaining a lot louder before it went live; but the pet battle community isn't as vocal in my experience.
    That's probably because of the size of the "serious" pet battle community compared to the size of the serious pvp community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    For pvp it doesnt look anything special to me.

A valknije can kick his *** any day.

Level 25 hp1530 ap273 speed270
    Haunt is indeed overpowered right now but that's another story. Nothing keeping you from using this with a Valk for a free turn with a speed and power boosted haunt after shieldstorm. (and then your 3rd pet would absorb a free attack)

Wouldn't trust Wowhead's B/B breed. It tends to be a placeholder for new pets as I don't think they datamine pet battle info (or pull it from the API).
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-10-30 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any rewards for Pet PvP Battles I am not aware of? I'm sure instead of nerfing Murkalot, Blizz would just add a pet with the same ability that others could get
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really hoping we'd get it with the patch, but not surprised at all that we have to wait for Blizzcon Can't wait!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    But you actually get to go to Blizzcon :X
    Plus the blizzcon goodie bag?

WoW was acting up, so I logged into D3, got achievement and all the stuff from VT ^_^
    Actually played D3 for like an hour :O
    ^^ Until I got bored and went back on wow. I'm looking forward to Sir Murkalot though, his effect thingys he does when standing still are quite awesome

A knight themed murloc is awesome!

P.S. You don't get him till Blizzcon happens, though.

Murkalot is out

I MEAN MURKALOT

Restart your Battle.net client. He's cute.
    Last edited by jsz; 2013-11-07 at 01:18 AM.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Murkalot, you mean?

Lies and deceptions!

Fuck me, yeah. Mod edit title?
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

It's true.

Proofs:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81
    Not showing on achieves yet... Hmm.

EU Btw
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-11-07 at 01:31 AM.