Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Just had to add to this.
    Why are you all replying to an obvious troll/complete moron.
    Seriously.
    Find someone else to waste time on.
    Like Gamon, he's always lonely.
    /endthread.

OP you are saying it wouldnt take any resources... You think server is maintainig itself? Making mobs stronger, heroics harder (and balanced) and world changed (yes there are places/quests that you can't reach without flying mounts like throne of 4 winds, quests on flying ship in icecrown, etc. etc.) isn't a matter of pushing a button. There would have to be people there to do that and their time on that idiotic idea = less time on actualy servers where we are playing now.

But I have a better idea for you. Instead of making realms, give players Badass option when they create their character. A player with badass option would never be able to revert it, would gain character exclusive title 'XXX the Hardcore' but couldn't use flying mounts,LFR,LFG,benefit from Guild Perks, enter normal raids, gain exp 2 times slower and whatever else you think makes player a hardcore. I wonder how many players would we have like that around...

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    why not ?

give us hardcore server with new rules

No flying mounts
    No LFG/LFR
    No normal raids you can only go heroic raids
    much more punishing Environment in order to force us into playing with other players stronger mobs make it so we can solo maximum 2 normal mobs 4 mobs would overwhelm us
    make elite mobs much stronger so we can kill them only with group
    make heroics dungeon twice as hard on that server
    no guild leveling

look at path of the exile everyone loves the hardcore servers and people complain ALL the time about this LFR /fly mounts and want them removed so lets make 1 server call it hardcore or whatever and lets see how its go i can promise it will get flooded with people and blizzard will be forced to make more hardcore servers

while many dislike it just as many would LOVE it many old players would come back for it Kripparrian /kungen for sure would come back to play it and so many more players would resubscribe !

i cant think of one single reason not to do it.
    You forgot....

Fire on the ground always
    No flight Plan
    No hearth stone
    No Toggle run walk (you only walk)
    Gear breaks and are destoryed when you die****
    When you die you lose 2 levels****
    PVP server
    Raid: 10 man drops 1 loot/25 man drops 2 loot
    Heroic Instance: a bag of goodies, which contain (50 copper to 55 copper)
    Quests
    -Instead of kill 40 monster Questes, it should be kill 40,000 monster quest
    -Instead of travel within the map questes, it travel to a diffrenet content quests
    -all Quest item spawns are 1 in every 1 week.

**** Greatest Hardcore feature everrrrr, it will stop all casuals from playing the game

Yup this will be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Many complaints does not not mean many people complaining. 1 person complaining about 10 things does not mean 10 people complaining about 1 thing.

If you think some of your suggestion will work and will bring people back in drove is wrong. You may not be able to provide evidence how many will come back but at the least you can provide evidence why they will bring people back. Just because some people complain about them is not evidence. We don't know if they are the minority or the majority. In general people only make themselves heard when they are unhappy, not when they are happy.

How many times have you raised your voice in praise of something and continue to do so compared to complaining about something and continue to do so?

As for your suggestion.

Removing flying mounts. What will that fix? People prefer it? I doubt it. Before Have Group Will Travel, people had to flying to raids. Before LFD, before had to fly to dungeons. In party chat, people are always asking who is flying to stone and asking for summons. When it was removed, there were calls for it to be re-instated. When the portals were removed from Dalaran. People complained and ask it to be re-instated. People pay for mage portals during the Thanksgiving festival. These behaviour suggest to me that people are lazy and wants the fastest means of travels.

This is my evidence that removing flying mounts is a stupid idea.

Your suggestion is going to make travelling worse. And you think that will be bring people back? What are your evidence to support this? Just because you and your group think it is a good idea?

Bring back elite mobs that requires group to kill. My experience of elite mobs and group quests is that it will just be skipped. In WoTLK, at start, finding groups for these quests were easy. There were people around because it was new. Fast forward a couple of years and hardly anyone will be around. These quests will skipped. I think Blizzard noticed this which is why they were removed and group quests are now in dungeons, where is an actual group.
    So what will having elite mobs and group quests bring back?

Slow and harder levelling. When DK was introduced and starts at level 55. People wanted to know if the feature would be extended to other classes. People asked and suggested the option to buy high level characters. People were looking at RAF for the XP bonus gains. There are people that are looking for the fastest way to reach max level. And you suggesting to make it harder and slower?

These are my arguments why some of your ideas will not work. I would imagine these servers will not be highly populated. What are your evidence that your ideas will work?
    remove flying mounts would give the feeling that the world is much bigger and world pvp part of any hardcore server in any game

hard mobs to make lvling more challenging and elite mobs nobody skipped this quests especially in nagrand you could always see people looking for groups for the elite quests if you skipped then its your problem

i imagine this server would be full by the first week

i cant think of one single reason not to do it.
    Because the novelty would wear off in about a week to a month, and people would not play it.

It would split development to have to develop systems around the lack of certain systems on a specific realm.

There's two.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    OP you are saying it wouldnt take any resources... You think server is maintainig itself? Making mobs stronger, heroics harder (and balanced) and world changed (yes there are places/quests that you can't reach without flying mounts like throne of 4 winds, quests on flying ship in icecrown, etc. etc.) isn't a matter of pushing a button. There would have to be people there to do that and their time on that idiotic idea = less time on actualy servers where we are playing now.

But I have a better idea for you. Instead of making realms, give players Badass option when they create their character. A player with badass option would never be able to revert it, would gain character exclusive title 'XXX the Hardcore' but couldn't use flying mounts,LFR,LFG,benefit from Guild Perks, enter normal raids, gain exp 2 times slower and whatever else you think makes player a hardcore. I wonder how many players would we have like that around...
    you know we the players that want this and there alot of us pay just like u when twinks asked for Locked exp blizz gave it to them what i am asking for is mostly removal of features they many dead servers they could just pick few of them and turn them into hardcore and give the players there free xfer

go read it again and now until the end you would not need to ask any questions if would only read one more line
    what exactly about this is suppose to make it anymore believable?

no this what you are doing talking with you is waste of time saying things like nobody in their right mind would play it or only people that can critically think can see what would happen is very selfish comebacks talking with you is waste of my time and i have big feeling you are just trolling me

- - - Updated - - -

no because all the 5 million players who quit wow would come back to play this server only

before you tell me how do i know i want to ask you how do you know nobody will play on it.
    That extra Sentence added nothing. It doesn't back up your claim...only attempts to distract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Because the novelty would wear off in about a week to a month, and people would not play it.

It would split development to have to develop systems around the lack of certain systems on a specific realm.

There's two.
    1. i disagree i think it will only grow and blizz will profit alot from it and make more servers

2. nop its will not split anything keep doing the same things only on one server its harder and some features are removed.

Deleted
    If you don't like LFR, don't use it.
    If you don't like to fly, use your normal mounts
    If you only want to raid heroic, go raid heroic

As you see, a lot of the options you described are already in place. Use it and don't use easy mode

'In my experience, the vast majority of people who want "elite" servers don't belong there.'
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    what exactly about this is suppose to make it anymore believable?

That extra Sentence added nothing. It doesn't back up your claim...only attempts to distract.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't need to. Your post literally stated that you seem to think that 5 million people will come back to the game just for this server. That's an absurd statement.

Your second sentence is meaningless to what I was saying. Obviously I can't say that nobody would be interested. If you read what I've said, I never even suggested that. Some people will be interested but not the 5 million you seem to think would be.

it was in replay for person who made bald claim no buddy would play the server so i showed him i can make bald claims too ok ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tberg View Post
    If you don't like LFR, don't use it.
    If you don't like to fly, use your normal mounts
    If you only want to raid heroic, go raid heroic

As you see, a lot of the options you described are already in place. Use it and don't use easy mode
    we already took care of this suggestion in the first page

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post

Gear breaks and are destoryed when you die****
    Does this apply to PvP as well or does your gear just become lootable when you are killed by another player?

1. i disagree i think it will only grow and blizz will profit alot from it and make more servers

2. nop its will not split anything keep doing the same things only on one server its harder and some features are removed.
    You are entitled to think that. But you have nothing to support your claim outside of your belief...and maybe that belief is shared by a handful of other posters. You don't have market evidence of this ever working. You don't have a noticeable demand for this. All you have is that you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Don't use flying mounts.
    Don't use LFG/LFR.
    Only use Heroic raid option.
    Use white gear instead of quests green/blue equipment.
    Same as above.
    Same as above.
    Don't use the guild.

BAMM!!! There you go, don't use those things and you got your experience on a completly normal server.
    hahaha yes this is what i was going to post

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay this is getting way out of hand here and has turned into "Everyone against the OP" with nothing useful being discussed.