Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dont try to say "i told you so"

i see alot of people who want a south seas expansion who believe the dark below is real. i personally think the next expansion is about the south seas/azshara but i dont believe its real.

i think this is gonna be a problem if it happens, there will be people trying to claim they told everybody so even if its called world of warcraft southrend beach party, just because they thought the dark below was a real trademark.

of course if in two weeks its both about the south seas AND is called the dark below, i will eat my hat.
    The next expansion could take place on argus. That would be more amazing than south seas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    Blizzard has said ALL players (including levelers will be in the new zones). There is a reason why Catacylsm is now free. Blizzard would like to update Outlands but due to how much Cataclysm bombed, I doubt it will happen. Why not spend resources and time making new zones and new areas to level up in.

Weapons that drop from the Garroth are heirlooms that work up to level 100.

A Vision in Time: Weekly quest ends at the Caverns of time with Soridorm being killed. This is a MASSIVE clue for the next expansion. How is this related to the Burning Legion? It's not!

The Enchanted Fey Dragon, Emerald Hippogryphand the Stormcrow mounts. All mounts are unknown where they come from. If you remember back in Cataclysm, the mount that was 'unknown' had a MOP theme. It is highly likely these unknown mounts are a big indication of the next expansion.

With the revamp of Cataclysm, the world trees (where the portals are) weren't destroyed. Infact, they are still there. Why would Blizzard bother keeping them if they had no intended to use these in the future?

I predict the expansion will be dragon related. Emerald dream maybe?
    Ahh that's true..those fey/hippogryph mounts/pets lately..!!! That's definitely a portent of Emerald Dream. Blizz basically waited till everyone dropped Dream expansion rumors, while they were also busy w/ the South Seas/Great Sea/Maelstrom/Queen Azshara & Outland 2.0 rumors, to surprise players w/ Cata instead of ED, then surprise 'em w/ MoP again..

Now that a lot of people had dropped ED at last for the most part, and were starting to get all up on the Islands/Queen Azshara/New Outland/Legion themes, this would be the perfect time, after MoP, for them to have developed the Emerald Dream finally, that would be one of the most fitting, 'surprising' (at the time of announcement, vs. current faded ED hype/rumors) expansion while yet not being so far out of left field that it doesn't seem 'epic/classic' the way that MoP/Undermine & Subterranean Azeroth/Other Continents far west or far east unexplored Azeroth would be/have been perceived as.. Makes sense~!

Your username. It's my RL 1. ;9
    >>> And then.. <<<

10+ Year Old Account
    There are alot of hints to say we are going to visit the South Seas and due to that the rise of Azshara/N'Zoth would be the main threat..

The story as it has drawn to a conclusion with Siege leaves alot of plots that need to be dealt with and a expansion into Argus or against the legion would only take away from the INTERNAL conflicts that need addressing. There is a reason Garrosh is still alive, they want to expand his story and to set to the side so quickly with the Legion doesn't make sense.

Wrathion needs time to formulate his plans and put them into action. Considering that the expansion doesn't just jump us like 2 years down the road which honestly with how things are do not make sense b/c Garrosh trial would have happened already.

Vol'jin, Thrall need time to rebuild the horde and deal with all the Orcs that were loyal to Garrosh.. Varion was quoted after Garroshed defeat that they needed to deal with Gilneas which would make zero sense if we were being invaded by the Legion. I am pretty sure all internal problems will get pushed to the side. They will keep us on Azeroth and bring back unfinish/hinted lore that include Azshara and the Old God N'Zoth.

Y'Shaarj during the Garrosh fight:
    "You will rest in Ny'alotha.
    When you'll walk among the black forest, you will see"

The black forest is speculated to be in the Emerald Nightmare/Rift of Aln which N'Zoth is said to have his roots due to Malfurion seeing that there is a power controling the nightmare from deep below the oceans of Azeroth.

It just makes sense to me that this is the threat we will be dealing with in Expansion 5. It gives us a great story that fans want to deal with as well as keeps us on Azeroth to deal with internal conflicts we are dealing with after the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    The south seas is already in game, notice how it says "The South Seas" when you fly from Kun-Lai to Oondasta Isle or from Jade Forest to Timeless Isle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The south seas is already in game, notice how it says "The South Seas" when you fly from Kun-Lai to Oondasta Isle or from Jade Forest to Timeless Isle.
    Yes, south seas is in the game, but not to its full potential, there are many other islands in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Lmao, waters in between zones & beaches have been called 'South Seas' etc for a billion years now, since Tanaris/Steamwheedle Port in vanilla...
    >>> And then.. <<<

15+ Year Old Account
    I think people are missing the point.

The OP isn't trying to argue whether or not the next expansion will be about the South Seas or Naga or whatever. He is just saying that IF it turns out that it is South Seas-based (and he personally believes it will be, but that's besides the point) that people who think 'The Dark Below' should not say that they were right. The Dark Below trademark is fake, but if the next expansion is Naga related, the people who did believe in it will likely say "haha we were right, they just changed the name!" or something. He just doesn't want that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    There are alot of hints to say we are going to visit the South Seas and due to that the rise of Azshara/N'Zoth would be the main threat..

The story as it has drawn to a conclusion with Siege leaves alot of plots that need to be dealt with and a expansion into Argus or against the legion would only take away from the INTERNAL conflicts that need addressing. There is a reason Garrosh is still alive, they want to expand his story and to set to the side so quickly with the Legion doesn't make sense.

Wrathion needs time to formulate his plans and put them into action. Considering that the expansion doesn't just jump us like 2 years down the road which honestly with how things are do not make sense b/c Garrosh trial would have happened already.

Vol'jin, Thrall need time to rebuild the horde and deal with all the Orcs that were loyal to Garrosh.. Varion was quoted after Garroshed defeat that they needed to deal with Gilneas which would make zero sense if we were being invaded by the Legion. I am pretty sure all internal problems will get pushed to the side. They will keep us on Azeroth and bring back unfinish/hinted lore that include Azshara and the Old God N'Zoth.

Y'Shaarj during the Garrosh fight:
    "You will rest in Ny'alotha.
    When you'll walk among the black forest, you will see"

The black forest is speculated to be in the Emerald Nightmare/Rift of Aln which N'Zoth is said to have his roots due to Malfurion seeing that there is a power controling the nightmare from deep below the oceans of Azeroth.

It just makes sense to me that this is the threat we will be dealing with in Expansion 5. It gives us a great story that fans want to deal with as well as keeps us on Azeroth to deal with internal conflicts we are dealing with after the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Do most people want to stay on Azeroth for the 4th straight expansion though? I'm sick of it and I just want to go to another planet to get away from it all. A planet that would be out of the ordinary, dark and bad ass, as well as a return in general of the Burning Legion which we haven't seen since the very first expansion. If anything, it's long overdue. Gimme.

i think this is gonna be a problem if it happens, there will be people trying to claim they told everybody
    If this is a problem, it is completely insignificant.

Maybe on a personal basis, or with your "forum rivals" this could be an issue, but other than that I see no significance to the 'problem' of people saying "I told you so" with regards to predicting the next expansion.

Yes, this does seem so darn silly to me =)
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Do most people want to stay on Azeroth for the 4th straight expansion though? I'm sick of it and I just want to go to another planet to get away from it all. A planet that would be out of the ordinary, dark and bad ass, as well as a return in general of the Burning Legion which we haven't seen since the very first expansion. If anything, it's long overdue. Gimme.
    I honestly do not blame you and the main thing to remember is, whatever we may think.. Blizzard does things how they see fit. They know we want to face the Legion, hinse ALL the hints that his is the case with Wrathion and other clues. There is also othe hints to N'zoth that could end up being an future threat coming before the Legion OR nothing but clues and information about the fact there is an Old God underwater and do not forget about him.

Only problem for me is that Argus feel like its the final showdown, which that isnt the case bc there are plans for future expansion. How would it feel to go to Argus and kill a big baddy over their like Kil'Jaden and take the fight to the Legion and cripple them, To just come back to Azeroth the next expansion and deal with Azshara/N'zoth/Emerald Nightmare? Idk it doesnt seem to flow very well. I think we can be given a completely new experience in the game IF it was done right by Blizzard. We will see though but regardless all I want is something we haven't seen before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    Blizzard has said ALL players (including levelers will be in the new zones). There is a reason why Catacylsm is now free. Blizzard would like to update Outlands but due to how much Cataclysm bombed, I doubt it will happen. Why not spend resources and time making new zones and new areas to level up in.

Weapons that drop from the Garroth are heirlooms that work up to level 100.

A Vision in Time: Weekly quest ends at the Caverns of time with Soridorm being killed. This is a MASSIVE clue for the next expansion. How is this related to the Burning Legion? It's not!

The Enchanted Fey Dragon, Emerald Hippogryphand the Stormcrow mounts. All mounts are unknown where they come from. If you remember back in Cataclysm, the mount that was 'unknown' had a MOP theme. It is highly likely these unknown mounts are a big indication of the next expansion.

With the revamp of Cataclysm, the world trees (where the portals are) weren't destroyed. Infact, they are still there. Why would Blizzard bother keeping them if they had no intended to use these in the future?

I predict the expansion will be dragon related. Emerald dream maybe?
    I have a feeling the Next Expansion will be a lot like Cat with Leveling zones all over the place, the Emerald Dream could easily be a zone in such an expansion. I doubt it can be a full expansion anymore, and with all the clues out there the legion expansion involves an invasion of Azeroth. So the ED would be one of the fronts being invaded. It could have a dungeon and a raid, Just like Broken Islands, Undercity, Gilneas, and a bunch of areas that are unused or in the Lore and unseen, none of which warrant an expansion but could easily be included in one.

I expect Queen Azshara and N'Zoth being early expansion raid bosses. This could include the new Nightmare as an early raid boss.

Your notice of the mounts work since they all relate to classic Warcraft and Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I honestly do not blame you and the main thing to remember is, whatever we may think.. Blizzard does things how they see fit. They know we want to face the Legion, hinse ALL the hints that his is the case with Wrathion and other clues. There is also othe hints to N'zoth that could end up being an future threat coming before the Legion OR nothing but clues and information about the fact there is an Old God underwater and do not forget about him.

Only problem for me is that Argus feel like its the final showdown, which that isnt the case bc there are plans for future expansion. How would it feel to go to Argus and kill a big baddy over their like Kil'Jaden and take the fight to the Legion and cripple them, To just come back to Azeroth the next expansion and deal with Azshara/N'zoth/Emerald Nightmare? Idk it doesnt seem to flow very well. I think we can be given a completely new experience in the game IF it was done right by Blizzard. We will see though but regardless all I want is something we haven't seen before.
    The thing is they could do a big Legion invasion expansion that includes all the important lore areas that have not been touched, to include the Emerald Dream/Nightmare which would lead to raids against Azshara and N'Zoth, of course in my hypothesis someone like Kil'Jaden would be the final boss, this would set the stage to taking the fight to the Legion which includes several lore worlds like Argus, the final raid fight being the corrupted Titan Sargeras that would set the stage for a Titan themed Expansion. So there are three good exspansions I can think of. Granted they possibly could fit side quest Expansions between each making it 5 more.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still going to say "I told you so" to the people that are claiming it's Time Travel, the Legion, or the Emerald Dream.

I only "tell you so" on theme, not name.

If you're out there advancing one of those three causes, I will "tell you so" even if you suddenly switch and claim "I always secretly supported Azshara, I just didn't believe in TDB."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Please not the South Seas - sooo boring.
    This. I think if this happens i might actually have to delete my characters. Just so I dont get tempted to resub and then get burnt out from another boring xpac. Stop with this shit blizzard, give people wat they want. Give us tbc 2.0

" . . . But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming . . . " - Ra-den

If that wasn't a hint, I don't know what is.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow the game has been going for almost 10 years.

however in the storyline each expansion is a year long.

vanilla is a year in the timeline
    bc is a year in the timeline
    wrath is a year in the timeline
    cata is a year in the timeline
    mists is another year

anduin was 10 when wow started, at the beginning of mists he was 14

- - - Updated - - -

theyve never said this. and cataclysm is free because the expansion is almost over and you havent had to pay for more than 2 expansions if you wanted to start and the new one will be out soon.

making it so you only have to buy vanilla and mists makes it easier for new people to actually play the game, thats the only reason its now free, they make more money off subscriptions then they do expansions if they can get someone to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard knows alot of people want a 10 level expansion i dont think they would let the weapons go up to 100 on live and then change them to 95 next expansion that would just be mean and blatant trolling. i also doubt they would let us level through 2 expansions when they could just offer 100- 110 weapons next expansion and not have to offer something else

I disagree. After you start doing Raids in the next xpac, those heirloom weapons are not going to be viable. So why not store them until the next xpac? Also, even if the next xpac is to lvl 100, they wont drop new weapons, they'll just offer a way to upgrade them similar to how we can upgrade the heirlooms from Wrath.

Are we sure each xpac is 1 year long? I'm not saying your wrong, I just can't seem to find any definitive info or data to back that up. I think blizz is consciously being vague so they have some flexibility to tell their story.