Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzcon and New models?

So hopefully at Blizzcon they show new models.

I want to discuss the new features models might bring.

Do you think we will get "Better" armor models? Such as visible chestplates and cloaks(With better animations)?

What about legging with models?

The Lich King is a good example of what I mean. He plates on his legging. He has a modeled chestplate and such. He looks like what players should in full armor.

Maybe next blizzcon we will see finished models. Doubt this year, unless everything the Dev's tell us is a lie.

We will not see all races with new models, but we will see new Dwarves. 90% confident.

Will be happy with better beards. Will be ecstatic if they include Wildhammer tattoos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Maybe next blizzcon we will see finished models. Doubt this year, unless everything the Dev's tell us is a lie.
    I will still have hope. I mean they transferred a lot guys from Titan. Also even if they aren't 100% finished they might show us some features to start a hype train. I hope we see something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    I will still have hope.
    I don't - I don't believe for a second that they're even properly working on them. It may be a side project for a few artists but the likelihood of us getting them ever is looking pretty slim.

The game will most likely go f2p before we even see them and knowing Blizzard, they'll charge extra for them on their cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt we will ever see better 'armor' models. Transmog pretty much ruined any future development in that department. Why work hard on something when you can half ass it and let them change it to something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I just hope they go all out with it. They've mentioned possibly giving some races subraces several times before, and if they do it will open up a whole new dimension for customization, personalization, and roleplaying. I'm talking about things like:

Dwarves: Dark Iron and Wildhammer
    Blood Elves: Felbloods
    Forsaken: undead high elves
    Orcs: dragonmaw, mag'har
    Draenei: broken (who hopefully get the warlock class, since there's a Broken draenei warlock trainer in shattrath)

If you can think of any more feel free to add them, but seriously, if Blizzard does this I'll individually hug every employee at their office.

I'm hoping we'll see a preview of a couple, they probably won't be all done before the next expansion but some might be.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    I doubt we will ever see better 'armor' models. Transmog pretty much ruined any future development in that department. Why work hard on something when you can half ass it and let them change it to something else?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

except for a abnormalities (namely warlock t16 and rogue season 13), the quality of armor sets is greater than ever.

you may not enjoy the concept behind those sets, but that can't be helped. MoP sets must follow MoP's aesthetics. if you dislike them, you'll dislike the sets.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'd like to see better armour models in the form of 3D armour, rather than pasting a texture over your character (while wearing a robe it is literally part of your torso!)
    It's probably not very likely at this point though and would make old models look awful

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I just hope they go all out with it. They've mentioned possibly giving some races subraces several times before, and if they do it will open up a whole new dimension for customization, personalization, and roleplaying. I'm talking about things like:

Dwarves: Dark Iron and Wildhammer
    Blood Elves: Felbloods
    Forsaken: undead high elves
    Orcs: dragonmaw, mag'har
    Draenei: broken (who hopefully get the warlock class, since there's a Broken draenei warlock trainer in shattrath)

If you can think of any more feel free to add them, but seriously, if Blizzard does this I'll individually hug every employee at their office.
    You've already got two for dwarves, but I'm greedy and I really want to play as an Earthen.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

I don't expect them to be done with all the races of course... but I will be a little disappointed if they don't at least give us a peak! Maybe one race of each faction... just a few screenies will do! =]

I'm pretty sure the next expansion reveal will showcase at least 2 races (1 horde 1 alliance) with new models.

As for the equipment being remodeled, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I don't - I don't believe for a second that they're even properly working on them. It may be a side project for a few artists but the likelihood of us getting them ever is looking pretty slim.

The game will most likely go f2p before we even see them and knowing Blizzard, they'll charge extra for them on their cash shop.
    Blizzard never said they are working on them 24/7 and it is unrealistic to expect them to drop everything else and do nothing but update character models when we have new patches and expansions coming out as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? New gear looks have nothing to do with this and players have been bitching about how armor looks ever since the game was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

Knowing Blizzard they will charge extra for new character models?? You clearly do not know this company well. Blizzard has always been about high quality. As a game design corporation, they do not sacrifice quality to make a quick buck (See: Starcraft Ghost, which was reviewed as a fun game, but because it did not live up to Blizzard's standards of being amazing, the project was scrapped and all the money invested in it went down the drain).

Why do you think they are taking so long with these character models?? The blue posts have stated time and time again that they have to be extra cautious about revamped character models due to the plethora of different variables (such as people getting attached to their original character look/feel). They are really working hard at doing it right, which has always been their mantra.

Also, character models will not be an optional buy through a cash shop. As stated earlier, Blizzard is a company that strives for perfection, and are meticulous in the art they create. Revamped character models will be implemented for everyone (if this wasnt the case, and it WAS an option, then they wouldn't have brought up any issues of agonizing over the fact that some people are attached to their character's current look.)

Have more faith guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I just hope they go all out with it. They've mentioned possibly giving some races subraces several times before...
    No they haven't. Players have been creaming their collective role-playing pants about it for a while, but you, and I guarantee, will never see options for Blood Elves to be Fel Elves, Forsaken players as undead Elves, Draenei as Broken. You might see skin colour options for Dark Irons, Dragonmaw and Mag'Har, but considering Zaela's ultimate betrayal of the true values of the Horde, I wouldn't hold your breath for Dragonmaw.

@OP: They won't be upgrading any of the armor models. Look at the model for Garrosh, he's your template for male Orcs. All they're going to do is reskin the models with higher poly's, improve the quality of the animations (notably trolls and gnomes were added much later than the other Vanilla races and it shows), and improve the framerate of said animations. So you can see where a lot of the animation on Garrosh was cleaned up and made smoother, and some of the animation was modified a bit to be better (Dat sprint animation.) They also won't show them at Blizzcon, in my opinion, and even if they do, it'll be like: "Look, Dwarves! We'll have these out soon(tm)!" and then they won't come out with WoWx5 launch. It's clear that the devs and art team are in love with the idea of updating, and the bean counters are telling them to make more things that they can sell for more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
    As a game design corporation, they do not sacrifice quality to make a quick buck
    Pet Store.

Why do you think they are taking so long with these character models??
    Because they're not an investment that will bring them more money. Selling another pet, another expansion or vanity items are.

The blue posts have stated time and time again that they have to be extra cautious about revamped character models due to the plethora of different variables (such as people getting attached to their original character look/feel).
    I have some moon rock here I'd like to sell - would you be interested in buying some?

No one in the right mind wants to look at the original ten year old textures or the low polygon models. There have been so many posts, so many complaints, so many alternative works of art on various forums that you cannot believe the crap they're spewing - hell, people have been doing WAY better textures, WAY better models and armour on their spare time in a matter of DAYS.

"People are attached.." Jesus christ dude, come on.

Have more faith guy.
    Have you played PvP lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Dont rape a dead horse.Its only a week and few days left.

How am I raping a dead horse? By talking about the possibilities of armor that isn't painted onto my skin?

I'm always astounded when people mention Varian Wrynn or Jaina Proudmoore's model as a viable example when it comes to the new player models. Just compare Cataclysm Garrosh to Mists of Pandaria Garrosh. The difference is like the difference between night and day, and that was a model from one expansion ago. Jaina and Varian are from two expansions ago, so..

In my opinion, it's only Garrosh that counts as an example for the new player models altogether, because it has a new skeleton.

When it comes to texture and model (no skeleton/animations) quality, you could, I guess compile a list like this:

Vol'jin - Troll male
    Mar'li - Troll female
    Tyrande/Azshara - Night elf female (so-so)
    Illidan[past]/Malfurion/Fandral - Night elf male
    Deathwing human form - Human male

Yes, I think Deathwing's human model is a better example than Varian Wrynn, and Jaina is from WoTLK, so I feel it's too old to compare too. I'm even iffy on Tyrande and Azshara anyway.

Yaungol, I guess -- could be a slight example of new tauren.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to crush your hopes and dreams, but these are new models. Not a new graphics system.

What you won't get:

What you will get:
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)