10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yea. Screw G-sync,
    G-sync, yes. Dynamic refresh rates? No, this should've been implemented ages ago.
    I think i'm going to experiment with Shadowplay today aswell.

Is Shadowplay exclusive to people that own NVIDIA? Specifically, new pieces of hardware?

I'd like to test it out myself, but google isn't turning up much for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is Nvidia only since it uses the built in hardware H.264 video encoder found in GTX 650 and higher cards. That's kind of the point since you're able to use the gpu for the encoding making the impact on performance minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, so i bought my mom a Note 10.1 (2014). However, i'm having issues with video playback. Lots of codecs (video and audio) are not recognized. I'm not really a buff on apps, what app is great for audio/video codecs? Or maybe a different player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Hm, so i bought my mom a Note 10.1 (2014). However, i'm having issues with video playback. Lots of codecs (video and audio) are not recognized. I'm not really a buff on apps, what app is great for audio/video codecs? Or maybe a different player.
    Maybe try MX Player, it might have you install a different codec for it, it should tell you if you need to install anything separate.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

There is a VLC player app for Android that will play just about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    There is a VLC player app for Android that will play just about anything.
    Nice, this works

Ever since the GTX 780 launched, I've been annoyed by the throttling of my GTX 680 and, well, any Boost 1.0 card. It's stupid. I will have to hack the firmware now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you referring to the 1202mhz brickwall?

Well! More that it doesn't keep a steady boost, it's all over the place. I have reached 1202, of c, but no further.
    I hacked a friends' to get it to change his card to have Boost 2.0 limitations instead. Ran much better that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, and what you think changed this? I've not seen my 670 act any different.

Changed when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed when?
    Oh, you don't mean that your particular 680 is acting up, you mean Boost 1.0 in general? I misunderstood you there.
    Well, the only issue with mine is that it has a wall at 1202 baseclock. Any mhz over this value and it just wont run.

Yea, it wasn't really an issue to me before Boost 2.0, because hey, boost is a boost. But considering that the cards have Boost 2.0 availible to them if you just poke around a bit has me a bit frowny-faced.

I'm on a reference cooler, so mine plateaus at 1202 turbo, no matter the core clock.

Ever since the GTX 780 launched, I've been annoyed by the throttling of my GTX 680 and, well, any Boost 1.0 card. It's stupid. I will have to hack the firmware now.
    Flash your 680 to a 770?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I got a 1440p monitor, it looks pretty nice. I just can't seem to get the colors right. I got it overclocked to 108hz, no dead pixels.
    Which monitor if I may ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    But considering that the cards have Boost 2.0 availible to them if you just poke around a bit has me a bit frowny-faced.
    Well yeah but isnt that, plus the 7ghz memory bump, the only distinct difference between the 680 and 770?

As in "buy one please"- nvidia

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Flash your 680 to a 770?
    Yeah, that's what I intend, and what I did to my friends' card. Although a bit of a misnomer since you still can't SLI it with one.
    Well yeah but isnt that, plus the 7ghz memory bump, the only distinct difference between the 680 and 770?
    That and the lower price and better efficiency.

Oh well =)

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Flash your 680 to a 770?
    Reading this made me just realize that when powering on my computer, I no longer see my gpu bios flash by before moving on to the system bios. My gtx460 used to would show a screen of the year, make, and model. Was sort of annoying since it added more time to wait for the OS to load up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's honestly the first time I've heard of a GPU having it's own screen splash upon boot.

Imagine if every component had that. It'd feel like starting up a game for the first time and frantically spamming esc/enter to skip past all the splash intros only to find out THEY'RE UNSKIPPABLE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT :O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

My 9800GTX used to do that.