Deleted

5.4 Enhancement Shaman PVP

Hello guys

I have some basic questions about gemming and reforing.

what gemms should I use and what should I reforge?

greetz

Deleted
    Gems: Agi, Agi+PvPower, Agi+Mastery
    Reofrging: 3%hit = 3%exp > mastery > crit > haste
    I personally recommend double pvp dps trinkets + glyph of shamantic rage
    Here you can see it in action:

Glyph of Shamanistic rage is great vs Mages and Palas to get out from any magic stuns and roots but its a bit dengerous vs Affi and SP cos its triger now dispell protect mechanic

and btw , cool UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    and btw , cool UI
    Thank you very much mate!

That is a slick UI

One thing about reforges and gemming!

I've tried pretty much all variations this season with different choices in talents as well, and for me personally going all out mastery in gems and reforging 3% hit/3% exp and then mastery/haste has increased my dmg in arenas by a bunch. This is more like a personal pref and about the comp you are playing.
    Getting Haste to decent amount with very high Mastery works really well for comps where you have a high uptime, like Turbo with a HPala and Beastcleave with a HPala. Talent choice for me most of the time is AS/EB.

Only choice I really think didn't cut it was going all out Haste gems/reforges, but even that might work in Turbocleave, if you had Legendary meta/cape and one RPPM PvE trinket. And for me personally playing with the stats as I am, I switched my Tyrannical Legs for Tier 16 normal legs which give me a huge bump in both haste and mastery.

My opinion is that you should try as many variations as you can, and see which feels best for YOU, not just copy something from the highest Enhancement Shaman in the world.

Deleted
    Not related to gemming/reforging but still on the subject of 5.4 enh pvp, noticed this thread today, specifically this bit:

-Class balance is the worst ever. Today I met Enha/Warrior, which we outplayed them from 100-0. Warrior was CC'd, Enha was CC'd, warrior died. Enha was DR'd on all of our CC. He decided that he pops CD's, takes 70% off my hp in a global, I block. He waits the block and Stormblasts me to death. THAT IS ACTUALLY SO AMAZINGLY UNREAL HOW IT'S NOT NERFED YET. He pressed total of 3 buttons that game. Did he actually play better than me to deserve that win?
    Anyone else smell another nerf to our burst (pve and pvp) incoming?

I think enhance is fine where its at. If they get kited they aren't building maelstrom stacks and they will drop quick...

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Not related to gemming/reforging but still on the subject of 5.4 enh pvp, noticed this thread today, specifically this bit:

Anyone else smell another nerf to our burst (pve and pvp) incoming?
    Doubtful. For whatever reason, enhance has just never been a popularly played spec. So few use it in comparison to others, that most people never really notice how good they are and assume that they must suck.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I think enhance is fine where its at. If they get kited they aren't building maelstrom stacks and they will drop quick...
    Aren't enh the easiest melee to kite? If the easiest to kite melee is being kited, he drops quick.
    What's fine about that?

edit: If what you wanted to point out was that enha are not op, I agree. I dont get that ranting about enh burst either, wasn't it heavily nerfed?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-10-31 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Aren't enh the easiest melee to kite? If the easiest to kite melee is being kited, he drops quick.
    What's fine about that?

edit: If what you wanted to point out was that enha are not op, I agree. I dont get that ranting about enh burst either, wasn't it heavily nerfed?
    It can still kill people from 60-70% if everything crits.

Personally i really hate what enhance is, wait for the chance to pop everything and hope for the kill. On the other side, i'm having a blast on Timeless Isle, our server is high/locked one, so there is always LOT of people around, and i just killing so much of them already. In an 1v1 with full pve gear (2part pvp + pvp medalion) i can throw out some serious dps to anyone. And then all them warriors use their one button macro, and i just hex them.

Thanks god noone of them did dailys during TBC and learned the lesson to always have pvp trinket on

TLDR, in 1v1, 1v2 enhance is in a fine spot. When it comes to Arenas, we are avarage/below avarage, the problem comes from the fact that warriors are so much better, so who would play with enhance, when you could play with a warrior
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Personally i really hate what enhance is, wait for the chance to pop everything and hope for the kill. On the other side, i'm having a blast on Timeless Isle, our server is high/locked one, so there is always LOT of people around, and i just killing so much of them already. In an 1v1 with full pve gear (2part pvp + pvp medalion) i can throw out some serious dps to anyone. And then all them warriors use their one button macro, and i just hex them.

Thanks god noone of them did dailys during TBC and learned the lesson to always have pvp trinket on

TLDR, in 1v1, 1v2 enhance is in a fine spot. When it comes to Arenas, we are avarage/below avarage, the problem comes from the fact that warriors are so much better, so who would play with enhance, when you could play with a warrior
    We're in a similar spot arms was in during wotlk, where everything was riding on bladestorm. BS was obviously OP, but if you nerfed it, you destroyed warriors. The problem with enh is that in those few nieches they really excelled at, they were nerfed horribly (offensive dispell, ranged interrupt, fear/desease hard-counter etc.).
    Meanwhile, enh was sub-par in many other areas, and stayed that way.

- Enh is worse than other melees in terms of gap closing => easier to kite
    - It requires uptime for msw => selfheal
    - Totems are still worst utility
    - CC comes down to hex, which is among the weakest CCs, and bind, which only works on mage pets.

Before MoP, that simply meant enh overall was performing meh. Now it means we rely on all those dps cooldowns we were suddenly stacked with.
    Enh really needs to see a patch dedicated to homogenising those weaknesses a little.

We need pallies to compete with others in terms of mobility, we rely on others' better cc, there's others who can burst as good (or better) than us, and if someone really wants to piss us off, all he has to do is dilligently stomp all our totems.

I really loled at this mage whining about melees, except warriors/rogues of all classes. If anything, this game has never been more in favour for casters as now, when casting while moving is a thing and interrupts got their cooldowns increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.