Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yes when the subs come out and their disastrously low to the point of being comical you will have lost. Actually even then you won't give a fuck because you'll use the stupid forum trick of oh i don't care about subs I have fun anyway.
    Lost what exactly? All I said was I've seen people resub for SoO. I know for a fact(ish) that subs will be lower again. It's expected.
    And truth be told I don't care about subs. Well, that's not completely true. The way I see it, now that WoW has lost subs, it has made Blizzard change directions in their company; IE scrap Titan and spread out it's devs. Which I think most of them went over to WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The conference call is on 11/6, so it's coming up soon.

What I love is that no matter what the number, it confirms everything everyone believes.

Love the game? Numbers confirm it.
    Hate the game? Numbers confirm it.

Love a feature? Numbers confirm it.
    Hate a feature? Numbers confirm it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    The conference call is on 11/6, so it's coming up soon.

What I love is that no matter what the number, it confirms everything everyone believes.

Love the game? Numbers confirm it.
    Hate the game? Numbers confirm it.

Love a feature? Numbers confirm it.
    Hate a feature? Numbers confirm it.
    The only thing sub losses confirm is that interest in the game is dying off. Less players means they are obviously not fooled anymore by blizzards terrible game design, and have moved on to brighter pastures.

Having said that, I would love to see the game thrive again, and I only believe the way they can do that is bring back some nostalgic essence of how the game used to be. Millions would resub if they made some changes, but as we all know, once you give the masses something, its hard to take it away without repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    If more players quit then that's good.

Chances are they are casual and that means less crappy players to have an unfortunate experience by playing this game together with them in LFD or LFR.
    You know, no offence to you, but a statement like that sounds arrogant and... ...not so polite.
    Could even think that you, yourself are not that experienced, could be wrong, but attacking at the co-players does not give a mature expression of you.

Peace and long life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The only thing sub losses confirm is that interest in the game is dying off. Less players means they are obviously not fooled anymore by blizzards terrible game design, and have moved on to brighter pastures.
    There are other reasons people unsub besides "terrible game design." Money issues. Found another game to play. Stopped gaming altogether. Got banned. Game is old and you want something new and different. Death. 1000s of other things.

Subs losses are not as black and white as you see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greater than a million, expansion winding down with no sign of the next patch/expansion in sight...blizzcon will boost it up a bit then it will fall again until the next expansion where it will rise to 10+mill then slowly drop by 1-2 mill before the first patch of the next expansion hits...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Greater than a million, expansion winding down with no sign of the next patch/expansion in sight...blizzcon will boost it up a bit then it will fall again until the next expansion where it will rise to 10+mill then slowly drop by 1-2 mill before the first patch of the next expansion hits...
    I don't see how blizzcon announcing stuff will make players want to play the current game. Players would just come back once the new expansion ships if anything.

I think if it falls, blizzard needs to stop using the "players tend to resub more when new patches come out" argument. Does anyone actually do that...?

My prediction though is that it's going to decline, 300k probably?

I don't see how blizzcon announcing stuff will make players want to play the current game. Players would just come back once the new expansion ships if anything.
    Agreed. With the RoS announcements and the follow-up data mining leaks for the D3 expansion, I can say it's intriguing and I have a level of interest in it. But that doesn't make me want to go play the pile of excrement that is the current game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Agreed. With the RoS announcements and the follow-up data mining leaks for the D3 expansion, I can say it's intriguing and I have a level of interest in it. But that doesn't make me want to go play the pile of excrement that is the current game.
    When was the last time you played it? Its actually a lot better, and I still find fun playing it. The game has always been about finding loot and killing monsters, and thats exactly what it is now. Its not an MMO that receives constant content updates.

When was the last time you played it? Its actually a lot better, and I still find fun playing it. The game has always been about finding loot and killing monsters, and thats exactly what it is now. Its not an MMO that receives constant content updates.
    http://i.imgur.com/K2P1iXU.gif

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-11-01 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I don't get the Diablo hate. I had a good time playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Actually I don't get the Diablo hate. I had a good time playing it.
    Mostly, it was people expecting something that was more like Diablo2 and less like Gauntlet. D3 made one hell of a gauntlet game. Without gear choices, talent trees, ability boosting gear, usable skill variety, a compelling well written story, a smooth difficulty progression, randomly generated maps, or something new to the series; it felt like less of a game than it should have.

I could have seen standing around an arcade machine playing it with my friends for a couple bucks worth of deaths, but it didn't really seem like something I wanted to put hours and hours into.

However! The game sold really well and some people like it, so it's not like it was a failure. Also, it didn't depart as far from it's base gameplay as the new Dungeon Siege game did, so it's not like it did nothing that old players would have wanted; just not much.

My prediction is that the loss will be anywhere between a million and two million, if not 2 million exactly. And no, I don't believe for one instant that "it's all in china". Anyone who thinks every loss is a chinese loss, is only fooling themselves and believing the outright lies Blizzard feeds their players to keep them from panicking. They've been having to do a lot of connected servers of late. And there's a reason for that. Server communities are dying.

And the reason server communities are dying is because people are getting tired of Blizzard's poor design decisions. And I highly doubt the game will be getting an expansion announcement at Blizzcon. I think the "what's next?" panel, will be discussing these subscription dropoffs, and rather than have physical expansions, they will start doing everything digitally as they implement free to play, in hopes that they can make up losses. There's a pattern already developing showing that they are going to flip the free to play switch. There's now an in game store. Past Blizzcons when they had an expansion to announce, the scheduling would read something along the lines of "Next World of Warcraft Expansion Announcement". But this time, it is "World of Warcraft: What's Next?".

If anything look forward to a few more timeless isle style content patches. Look forward to even more servers dying and being put on the connected realms list. On this current track of subscription losses, the game wont survive to see 2015. I am predicting by summer 2014 the subscription drop offs will be so great that they finally announce the closing of the game.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I assume 350-400k (even if I did vote for 500-1m)

10+ Year Old Account
    at this point, given western 5.4 timing (no idea on china's 5.4 timing), would say around 250-500k loss.

q4, of course, I would expect to be worse than q3, whatever it ends up being.

I do think that unless blizzard finds a way to get out of this McContent quick-bites content quick-consumption design philosophy, they are going to have a hard time keeping folks engaged in any expansion after initial spike. For the record, I am not at all sure they CAN get out of McContent-type design. The crowd is used to it now. Pandora's box is open, but I just don't see how having almost anyone who cares to try beat the big baddie on the patch splash screen within a few weeks of release (and that only gated by LFR gating) works as a viable content longevity model.

I know, I know, 'but did you beat it on heroic?' I suspect many players roll their eyes as much as I do when I read that question. Did I beat d2 on hell difficulty? well no, but I saw the diablo and baal fights enough to be satisfied that I did see the game, just not on the extra-super-hard setting.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2013-11-01 at 07:01 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Past Blizzcons when they had an expansion to announce, the scheduling would read something along the lines of "Next World of Warcraft Expansion Announcement". But this time, it is "World of Warcraft: What's Next?"
    Actually, they had rather vague names like "World of Warcraft Preview Panel" (2009, Cata announced) and "World of Warcraft Preview" (2011, MoP announced). "What's Next" sounds just as likely to be an expansion reveal as "Preview".

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    My prediction is that the loss will be anywhere between a million and two million, if not 2 million exactly. And no, I don't believe for one instant that "it's all in china". Anyone who thinks every loss is a chinese loss, is only fooling themselves and believing the outright lies Blizzard feeds their players to keep them from panicking. They've been having to do a lot of connected servers of late. And there's a reason for that. Server communities are dying.

And the reason server communities are dying is because people are getting tired of Blizzard's poor design decisions. And I highly doubt the game will be getting an expansion announcement at Blizzcon. I think the "what's next?" panel, will be discussing these subscription dropoffs, and rather than have physical expansions, they will start doing everything digitally as they implement free to play, in hopes that they can make up losses. There's a pattern already developing showing that they are going to flip the free to play switch. There's now an in game store. Past Blizzcons when they had an expansion to announce, the scheduling would read something along the lines of "Next World of Warcraft Expansion Announcement". But this time, it is "World of Warcraft: What's Next?".

If anything look forward to a few more timeless isle style content patches. Look forward to even more servers dying and being put on the connected realms list. On this current track of subscription losses, the game wont survive to see 2015. I am predicting by summer 2014 the subscription drop offs will be so great that they finally announce the closing of the game.
    O.o you realize they've already said there's another expansion right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it going one of two ways.

If the expansion is well received: Under 500k gone.
    If the expansion is not well received: Over 600k gone.

Blizzard's state of decay really rests with this coming expansion; and the new (if any) features they plan to add/alter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Having said that, I would love to see the game thrive again, and I only believe the way they can do that is bring back some nostalgic essence of how the game used to be. Millions would resub if they made some changes, but as we all know, once you give the masses something, its hard to take it away without repercussions.
    MMO-Champs has given us you, I doubt any repercussions if they took you away. Besides the weekly locked account of course.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."