Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    What I don't understand anymore however is that they still have people rolling them because they are seriously written as retarded children with ADD who fights everything at all times and have no other dimension of thinking in their entire culture.
    Yeah, I wonder why people would identify themselves with something like that...

I find the quests ... hmm .. offensive. There used to be a long chain of quests to get a sprite dancer pet for Alliance, starting out with freeing sprite dancers from cages. The equivalent quest for horde, kill them for skins for a cloak. That for me sums up the difference. I have a lvl 87 troll who I race/faction changed for the achievement of both factions to 90, then she will be dwarf again.

Deleted
    Actually I would've preferred playing horde back when I was still active. But my friends are all alliance - and I started playing WoW only because of them so ... yeah.

I got Horde twinks that I used to play, when I wanted some alone-time tho. I liked to see both sides of the lore. I never disliked either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I find the quests ... hmm .. offensive. There used to be a long chain of quests to get a sprite dancer pet for Alliance, starting out with freeing sprite dancers from cages. The equivalent quest for horde, kill them for skins for a cloak. That for me sums up the difference. I have a lvl 87 troll who I race/faction changed for the achievement of both factions to 90, then she will be dwarf again.
    So you're wasting 50 bucks on an achievement but you find that skinning pixels is offensive? Right.

Essentially, it's because the Horde's factions are mostly butt-ugly. In addition of most of them having hunched back for no reason, Orcs frankly look like they are literally retarded, Blood Elves are super scrawny, trolls are scrawny and SUPER hunched backs and have pretty ugly and tiny faces, pandas are pandas and goblins are just meh overall. Tauren and undead are the best looking and they still have issues.

To top all that off, the Orgrimmar music theme kind of annoys me.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried several of them out, specifically orc, tauren, forsaken and blood elf. I only managed to get the blood elf to level cap (in BC), and haven't played a horde toon since then.

- I found many of the quests offensive, in particular the undead <20 quests (this was pre-Cata, I have no idea if it's any less offensive now).
    - Horde (in lore) make all kinds of noise about honor, but have no idea what the word actually means. And they have a paranoia/persecution complex fifty miles wide.
    - The character models are flat out ugly, and most armor is completely unattractive on them.
    - Alliance gen/trade can be juvenile at times, but Horde gen/trade is four times worse.
    - Other than repurposed Human settlements and Silvermoon, I find the architecture of the Horde cities pretty darn fugly. Orgrimmar is like a dirt mound. It reminds me of nothing so much as a wasp's nest built out of red clay smashed onto the side of a cliff.

I keep telling myself I should go level that 70 belf to 90 for the dual achieve, but I haven't been able to force myself to get it done.

Deleted
    i do, the only alliance faction i like is dwarf, because dwarfs are awesome

Deleted
    I play both - seem to be more pve guilds to join on alliance, but I prefer horde. I raid alliance, but my favourite characters are all my horde ones.

I actually started as Horde because I just did the "suggest a realm" button on my character creation, but once I got my Tauren warrior to like level 15, I found out that a couple of my real life friends were playing Alliance on another server. So I abandoned my Tauren warrior and rolled a Dwarf warrior over on their server. I just wanted to play with my friends. My "faction loyalty" is based on what my friends were playing.

I have no particular problem with Horde though. I have occasionally played on another server as Horde. But my main will probably always be Alliance.

Deleted
    I'd love to play horde. I don't because my guild is Alliance.

1. In general I think the horde races are just too ugly.
    2. The Alliance races are more diverse in culture and appearance.
    3. My main char is a Night elf druid. Taurens are ugly and troll and druid just doesn't go well together.
    4. My guild and everyone I know in WoW are Alliance.
    5. Dwarfs rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    because alliance have goldshire :*( When i'm bored there is nothing better than sitting down in goldshire watching 2 fat dwarfs argue for 10min to cheer me up >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    So what? If you make a program than can only add 2 and 2 you can change it latter to add any numbers and brag that "you added a new option, it wasn't possible before!" the only reaction you'd get is laugh. That is to say that it is piss easy to change char's faction internally. Also opposite faction limit was only active on PvP realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    And so, what? Be grateful that the option exists even though the service cost is obscene? So we should be praising Blizzard for trying to rip people off? God forbid a company provide a good service at a reasonable price and not charge out the ass for a few mouse clicks.

I mean...lol poor jokez so funneeee.
    Price has nothing to do with the fact if it is easy to execute or not, especially when you have a monopoly of the service.
    As a company Blizzard's purpose is to make money, if you call that "ripping people off" go ahead. I guess 30 bucks is not much for everybody (I think it's perfectly fine for a faction change) People are definitely using the service or it would have been lowered. I can reword the "poor jokez" ; If 30 bucks is too much for you, you are free to level a new character from scratch.
    Considering that a) you are never forced to faction change to continue playing and b) if you for some reason feel the need to faction change and don't have 30 bucks for it, you can level a character from your opposite faction.

I'm sure this is like explaining it to a wall, for it seems " lol omg blizz so greedy" is engraved in your brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Horde races for the class I play look like shit (xmog on belf and tauren all looks terrible).
    belf > nelf

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause a troll is warchief

Before it was 'cause most of my friends were alliance, including the one who introduced me to the game. I'm now leveling my first Horde character, though.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I started playing in December, 2004, all of my friends were alliance. We've all taken breaks (some have quit permanently), but I've really always been and simply preferred alliance because it's where I began. There was a short time I faction transferred to horde, but the Blood Elf craziness didn't work for me and I went back to Dwarf. Plus, Dwarves are the best race in the game.

I'd likely play horde again if I had someone to play with, but only as a Goblin. Little bastards are pretty funny.

no interesting shaman race, used to be an UD warlock though

The horde has no Dwarves.

/thread
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh Hellscream killed the Horde for me.

Now Sylvanas has taken over his mantle.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)