Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This came across my mind;
    "Warlords of draenor" + "Nobody has seen Tyralyon or Alleria in years." loading screen hint = \o/

And if someone doesnt know, tyralyon and alleria got lost during Alliance Expedition at Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    This came across my mind;
    "Warlords of draenor" + "Nobody has seen Tyralyon or Alleria in years." loading screen hint = \o/

And if someone doesnt know, tyralyon and alleria got lost during Alliance Expedition at Draenor.
    They went through a portal into another world. They're not on Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    this came across my mind;
    "warlords of draenor" + "nobody has seen tyralyon or alleria in years." loading screen hint = \o/

and if someone doesnt know, tyralyon and alleria got lost during alliance expedition at draenor.
    stop the press!!

Warlords of Draenor trademark now shows up on Australian TM database. Status: Indexing Approved.

^ For those too lazy to look it up themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Warlords of Draenor trademark now shows up on Australian TM database. Status: Indexing Approved.

^ For those too lazy to look it up themselves.
    I don't really know what that means, but I'm excited! Can anyone explain what "indexing approved" would indicate?

EDIT: Found this after a little digging -

"The application is currently at a status of ‘Indexing Approved’, which simply means it has been added to the database. The next step from here, is for the examination to be undertaken, before being accepted and published for the opposition period of three months."
    Last edited by NiceJazzhands; 2013-11-01 at 06:34 PM.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

I'm getting worried that it may be real at this stage, but we have no way to know until BlizzCon, as the registration process on the New Zealand database takes ~2 weeks.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geheimnis View Post
    Thanks to a very loose-lipped bunch of employees in the Versailles office I can confirm 100% that:

• The upcoming expansion is called Warlords of Draenor and will feature Grom as the antagonist, although for legal issues he will be refered to as Grommash. This expansion will see the heavy use of time travel.
    • Reforging is changing, soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance.
    • The upcoming Blizzcon secret gift is an Elite Tauren Chieftan Hearthstone gift card.
    • The Dark Below has been registered for 'Titan', not World of Warcraft as is the rumor.

A big thank you for this information goes out to:
    I really hope this is fake. This sounds flaccid and dull.

PS "Grom" is also the name of a social network for kids. Whence the legal issue.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    I don't really know what that means, but I'm excited! Can anyone explain what "indexing approved" would indicate?
    Indexing Approved means that it has been added to the database but is not yet under examination.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm getting worried that it may be real at this stage, but we have no way to know until BlizzCon, as the registration process on the New Zealand database takes ~2 weeks.
    I've been finding nothing but corroborating evidence for this OP for the last 24 hours. I'm sorry. It's real. I'm ready to call it with absolute certainty at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going off what I read here in the forum, I tried searching the European database and it's either not showing up for me or it isn't actually there. I really hope this this is another TDB case. The fact that AJ Park is it's applicant does concern me. The Dark Below had a different applicant and had far less credibility than this does.

It means its been approved to be looked at, but hasn't been reviewed by a trademark examiner yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbaff View Post
    I was going off what I read here in the forum, I tried searching the European database and it's either not showing up for me or it isn't actually there. I really hope this this is another TDB case. The fact that AJ Park is it's applicant does concern me. The Dark Below had a different applicant and had far less credibility than this does.
    It isn't on the European, United States or Canadian trademark databases yet. Only in New Zealand and now Australia.

AJ Park is the same applicant in New Zealand as Heroes of the Storm.

http://i.imgur.com/p5vCKf8.png

Deleted
    If this is so, it's amazingly shallow.
    They do it so as to be unencumbered by real decisions: how to truly advance the game and provide new story lines etc. Instead, they turn to this cheap model that provides qualified excuses to reuse content.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't on the European, United States or Canadian trademark databases yet. Only in New Zealand and now Australia.

That's terrifying. I'm almost certain this is real. When I saw that yesterday, I was pretty convinced. No one has pointed out that the OP of this thread may have made this account to keep his identity safe from leaking something that Blizzard almost kept completely tight lipped this time around. Hell, it could have even been a blizzard employee who was told to do so, to receive feedback prior to Blizzcon. Unless they do something awesome with the concept of this expansion, it sounds really dull to me. Hopefully the increase in team size means that we will only be in this expac for a year max.

http://i.imgur.com/p5vCKf8.png
    Canada updates it's database just after midnight wednesday mornings. So you won't find it there if it was filed November 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by TESS (United States)
    Update Information: TESS was last updated on Fri Nov 1 03:20:34 EDT 2013
    So if it was filed today, it won't be on there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EU Page
    Last updated on: 30/10/2013
    So there you go.

Anything filed after breakfast on November 1st won't show up on US, Canada, or EU searches.

EDIT: Found this after a little digging -

"The application is currently at a status of ‘Indexing Approved’, which simply means it has been added to the database. The next step from here, is for the examination to be undertaken, before being accepted and published for the opposition period of three months."
    No this means that soon the trolling wow community will cause some major changes to the process trademarks are acquired, because soon all those databases will be fed up with people trademarking random shit in blizzards name :P.

Edit: For the slight chance this shit really turns into reality: Metzen, I'm no fan of you, but a time travel expansion is even below you :/.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-11-01 at 06:45 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I GET WHY IT IS LEGAL ISSUES OVER GROM.

because Poland.

Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno-Manewrowego

GROM is the name of their anti-terrorist group.

yes, this was intended as a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    If this is so, it's amazingly shallow.
    They do it so as to be unencumbered by real decisions: how to truly advance the game and provide new story lines etc. Instead, they turn to this cheap model that provides qualified excuses to reuse content.
    How would going to a planet we've never been to before be reusing content?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    How would going to a planet we've never been to before be reusing content?
    Nowhere did the first post say anything about going to Draenor. It did mention time travel however.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I've been finding nothing but corroborating evidence for this OP for the last 24 hours. I'm sorry. It's real. I'm ready to call it with absolute certainty at this point.
    If it's just in the submission stage, it can easily still just be another TDB.

I don't know why people would be so worried about this when we don't even know the details about this potential expansion theme. A lot of it is the same "omg an entire underwater expansion" lol-fest we had with TDB. That was funny.