Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Race/Class Combo Unlocks in Warlords of Draenor Expansion

I am completely in favor of this happening. It has been 9 years, and the time has come to unlock these combos and allow us, as players, to choose our race/class based on our personal aesthetics rather than be pigenholed into a set combo for the sake of lore, which, by the way, is already being stretched pretty damn thin. We are in for some BIG changes in this next expansion, and some QoL items like this should be included.

Deleted
    InB4 incoming Darsithis close.

Just kidding, this topic is different.

I dunno, do we need more?

Deleted
    i think there are already too many race+clas combinations avaible

If anybody suggests 'Draenei Warlocks' I'm going to cry.

Draenei warlocks would be awesome, but meta form would have to turn you into jaraxxus.

No.

Why?

Because Lore says Paladins and undead dot mix, gnomes don't do nature related anything and goblin worsen starting zones have time canon events

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No.

Why?

Because Lore says Paladins and undead dot mix, gnomes don't do nature related anything and goblin worsen starting zones have time canon events

Deal with it.
    ^ Exactly what this guy is saying.

Lore doesn't approve gnome druid(sorry guys, no little animals), and many other class/race combinations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Draenei warlocks would be awesome, but meta form would have to turn you into jaraxxus.
    You do realize you just made CosmicGuitars guy cry?

10+ Year Old Account
    See if they can use the time they have with the revamps of the aesthetics on characters to give them excuses to learn new skill sets.

I just... can't imagine a forsaken paladin though, I mean... it's like being a vegetarian butcher. How do you even.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    I have no problem with this, providing each new race/class combo has a good explanation. There are some which don't really fit, but there's no reason they can't exist (e.g Human Druids.). Others are harder to justify due to cultural reasons (e.g Draenei Warlocks) but explanations could still be found (e.g Fight fire with fire in the vein of DHs). So to speculate for the Alliance:

Humans:
    > Druids: We already have Gilnean druids who apparently took up pagan-esque practices after separating from the rest of the Alliance. Human Druids could be non-worgified Gilneans who took up the art.
    > Shaman: A natural result of close contact with the Dwarves, especially the Wildhammer.

Dwarves:
    >Druids: The Wildhammer Dwarves are already close with nature, so Druids aren't a huge stretch.

Gnome:
    >Paladin. We already have Gnome priests worshiping the Holy Light, Paladins aren't a stretch.
    >Druid/Shaman: Initially very weird seeming indeed, but they already have close proximity to Shamans (and with Wildhammer Druids, druids as well). They're also curious and inquisitive, so moving onto nature magic makes some degree of sense.

Night Elf:
    >Paladin: Could be nicely explained as a subset of Priestesses of the Moon, who are in-lore far more martial than the Priest class.
    >Warlock: Should we ever get DHs, Warlocks could also be justified with fight-fire-with-fire methods.
    >Shaman: Not a huge stretch given the Nelf's connection with nature.

Draenei:
    >Warlocks: Same as Nelfs.
    >Rogues: They're big, but that doesn't mean they can't be sneaky. We already have a Draenei SI:7 Agent in Pandaria. They could wrap their hooves in felt.
    > Druid: Close proximity to the Nelfs makes this a logical next step.

Worgen:
    >Monks: The same explanation for all the other races: retcon a Pandaren Monk into Gilneas.
    > Shaman: No real reason, but there's no reason why not either. The explanations used for humans could easily apply.
    >Paladins: Gilneas was cut off from the outside world prior to the formation of the Silver Hand, explaining the lack of Worgen Paladins. But they still worship the Light, so now they've reunited with the Alliance there's no reason why Worgen Paladins can't exist.

Pandaren:
    >DKs: There have supposedly always been the odd Pandaren adventurer wandering around Azeroth like Chen. Some could have been killed and risen as DKs.
    >Warlocks: A hard one. It would be a bit lazy to use the "fight fire with fire" excuse for all new Warlocks, but it could work. Or an extremist group of Panda's who believe that there's too much light, and that to achieve balance there must be a bit more darkness.
    >Druids: Would have made sense to begin with imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin paladins.

yeap, let them charge their services while ride a charger.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not in favor at all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No.

Why?

Deal with it.
    There are Undead Paladin's such as Sir Zeliek.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sir_Zeliek

Check here. Ive had this conversation before. And it's changed my mind.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I have no problem with this, providing each new race/class combo has a good explanation. There are some which don't really fit, but there's no reason they can't exist (e.g Human Druids.). Others are harder to justify due to cultural reasons (e.g Draenei Warlocks) but explanations could still be found (e.g Fight fire with fire in the vein of DHs). So to speculate for the Alliance:

Humans:
    > Druids: We already have Gilnean druids who apparently took up pagan-esque practices after separating from the rest of the Alliance. Human Druids could be non-worgified Gilneans who took up the art.
    > Shaman: A natural result of close contact with the Dwarves, especially the Wildhammer.

Dwarves:
    >Druids: The Wildhammer Dwarves are already close with nature, so Druids aren't a huge stretch.

Gnome:
    >Paladin. We already have Gnome priests worshiping the Holy Light, Paladins aren't a stretch.
    >Druid/Shaman: Initially very weird seeming indeed, but they already have close proximity to Shamans (and with Wildhammer Druids, druids as well). They're also curious and inquisitive, so moving onto nature magic makes some degree of sense.

Night Elf:
    >Paladin: Could be nicely explained as a subset of Priestesses of the Moon, who are in-lore far more martial than the Priest class.
    >Warlock: Should we ever get DHs, Warlocks could also be justified with fight-fire-with-fire methods.
    >Shaman: Not a huge stretch given the Nelf's connection with nature.

Draenei:
    >Warlocks: Same as Nelfs.
    >Rogues: They're big, but that doesn't mean they can't be sneaky. We already have a Draenei SI:7 Agent in Pandaria. They could wrap their hooves in felt.
    > Druid: Close proximity to the Nelfs makes this a logical next step.

Worgen:
    >Monks: The same explanation for all the other races: retcon a Pandaren Monk into Gilneas.
    > Shaman: No real reason, but there's no reason why not either. The explanations used for humans could easily apply.
    >Paladins: Gilneas was cut off from the outside world prior to the formation of the Silver Hand, explaining the lack of Worgen Paladins. But they still worship the Light, so now they've reunited with the Alliance there's no reason why Worgen Paladins can't exist.

Pandaren:
    >DKs: There have supposedly always been the odd Pandaren adventurer wandering around Azeroth like Chen. Some could have been killed and risen as DKs.
    >Warlocks: A hard one. It would be a bit lazy to use the "fight fire with fire" excuse for all new Warlocks, but it could work. Or an extremist group of Panda's who believe that there's too much light, and that to achieve balance there must be a bit more darkness.
    >Druids: Would have made sense to begin with imo.
    There may not be DK's anymore if we go back and change the time line. The Lich King may not ever come to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    They're generally seen as too few in number, like BElf Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They're generally seen as too few in number, like BElf Druids.
    But they're still there. Which makes them fit into lore. Which makes them a possibility as a race/class combo.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    There may not be DK's anymore if we go back and change the time line. The Lich King may not ever come to pass.
    They're not going to get rid of an entire class. Regardless of what time travel stuff happens the classes, races and factions will remain the same.

Deleted
    I want to be a Human Horde Warrior. Its been 9 years, surely there would have been some deserters and people changing sides by now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    But they're still there. Which makes them fit into lore. Which makes them a possibility as a race/class combo.
    Tell you what, if Undead get to be Paladins than I want BElf Druid and Pandaren Druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    I want to be a Human Horde Warrior. Its been 9 years, surely there would have been some deserters and people changing sides by now!
    Heh, not for the last 4 years where Garrosh would have had them impaled outside Orgrimmar on the spot.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    After the horrific events of Mists, now would be an easy opportunity to allow 1 time faction deserting or something similar. Especially Horde deserters saying "eff this place holy fk".

I highly doubt Blizzard would do that though.
    red panda red panda red panda!