Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's very, very unlikely that we'll see new races this expansion IMO.
    I thought they said they had seperate artists to rework the original models and another set to work on new races?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ogre is inevitable at this point for the Horde.

I'm assuming it'll be Arrakoa for the Alliance just because High Elf cannot have a fancy new model if they're THE SAME AS BLOOD ELVES IN LORE.
    New Races? Why bother?
    Draenei added to Horde side.
    Blood Elves added to Alliance side as High Elves.

=|
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I never understood why people wanted High Elves? I mean, aren't they just Blood Elves but with blue eyes?

I wouldn't mind Satyr being playable, but something tells me we wont be seeing demonic races in WoW for some time. (By demonic, I mean things like Satyr, succubi, eredar ect)
    Alliance won't get a demonic race. They are automatically KoS with the alliance and always will be. Even if they pull a DK.

As for High Elves, I could understand it if Blood Elves went neutral that you'd refer to the Alliance sect as "High Elf Reformists" or something, but not as a stand-alone race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    New Races? Why bother?
    Draenei added to Horde side.
    Blood Elves added to Alliance side as High Elves.

=|
    Dwarf. Dark Irons betray the others in a bid to take over Ironforge again, and get tossed out.

So they go to the Horde for help.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Alliance are getting brown orcs and Horde are getting Draenei lol.

If you think about it back around the time we are supposedly going back those were the two most active races on draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to believe Blizz is so lazy as to think revamped content is the same as new content.

So there will be at least 1 new race or class.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ogre for horde.
    Arakkoa for alliance.
    this is actually the most likely choice.

turalyon and allerias band of alliance soldiers allied with the arrakoa on draenor to combat the orcs so arrakoa would make sense for an expansion based around that time, and ogres were from outland.

ethereal wouldnt make much sense considering they werent on outland back then.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Alliance are getting brown orcs and Horde are getting Draenei lol.

If you think about it back around the time we are supposedly going back those were the two most active races on draenor.
    We aren't going back in time. It'll be Cataclysm-Outland. 60-70 gets revamped, and a new landmass is discovered for 90-??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this is actually the most likely choice.

turalyon and allerias band of alliance soldiers allied with the arrakoa on draenor to combat the orcs so arrakoa would make sense for an expansion based around that time, and ogres were from outland.

ethereal wouldnt make much sense considering they werent on outland back then.
    Wait, did that really happen?

Also, it's not time travel!

Ogres is a no-brainer. They can't have an expansion all about Draenor, and then ignore one of the most important inhabitants. That'd be like not adding Draeneis in TBC, not adding DKs in WotLK, not adding Monks in MoP. Ogres are only behind Orcs and Draeneis on Draenor, and they have been considered before and are widely requested, it's their time now.

As for Alliance, this one is always a bit trickier. Arakkoas could work, I mean, they are little different from the Worgens pre-Cata, though of course they did have Alliance roots. Ethereals would only really get in because of big fan demand, but I'm sure they can tie them in somehow, in fact I'm sure they can tie nearly every race in as a playable Alliance race if they really want it. Then there's of course High Elves, which could be an obvious choice given Alleria will likely play a big role in this expansion, but Blizzard could potentially opt for something a little more unique and fresh instead of another Elf race.

I do think that we ARE getting new races. Given how slow work on the new race models are proceeding, it's obvious that they aren't putting all of their modellers on the project, but it's being handled more like a side-project. I'm sure they're focusing primarily on races instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ogre for the Horde.
    High Elves for the Alliance.
    I really hope this will happen some day. I hate how they gave the horde "our" elves.

Also, I don't want to see Arakkoas playable. I strongly doubt the majority are interested, just like with Naga I think it's just a very loud minority that screams for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ogre for horde.
    Arakkoa for alliance.
    arakkoa? fucking bird people, you kiddin'? and horde gets awesome ogres? no way, faction imbalance is bad enough as is.

ethereals for alliance if horde gets ogres.

Alliance won't get a demonic race. They are automatically KoS with the alliance and always will be. Even if they pull a DK
    theres a satyr in ashenvale who is allowed back in and after sacrificing himself to save a little girl gets turned back into a night elf. other satyr follow this ones lead and attempt to redeem themselves.

boom playable satyr race explanation.

pretty easy actually
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Like pandas I say ethereals for both and you can choose which side you choose to help.
    Just because they werent there before doesnt mean going back in time (or cross traveling or w/e happens) they cant just come along and introduce themselves before outland is destroyed. And I hop they add a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres a satyr in ashenvale who is allowed back in and after sacrificing himself to save a little girl gets turned back into a night elf. other satyr follow this ones lead and attempt to redeem themselves.

boom playable satyr race explanation.

pretty easy actually
    "turned back into a night elf."

*buzzer noise* Try again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf. Dark Irons betray the others in a bid to take over Ironforge again, and get tossed out.

So they go to the Horde for help.
    Eh, after the build-up they got in 5.3 and 5.4, I don't think so. Moira proved their loyalty to the Alliance (after all, neither the Wildhammer or the Ironforge were willing to leave the Drak Iron unwatched, so they wouldn't battle the trolls in Dun Morogh - so Moira said 'screw y'all, we'll do it, you paranoid asses').

Though I see them more relying on existing races in a way then trying to add in entirely new races. Though they need another neutral race where you choose which side to go - Pandas look so lonely in the middle.

Also, not picking on your posts in particular - you just always have the good posts that put ideas into my head.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

We aren't going back in time. It'll be Cataclysm-Outland. 60-70 gets revamped, and a new landmass is discovered for 90-??

You know just as little as we other people, you just choose to ignore the leaks. The leaks were posted 2 days ago, which means before the trademark, it's unignorable.

Ogre for the horde (better have a Gronn faction leader and a two headed option)
    Broken for the alliance (Akama is rad, and they are different enough from Draenei I think)

however. I really don't think there will be new playable races.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, the arrakoa were also decimated along with the draenei when the orcs became under the demon blood so they hate the orcs more than anything, turalyon and alleria captured an arrakoa spying on them and when they told him they were there to fight the orcs they all teamed up.

also all the arrakoa who are good are now allies with the alliance and the naaru and follow the light so they could even bring them in during present time if they need to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ogre for the Horde.
    High Elves for the Alliance.
    It's got to be this surely. I'm willing to bet we will see Alleria show up in this expansion (this is probably where Alleria and Turalyon went missing to and bring her High elves into the alliance. Ogres make sense and could easily be tied in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conversely, it could be the secret that's holding up the new models.

"turned back into a night elf."

*buzzer noise* Try again.
    you do know this is an actual questline right? that wasnt a made up situation. go to ashenvale and do the quests if you dont believe me