Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The risks of making an exp about the Burning Legion

Since there is a lot of people asking for a Burning Legion expansion again (and seems that it is almos offciial that we are going to get one at last) Blizzard is taking a lot of risks, even more than doing something totally new

For example, when Blizzard announced MOP , something totally new, there was a nerdrage but at the end ,since nobody exactly knows what to expected, it ended to be a very enjoyable expansion

Now that Burning Legion is returning, what would happen if Blizzard deliver it and it has nothing to do with most fans expected or decired, or if is not what they envicioned during all those years waiting for the return of the Legion? The rageee is going to be WORSE than with MOP

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still would have rathered we had Azshara. But in a battle between Time Travel and Fel Orcs, I gotta go with Fel Orcs.

I hate Time Travel as anything more than a plot device. That Time Travel leak has it being the key piece of the plot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure MoP turned out to be better than expected because the content was actually good compared to Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Since there is a lot of people asking for a Burning Legion expansion again (and seems that it is almos offciial that we are going to get one at last) Blizzard is taking a lot of risks, even more than doing something totally new

For example, when Blizzard announced MOP , something totally new, there was a nerdrage but at the end ,since nobody exactly knows what to expected, it ended to be a very enjoyable expansion

Now that Burning Legion is returning, what would happen if Blizzard deliver it and it has nothing to do with most fans expected or decired, or if is not what they envicioned during all those years waiting for the return of the Legion? The rageee is going to be WORSE than with MOP
    You realize the largest migration away from WOW happened because of MOP? it was a failure of an Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I still would have rathered we had Azshara. But in a battle between Time Travel and Fel Orcs, I gotta go with Fel Orcs.

I hate Time Travel as anything more than a plot device. That Time Travel leak has it being the key piece of the plot.
    Where is this "time travel leak"? I ask because the person I see mainly talking about time travel in all of these new threads is you. Can you link? Why would it need to be a time travel situation to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You realize the largest migration away from WOW happened because of MOP? it was a failure of an Expansion.

No, that is because the games has more than 6 years old?

So lets says this, since it is "almost" confirmed that the BL is returning this exp, that means that we are going to see a increase of subs and resubs next year when the exp is going to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    Where is this "time travel leak"? I ask because the person I see mainly talking about time travel in all of these new threads is you. Can you link? Why would it need to be a time travel situation to begin with?
    Exactly. Please expand on this "leak".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing, here's the full quote of his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Geheimnis View Post
    Thanks to a very loose-lipped bunch of employees in the Versailles office I can confirm 100% that:

• The upcoming expansion is called Warlords of Draenor and will feature Grom as the antagonist, although for legal issues he will be refered to as Grommash. This expansion will see the heavy use of time travel.
    • Reforging is changing, soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance.
    • The upcoming Blizzcon secret gift is an Elite Tauren Chieftan Hearthstone gift card.
    • The Dark Below has been registered for 'Titan', not World of Warcraft as is the rumor.

A big thank you for this information goes out to: <The names here were removed by Boub while he was at an airport>
    It can be hard to find as the guy didn't call it a leak, or state the name of the expansion. The thread was just "Wow-want to know what happens next"

Sure thing, here's the full quote of his post.

It can be hard to find as the guy didn't call it a leak, or state the name of the expansion. The thread was just "Wow-want to know what happens next"
    So a guy with 1 post is a leak? I'd call that speculation, rumor, but leak?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You realize the largest migration away from WOW happened because of Cataclysm? it was a failure of an Expansion.
    Fixed that for you. Especially T11 failed on such a grand scale.

No, that is because the games has more than 6 years old?

So lets says this, since it is "almost" confirmed that the BL is returning this exp, that means that we are going to see a increase of subs and resubs next year when the exp is going to be released?
    Actually it was a lot of things but two of the major factors were in fact the age on WoW AND the MoP expansion. Not everyone liked/likes Pandarens you know..

10+ Year Old Account
    So a guy with 1 post is a leak? I'd call that speculation, rumor, but leak?
    He was considered a rumor/troll until this trademark came out.

He nailed the name, so he's now got a following of people that think "he got the name, the rest must be true" and people that just want Time Travel.

Thanks for the link, it does help explain where an why the time travel bits are being talked about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Actually it was a lot of things but two of the major factors were in fact the age on WoW AND the MoP expansion. Not everyone liked/likes Pandarens you know..
    Pandaren aren't even that present in MoP, it's mostly Mogu all over the place, even their statues are everywhere. I'm wondering why the continent isn't named Moguiya instead.

He was considered a rumor/troll until this trademark came out.

He nailed the name, so he's now got a following of people that think "he got the name, the rest must be true" and people that just want Time Travel.
    I honestly think he just mixed up Grom and Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    I know that not everybody liked it, but even with that, the MAJOR reason was the age of the game

For example, personally I am going to stop playing wow after the upcomming expansion (whatever it is) not because I think that after that everything is going to suck, or because "I am so hardcore, casuals sucks" or because they dont deliver the theme I wanted. It is just because I am planning to do another activities with the time that I spend raiding, and I am pretty sure that it is the reason why the majority of people are leaving the game, not just a nerdrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't think that leak says anything about time travel though. I honestly think he just mixed up Grom and Garrosh.
    I actually missed it as well until I read closer. First bullet point, at the very end it says something along the lines of "the expansion will focus heavilly on time travel"

although for legal issues he will be refered to as Grommash
    Legal reasons?

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you serious? MOP being very enjoyable? Its worse than cata! And no way theres gonna be a bigger outrage than mop no way in hell.

I actually missed it as well until I read closer. First bullet point, at the very end it says something along the lines of "the expansion will focus heavilly on time travel"
    Yeah I re-read it and removed it from my last post lol. But yeah, still thinking he just fucked up Grom and Garrosh. I don't see Blizzard doing a whole time travel expansion, though there is that GC interview....