Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ogre for horde.
    Arakkoa for alliance.
    There is absolutely no logic in alliance getting arakkoa.... broken would be more plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Why won't horde get ogres?

Female ogres.
    never been an issue with earlier races (worgen)

Female ogres.
    Fun fact: Ogre was originally planned to be the horde race for BC before they decided to go with Blood Elves. Blizzard even went so far as to do concept art for female ogres.

This has never seen the light of day outside blizzard HQ but they did give us the female ogre mask which was probably based on the design.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Female ogres.
    That's a silly argument *points to your signature*

They will simply create Ogre female models, job's done. They won't be pretty, but that's the point of Ogres. And heck, Worgen females sure aren't pretty either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Neither were on Draenor before it was destroyed.

I'm going to say no new races because of the Vanilla model updates.
    This. A new Class is likely though, since it's different dev teams working on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love Mok'Nathal and High Elves.

We probably won't get a race or class though.

If iit really is an outland expansion, Demon Hunter *may* be a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Fun fact: Ogre was originally planned to be the horde race for BC before they decided to go with Blood Elves. Blizzard even went so far as to do concept art for female ogres.

This has never seen the light of day outside blizzard HQ but they did give us the female ogre mask which was probably based on the design.
    They were considered both for TBC and Cata. Third time's the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    There is absolutely no logic in alliance getting arakkoa.... broken would be more plausible.
    Broken is what I'm expecting, though I think Blizzard would be shocked at how disappointed alliance would be in them.

The only way I see ethereals working, is if they happen to be the race that's depicted in the empty hooded robes at the dark portal and at altars of the storm.

Aarakoa don't strike me as a strong likelyhood. Much of their visual appeal comes from a shape dictated by their feathers more than anything else. Unless armor is getting a huge revamp this expansion, I don't think aarakoa could have variable armor and still look cool. However, if they did tons of work toward making the crane people for MoP before they were scrapped, then they could have some interesting solutions cooked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'd rather see them focus on the player models of current races (and perhaps sub-race options), I could see them adding in Ogres for the horde (though I still do not understand the ridiculous hype surrounding them... the WoW Ogres all seem like chubby buffoons). As for what they would provide the alliance, I have no idea (I'd say high elves, but that seems more a candidate for a sub-race option of night elf).

I would LOVE neutral ethereal. I could also see arrakoa as a possibility. Not sure what else exists on Draenor that could be used, unless it exists only on an unexplored chunk of the world that we may be heading to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ogre for the Horde.
    High Elves for the Alliance.
    Yes there can be high elves.

5 per server. MAXIMUM. If you don't get that High elf, then no high elf for you. They are a dying, near extinct race. There is one enclave of them left in Retia Repulsa's flying castle where she sits in her tower going "CURSE THOSE HORDE!" No. More. Fecking. Elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    As I said, they [Arakkoa] have interesting lore. High elves? Copy paste blood elf lore and then merge it with human lore at the third war. We may have had them around for years, but a stupid eye recolor and ANOTHER elf race with the SAME LORE as another is really dull and boring. Arakkoa are at least unique in their lore and they have a lot of it. More than draenei, even.
    Their lore might be an interesting topic to expand upon, but that doesn't mean they should be the central piece of the expansion, its new playable race. Arakkoa are unique as a race, but that's not a recipe for success. Look at Draenei - they are the most unique and out-of-the-box-thinking playable race we have. Do many people care about them? Not at all. They just sit there with all their lore and do nothing. That'll definitely change once (if) the Draenor expansion arrives, but do we really need another unique race that'll gather dust on the shelf? We already have Worgen and Draenei to flesh out.

Elves have a great story arc and an engaging conflict to follow. The whole idea of Blood Elves going back and forth about their allegiance, the return of Alleria and Turalyon, the inevitable confrontation of High and Blood Elves - are all great themes to expand upon. And stop already with the recolor argument! By your logic Blood Elves are unneeded Night Elf recolors with the same lore and stuff. Upon addition in TBC, they've been given new unique models, personality and tonnes of lore, effectively distinguishing themselves as a race. The same story is with High Elves. If given a green light, they'll get new models, story arcs and background so that you won't be able to mistake one for another. It's just that there were no significant characters in spotlight to flesh out the race after Lich King slayed most of them. Thus up till now they are portrayed rather vaguely. Vereesa Windrunner is a start. Alleria is a logical way to expand on.

mok'nathal for horde, arokka for alliance

Deleted
    I'd be VERY happy if Mok'nathal were added for the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ogre for the Horde.
    High Elves for the Alliance.
    Why people belive That the high elves are not already in the game? read up on the lore. The high elves was the exlied elves from the night elves. The high elves moved to and founded Quel'Thalas Which later after the slaughter of the 3 war became the blood elves. blood elves are esseisly high elves tho tainted with fel magic hence their green eyes. There are already plenty of High elves in the Alliance, there live some in stormwind and live some in dalaran. The last small faction of high elves was the ones who lived in diremaul, they joined with the Night elves in CATA which is the reason Night elves can now be mages

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Their lore might be an interesting topic to expand upon, but that doesn't mean they should be the central piece of the expansion, its new playable race. Arakkoa are unique as a race, but that's not a recipe for success. Look at Draenei - they are the most unique and out-of-the-box-thinking playable race we have. Do many people care about them? Not at all. They just sit there with all their lore and do nothing. That'll definitely change once (if) the Draenor expansion arrives, but do we really need another unique race that'll gather dust on the shelf? We already have Worgen and Draenei to flesh out.

Elves have a great story arc and an engaging conflict to follow. The whole idea of Blood Elves going back and forth about their allegiance, the return of Alleria and Turalyon, the inevitable confrontation of High and Blood Elves - are all great themes to expand upon. And stop already with the recolor argument! By your logic Blood Elves are unneeded Night Elf recolors with the same lore and stuff. Upon addition in TBC, they've been given new unique models, personality and tonnes of lore, effectively distinguishing themselves as a race. The same story is with High Elves. If given a green light, they'll get new models, story arcs and background so that you won't be able to mistake one for another. It's just that there were no significant characters in spotlight to flesh out the race after Lich King slayed most of them. Thus up till now they are portrayed rather vaguely. Vereesa Windrunner is a start. Alleria is a logical way to expand on.
    But your argument is invalid. We've already seen that in Blood Elf lore and human lore. It's already expanded on. Also, considering there are LESS than 40,000 High elves left isn't really helping. And Night elves and Blood/High Elves are different races, starting 10,000 years ago. Their history diverges at a point in time that isn't less than ten years in the past. And High Elves and Blood Elves are the -exact same race-. I'm not even joking. They are exactly the same in every way, except one renamed themselves in honor of their fallen comrades. You can say every blood elf is a high elf if you want, because it's true. They are -exactly the same-. It's just the sin'dorei were a faction that chose the Horde over the Alliance.

They'd add nothing to the story at all and I can imagine it's still a vocal minority who want them. Just like it was a vocal minority that wanted the female worgen changed. And look at what a disaster that ended up being.

Also, another point in your argument is invalid. People -do- like the draenei. I don't know a single Alliance player who loves the lore and doesn't want to see something about them expanded on. And no, they aren't 'unique'. Eredar have been in the story since at least WCIII, and they just retconned/expanded on that.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-11-02 at 08:41 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Deleted
    But your argument is invalid. We've already seen that in Blood Elf lore and human lore. It's already expanded on. Also, considering there are LESS than 40,000 High elves left isn't really helping. And Night elves and Blood Elves are different races, starting 10,000 years ago. Their history diverges at a point in time that isn't less than ten years in the past. And High Elves and Blood Elves are the -exact same race-. I'm not even joking. They are exactly the same in every way, except one renamed themselves in honor of their fallen comrades. You can say every blood elf is a high elf if you want, because it's true. They are -exactly the same-. It's just the sin'dorei were a faction that chose the Horde over the Alliance.

They'd add nothing to the story at all and I can imagine it's still a vocal minority who want them. Just like it was a vocal minority that wanted the female worgen changed. And look at what a disaster that ended up being.

Bloody well said.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think if Arakkoa were given to the Alliance I would pass on this expansion.

Please no ogres, they are so damn ugly... :S And I won't understand why Alliance side is so eager to have high elves. They already have their elven race, and High Elves are already in game, with green eyes on Horde side... In my opinion it is a waste to bring rehashed elves to Alliance, instead of a cooler and more different race.

Ethereal for Horde, and Arakkoa for Alliance would be cool.

Deleted
    Furbolgs for the Alliance, at least they have a lore valid point, being friendly with the Nelves. *waits for the AMFG ANOUTHR FUREH RACE FOR ALLIANCE!!?!?!?! NO WAI!*

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Furbolgs for the Alliance, at least they have a lore valid point, being friendly with the Nelves. *waits for the AMFG ANOUTHR FUREH RACE FOR ALLIANCE!!?!?!?! NO WAI!*
    The only problem I see with it is that we already have Pandaren, which are essentially evolved Furbolgs.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

They are -exactly the same-. It's just the sin'dorei were a faction that chose the Horde over the Alliance.

They'd add nothing to the story at all and I can imagine it's still a vocal minority who want them.
    Except that Sin'dorei were cardinally and irreversibly transformed by fel magic. In a short time actually. And except that High Elves were a popular demand from day 1. And except the confrontation of High and Bloodelves would indeed be an interesting story arc, given that there are lots of Blood Elves undecided whether their allegiance really lies with Horde and even Lor'Themar has second thoughts about that.