Thread: Baby ape

Baby ape

So. almost full 12 hour sitting with maybe 3-4 times i walked away from pc for roughly 1-3 minutes, spam relogging every 12min between 8 different servers, and yet to see it rain on the Isle.. i mean honestly. i know its rare but i really shouldn'ty have to push myself to be up for 24hours for a single pet.

so please share at what time you guys grabbed yours so i can just assume something might happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    So. almost full 12 hour sitting with maybe 3-4 times i walked away from pc for roughly 1-3 minutes, spam relogging every 12min between 8 different servers, and yet to see it rain on the Isle.. i mean honestly. i know its rare but i really shouldn'ty have to push myself to be up for 24hours for a single pet.

so please share at what time you guys grabbed yours so i can just assume something might happen
    From WoWWiki: "We didn't want it to be such a mathematical formula that somebody could literally sit with a stopwatch, log in, go to a zone and go, 'OK in two, one, go — it's going to rain.' "

In other words, park an alt there and check back periodically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    but i really shouldn'ty have to push myself to be up for 24hours for a single pet.
    You don't have to. You merely choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post

In other words, park an alt there and check back periodically.
    This. This is the way to get most rare pets/spawns/whatever. All you need is patience and persistence.

afaik they created a new algorithm for the rares spawning, so I am guessing it includes pets as well. you are more likely to find the pet you want by randomly logging in than by staying online for 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    You don't have to. You merely choose to.

This. This is the way to get most rare pets/spawns/whatever. All you need is patience and persistence.
    obviously i do not have to. but if i do it in one sitting il know i will get it... using the "park an alt and log in between". i COULD have extreme bad rng with that and log in 10 seconds after every rain is over for 5 years, small chance yes but still possible

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it by placing alts at all the weather events eg tanaris , stormpeaks, stv etc as well as rare spawns such as infernal i would log in to each every so often such as when i relogged for any reason. it was much easier than sitting for hours on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    *comfort ^^

I put an alt on the Island on a few diff servers & checked periodically over a week before resorting to sitting there camping for hours on end. I got 'lucky' on the 5th day of periodic logging to check an alt & right before I was gonna log off it started to rain!

I had my pets ready for the level, not too high or too low, & a healer(I chose a fawn with Tranquility & Bleat)so I could wait out several tosses of the cage to trap it. DO NOT FORGET NOT TO USE ANY DOTS/POISONS. Also, after catching one (didn't care @ 1st what quality, just wanted one) I then would forfeit the fight if it wasn't a better quality or *dramatic gasp*, a rare.

When you do finally experience the rain, think about other ppl & don't just kill all the baby apes YOU don't want to catch. Consider forfeiting & then raid-marking them so you don't waste time/forfeits on the same ones. Save a stone for Baby Ape b/c I went through/forfeited 12-13 before it stopped raining & never saw a rare myself. Doesn't mean you won't, but if you're actively hunting a Baby Ape, it's a good idea to have a stone ready for it. If you get lucky & find a rare, then use your stone on another beast that's not easy to find, like Giraffe Calf, Black Tabby etc.

Good Luck! I know how it feels like the rain never comes but Don't Give Up!
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I got it by placing alts at all the weather events eg tanaris , stormpeaks, stv etc as well as rare spawns such as infernal i would log in to each every so often such as when i relogged for any reason. it was much easier than sitting for hours on end.
    Yup.

Making a couple DKs across a few servers is helpful as well. Blood spec, even at 58, goes a long way for zones that might be too high level.

Painless.

18½hour. thank you No name on MMO who Pm'd me it rained on his realm and invited me