Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Not in a long time, not because there wont be a better one but rather because people like the familiar and comfortable so they will stay in wow where they know how things work and they have friends here

Deleted
    Player/subscriber numbers are a poor way of measuring how successful a game is compared to other games. There's free2play MMO's with close to 20 million players that are popular in Korea/China. I suppose looking at revenue/income/value is a better measurement.

You could still use sub numbers to measure how popular a game has been over the years, of course.

Of course, nothing lasts forever.

Deleted
    Wildstar will probably drag away the older playerbase - and a heavy amount of PvPers. It's more like Classic WoW with a few fancy new toys then any of the others.

Deleted
    You asked your question in a wrong way. Eventually - of course, someone has to finally create one better MMORPG than WoW, maybe someone will even create an MMO that connects oculus rift and emotiv insight (Sword Art online anyone?) which would be quite awesome in my opinion, but I think it's about 10 years far.

But, for now EVERY gaming company that started creating their MMO with a thought "We will be better than WoW!" - failed miserably.
    And in my opinion, only WildStar stands any chance from your list - it won't probably destroy WoW, but many veterans will play WildStar instead.

And, we might be surprised by the BlizzCon 2013. Blizzard knows very well that if they fail again as they did with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, WoW will most likely die much sooner than they have expected.

If they upgrade the models(It's a big change, no matter how stupid that sounds) a lot of new and old players will come back.
    If they finally fix the balance once again, old players will also come back.
    Etc.

Which might result again in stable 10-12 subscribers. Many of my friends that have played WoW have 'nostalgia' times. WE would love to return, but it's the expansions that pushes us away most of the time. If this one succeeds, it will be very hard to take WoW's place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Make it a poll and you'll see better results. I think Elder Scrolls Online will become the biggest MMO to date. Extremely big and loyal RPG fanbase not counting MMO players. Also, it's across 3 platforms. Yep.
    I don't think ESO will become this big. It's not because it won't be a good game, it's because I don't think it will be a game the mainstream will be interested in for a long time. ESO will be quite PvP focused and it won't be this endless PvE grind as WoW is. Very big part of the endgame will be the three faction war, which is a genius concept, but not necessarily one that appeals to every casual gamer. I think ESO will be played by a lot of Elder Scrolls fans on the one hand and DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) players, who love the Alliance vs Alliance PvP concept, on the other hand.

The mainstream, casual WoW gamer who isn't familiar with any other MMOs and who got into the whole MMO gaming concept by playing WoW in the first place will not play this game for a long amount of time. Sure, a lot of people will check it out when it launches, but I don't think that a lot of those will stay. Which, if the developers are aware of, isn't necessarily a bad thing, you don't have to take down WoW as an MMO producer, as long as you cater to your clientel it's fine, which I think ESO will do perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yes? No? If so how soon?

List:

1. EverQuest Next

2. The Elder Scrolls Online

3. Monster Hunter Online

4. Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms

5. Tom Clancy's The Division

6. WildStar

7. Pathfinder

8. Phantasy Star Online 2

9. Titan ??

10. Camelot Unchained

Recently Released (getting great reviews):

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Only Elder Scrolls has a Chance, and it is a different market so I think it can be equal to WOW and have no effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I don't think ESO will become this big. It's not because it won't be a good game, it's because I don't think it will be a game the mainstream will be interested in for a long time. ESO will be quite PvP focused and it won't be this endless PvE grind as WoW is. Very big part of the endgame will be the three faction war, which is a genius concept, but not necessarily one that appeals to every casual gamer. I think ESO will be played by a lot of Elder Scrolls fans on the one hand and DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) players, who love the Alliance vs Alliance PvP concept, on the other hand.

The mainstream, casual WoW gamer who isn't familiar with any other MMOs and who got into the whole MMO gaming concept by playing WoW in the first place will not play this game for a long amount of time. Sure, a lot of people will check it out when it launches, but I don't think that a lot of those will stay. Which, if the developers are aware of, isn't necessarily a bad thing, you don't have to take down WoW as an MMO producer, as long as you cater to your clientel it's fine, which I think ESO will do perfectly.
    Basically my take.

I think Elder Scrolls has at least 2 million hard core fans who play nothing but Solo RPGs, they will make up the vast bulk of subs. However people who like fast furious open world PVP will be highly into that game as well. But that group possibly isn't as big. I see Elder Scrolls having a 4-5 Million first Month with a 25% drop off and it will hold steady around 3-4 million.

Deleted
    I thought it wasn't allowed to compare games in a kind of deathmatch versus each other. Isn't everybody walking with the same rights? Oh here you go im a let you keep 10 pages of a thread comparing 10 games with WoW not 7 not 8 not 9 but im talking about 10 fully titled franchises.
    Last edited by mmocabe97de67e; 2013-11-03 at 10:53 AM.

needs to be a sc2 expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No more childish than WoW from what I've seen. I couldn't care less for Wildstar but it always amuses me when people talk of WoW as if it's some super serious and mature game.

We won't see a single WoW killer (atleast anytime soon) because there's too much competition for the spot.
    My thought is, if too many try to be/beat wow the whole genre is just going to implode. I wouldn't want to see that, but it's what happened to scrolling space shooters, brawlers and fighting games in the past. Too many trying to be Raiden, TMNT arcade and Street Fighter respectively. It could always happen again...