Question Is the Blizzcon Opening Ceremony free?

In 2011, the Blizzcon web page said that the opening ceremony live streaming was free, but when i opened it, the streaming was locked. Did someone see the opening ceremony in the official Blizzcon webpage without a Virtual Ticket back in 2011? The link i used was this one: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/

Thank you!

Limited high-definition coverage of the opening ceremony and BlizzCon eSports tournaments will be available online for free, featuring the Grand Finals of the 2013 StarCraft® II World Championship Series and the World of Warcraft® Arena Global Invitational
    http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/virtual-ticket/faq

Deleted
    Yes, I remember I did.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming the volume of people doesn't crash it, yeah.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Thank you
    I won't miss it this year (i hope).

Deleted
    Will the Opening Ceremony include the expansion announcement or is that part of "World of Warcraft: What's Next"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Will the Opening Ceremony include the expansion announcement or is that part of "World of Warcraft: What's Next"?
    Nope it won't. Just celebration the beginning of this year's Blizzcon. As you guessed, the announcement will be probably part of "What's next?"
    Last edited by mmoc1e89a99e36; 2013-11-03 at 08:57 PM.

The opening ceremony is but it doesn't cover the reveal (edit: that I remember anyways.) The opening ceremony is always Morhaime giving a long awkward but heartfelt speech and then Metzen joking and hyping the crowd for the reveal.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-11-03 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    Nope it won't. Just celebration the beginning of this year's Blizzcon. As you guessed, the announcement will be probably part of "What's next?"
    Actually it will. It will enclude every new trailer for each of their games. Just like last Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reveal is usually on the opening ceremony too. The video I mean. The details are not ncluded ofcourse. This is also the time where Chris gets everyone pumped, followed by the video of reveals.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-11-03 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The opening ceremony is but it doesn't cover the reveal. The opening ceremony is always Morhaime giving a long awkward but heartfelt speech and then Metzen joking and hyping the crowd for the reveal.
    But in 2011, Mists of Pandaria was announced during the Opening Ceremony. According to the schedule, at that time it was still part of the opening ceremony.

15+ Year Old Account
    To the best of my recollection, they've always debuted the trailers for their new games during the Opening Ceremony. Actual discussion of the development and new content is handled at the various panels. And, of course, the expansions can also be demoed.

I thought they usually show the video with the like sweeping shots over the new zones and the highlights of the expansion, like the level cap increase, the new race/class/profession (if any) and some other stuff like the theme. Its def worth watching the opening ceremony if you dont have the Virtual Ticket. The main discussion on the expansion is going to be in the panels though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozix View Post
    I thought they usually show the video with the like sweeping shots over the new zones and the highlights of the expansion, like the level cap increase, the new race/class/profession (if any) and some other stuff like the theme. Its def worth watching the opening ceremony if you dont have the Virtual Ticket. The main discussion on the expansion is going to be in the panels though.
    Well yeah, that's the announcement trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The opening ceremony is but it doesn't cover the reveal (edit: that I remember anyways.) The opening ceremony is always Morhaime giving a long awkward but heartfelt speech and then Metzen joking and hyping the crowd for the reveal.
    Opening Ceremony DOES in fact include the reveal. Blizzcon 2011 opening ended after the MoP teaser trailer that revealed it.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.