15+ Year Old Account

Your wishlist for the next xpack?

For me personally, MoP has been a monumental disappointment. I played for one patch cycle, 5.2, and have been unsubbed the rest of the expansion. While I am pretty sure I am up for disappointment again, I really hope Blizzard can pull me back into the game. So I will put a list of what I am hoping they will implement to draw me back into the game. Then I can compare it to the Blizzcon reveal at the end of the week and see how far off I was.

Deemphasize dailies and LFR: I don't want to be rid of them, they serve their place and lots of people like them. But I do feel there are too many paths of power and progression tied to both and make them overly important than what they should be.

Bring back 5 mans: There needs to be a bigger emphasis on making 5 mans a form of end game in their own right. I feel that a lot of people would prefer getting LFR quality loot in time by doing activities they like. I want drops to matter in 5 mans and not be completely irrelevant for anything other than bringing up your ilvl to queue for LFR. Give 5 mans variety and give us a chance to eventually get LFR quality gear. Yes, yes, LFR should get it much faster and more reliably, but given time I would like to earn them enjoying the game in my own fashion. Like back in WotLK days when Badge of Frost were obtainable in 5 mans. You could get baseline raiding gear given time if you did enough 5 mans, but actually raiding gave you better gear faster. I see no problem with this.

Scenarios should tell stories, not be part of progression: They were designed to be like group quests, yet heroic scenarios gave a chance at better gear than 5 mans. This makes no sense to me. It often required less teamwork, for regulars, and the items were very random. I feel they should tie into zone questing and deliver solid stories, but they shouldn't offer rewards greater than 5 mans.

Get rid of currency caps: No one likes them. I don't care how it's balanced. I don't care how you choose to limit the rewards or increase costs. Just don't tell me that I have gotten all the currency I can and I have to wait to get more. It's not fun.

New player models: I just want my female taurens to not look like models from the RTS just scaled up in size. I love them so much, but they are painful to look at. Give them as much love as you do to the pretty females and stop playing favorites.

No new classes or races: Balance current classes and fix button bloat before adding on another class. Flesh out and finish lore and stories for the current races before you add more.

4 specializations per class: While this might counteract my previous point a little bit, I feel it would be a much welcome addition to the game. Some of the button bloat could be pushed into the new specs. Weapon and armor imbalances, like spell plate, could be fixed by doing this.

So it is VERY likely that none of these will happen. I will probably never play WoW again, but these are the things that would easily bring me back into the game and paying for race changes. What about you guys? And please, there is no need to hate on other people's wishes and desires. Just say what you want and hopefully some of us will be happy after the announcements Friday.

I want good, difficult 5 mans and good reasons to do them. Yes I know, challenge mode, but the reward is not enough for me to bother personally. Maybe have them drop LFR ilv stuff? Maybe LFR only drops some of the loot, maybe tier pieces only and have 5 mans drop the rest?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    I want good, difficult 5 mans and good reasons to do them. Yes I know, challenge mode, but the reward is not enough for me to bother personally. Maybe have them drop LFR ilv stuff? Maybe LFR only drops some of the loot, maybe tier pieces only and have 5 mans drop the rest?
    I was personally thinking more along the lines of LFR gear being purchasable via valor, there not being a valor cap, but the items costing quite a lot. So while the gear dropped in 5 mans would be good for a while, after a lot of runs you will end up buying the LFR gear. Frankly, I don't care if the chest would cost 10,000 valor. I would rather get it from doing 5 mans than step in LFR week after week.

If Warlords of Draenor is about well Draenor then these are what I really hope for in this expansion.

Outland Revamp After doing those quests in Hellfire Pennisula and Nagrand over and over again on various alts its a drag and since we are returning to Draenor I think Blizzard should take the same approach they did with Cataclysm.

New ways of Leveling I only have 2 90s for one reason only: The questing blows. Although I want an Outland Revamp id also like a new way of leveling or atleast a change to the current system. I will always burnout on the way to 90 and I cant just go a direct shot for it. I leveled a monk and sure the bonus exp was helpful at times but it wasnt really enough. You only got 1 hour of bonus exp for 10 levels. It helped but it wasnt really enough. They have to have some sort of like class challenge every 10 levels and should either grant levels or give like 5 levels upon completion. Nothing really changes in jumps of 5 levels in terms of abilities and talents so it would be a viable option.

New Professions and/or profession revamp Id love to see a new profession, I dont know what it would be but id like to see it. Also profession revamp would be nice. Who here has ever switched professions? It sucks. Spending 5k gold atleast on professions required for creating things or the fact that gathering professions cannot supply the resources for it. Generally professions are now made for the End Game since you outlevel the zones necessary for a certain area of expertise. Leveling and professions both need revamps in order to meet the current model of WoW. 1-90 is a pain in the butt leveling wise but getting all the mats for 1-600 is even worse.

New Hero Class Although DK's were overpowered and created a good amount of problems for the game at the release of WotLK, I think if this is an Outland 2.0 expansion and the level cap is now set at 95 or even 100 getting a hero class at level 60 would be a great idea and better yet have it level through the new zones (having it start at level 62 for example). Blizzard said a hero class wouldnt be in the books for a while but it also got the game alot of attention and a popularity spike. Id love to see Demon Hunter over Tinker since timetravel is in the works on some theories of the XPAC so seeing Illidan again and training the Demon Hunters would be legendary.

Other than that I dont really care about player models because im more of gameplay > graphics kind of guy. Races... ehh... orges would look like a clunky model and the armor wouldnt go on it well same with arokkoa and ethreals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I just wish people would use the search function instead of making dozens of repetitive threads. Did you honestly think you were the only person who would make a thread like this? Other than that I feel most of MOP was ok.

-The dailies was overdone though and I think Blizzard has gotten the point on that.

-Scenarios and 5 mans need to have viable loot in them in order to get people to do them. I did a whole 3 maybe 4 scenarios cause there is nothing of use from them.

-PVP is ridiculous at this current time.

-other than that I don't care about new classes, models, or any of that shit since it doesn't change gameplay at all and doesn't encourage me to play one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    So I will put a list of what I am hoping they will implement to draw me back into the game. Then I can compare it to the Blizzcon reveal at the end of the week and see how far off I was.
    We still dont even know for sure that they are going to announce an expansion at Blizzcon. They might wait till Blizzcon 2014 to announce the next expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    We still dont even know for sure that they are going to announce an expansion at Blizzcon. They might wait till Blizzcon 2014 to announce the next expansion
    Considering that 5.4 was the last content patch with the next patch being a ramp up for the next expansion, delaying the announcement for a whole year would be mind boggling.