Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 man Garrosh 2 or 3 Heal?

Question, were attempting this Tuesday, just made it to him.

Prot Pally
    Blood DK

Ele
    Surivial / Bm Hunter
    Spriest
    Destro Lock
    Rogue

Disc / Holy priest
    MW Monk
    Hpally

Is 3 healing viable? Our dps is about 560 -565 ilvl, heals are 545-558 and tanks are 560+.
    I would prefer to 3 heal, but our other choice is disc/holy priest goes shadow and pulls 140k+ dps in half shadow / half reforged healing gear.

Also do you guys ignore the desecrate axe in phase 2 and put them around the room? or take the time to multi dot / kill em or depends on how many heals?

Any tips would be helpful going into it. / nice strats.

We two heal tried three healing and were having problems like crazy

entire raid was 540-550 ilvl for our first few kills all now 555-565 and we zip through it
    140k priests dps seems really low our shaman heals for heroic on three heal bosses and his ele dps is 240k give or take also with healing/dps gear 548 ilvl dps and 556 healing with tot trinkets for both and bad ones like hydra and forgot what the other one was he's logged in his healing gear right now

We kill all axes in p2 leave them up in the last phase just dropping them off around the room not even shrinking them however we push him after we come out the second intermission phase skipping the third

Blood DK
    Guardian Druid

Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin

Fire Mage
    Ele Shaman
    Destro Warlock
    Destro Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    BM Hunter
    Last edited by nyxtyr; 2013-11-04 at 06:09 AM.

3 healing is viable - but why makes things so much harder for yourself by doing that? Just 2 heal it.
    Mew!

We 3 healed it and just dotted up the axes unless they needed to be killed quick

We run with a 13 ppl roster so we always have people to swap around when needed but I'd say you're gonna have a better time 2 healing it. 130k seems really low tho even for an offspec :/

Healed it as MW, Disc

From my personal experience, 3 healing just makes the fight harder. The couple of times we tried our dps was too low to push him to 10% in phase 2 before getting dragged into the transition a third time, and it was just downhill from there. Really hard to get into a smooth phase 3 if it takes you that long to get there, and that's most of the fight. If you can get to phase 3 with everyone up and get a good burn in, you've got the fight.

While two healing is a little bit harder on the healers, it's much much better on your raid if you can make it through empowered whirling corruptions, and it gives you more people to deal with the adds and the mind controls.

In phase 2 we just have ranged focus down the desecrate axes and then get back on the boss. I'm sure multidotting is more optimal, but we have a bad history of placing axes in the wrong spot so we just kill them anyway. If you're three healing I'm not sure you can afford to spare the damage, so I'd try and just kite around the room as much as possible. Just be careful you place axes in the right spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    We run with a 13 ppl roster so we always have people to swap around when needed but I'd say you're gonna have a better time 2 healing it. 130k seems really low tho even for an offspec :/

Healed it as MW, Disc
    I mean, 180k seems more realistic tbh, but I was kind of thinking the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    We 3 healed it and just dotted up the axes unless they needed to be killed quick
    What does your dps typically pull? What was your comp? Ilvl average? Healers?

2 healing is pretty much required. My guild just got its first kill of garrosh today 2 healing. However when 3 healing we simply didnt have enough dps to push him before the 3rd transition
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Both are viable.

2 is better imo. Regardless of how many healers you bring it all comes down to how you handle the empowered whirling corruption adds. Mess that up and 6 healers won't save you.

we 3 heal, and have always 3 healed(first kill a month ago).

the main thing, is do you have to DPS to push him to P3 before the 3rd intermission.

we dont kill any weapons in P2, our lock just dots them up and they get a bit smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

We are working on this fight right now with 3 healers, and while phase 1 we feel can be 2 healed, the 2nd phase with the adds that can't be stacked up kills us when no raid cds are left. So I'm not sure if 2 healing it would be the right idea, even if we burn faster. The healing looks insane (or ours healers are just not doing it right, idk). Add the tank damage which is pretty insane at this point. Its crazy how tougher Garrosh is than all the normal mode bosses, its a huge difference.

If you execute the mechanism correctly, you don't need 3 healers.

If you don't, you won't kill the boss anyway.

2 man heal it, and make use of every raid cooldowns you have to make it easier on yourself. Smokebomb on the first couple of whirling corruption where you're stacked etc.

I'd also say 2 man heal it with whatever class you have. Bring the 2 best* healers.

*As in best players, not class.

Me as disc priest and 1 random healer killed him for a few weeks now. The big spikes on your tanks are from people not executing adds properly, healing is not insane. Once you execute mechanics right like Aerna said you will see that 2 healers are more than enough. It has been soloed on holy priest and 2 healers are going afk there Garrosh feels harder until you learn to do it right. Then its just a boss. Goodluck.

Definitely 2 heal it. Garrosh is mostly about pushing phases so you want more DPS. All high damage comes from him hitting like a truck, intermissions and whirling corruption, which you can negate because it comes and bursts and nothing that keeps your healers constantly strained for mana.

Deleted
    We had the exact same issue as yourself. We have a HPala (Myself), Disco and Shaman heal setup. None of us have exceptional DPS gear, just bits not needed by MS DPS. We got our first kill last night () 2 healing it.

As most people have commented the damage is predictable in a sense such that, you know when the 'oh balls' moments are going to happen.

It is not easy to 2 heal, on farm probably yes. First attempt kill, no. The best advice I can give you is time your DPS heal CD's well, Devo Aura, Ancestral etc really helped save us on the Empowered Corruptions. Finally, we found that having him between 35-40% at the second intermission and then popping hero at about 15% so he didn't hit a 3rd intermission got us the kill. If you have that 3rd intermission, we found the adds that spawned just before it destroyed us as we came back down combined with other abilities.

Best of luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    We are working on this fight right now with 3 healers, and while phase 1 we feel can be 2 healed, the 2nd phase with the adds that can't be stacked up kills us when no raid cds are left. So I'm not sure if 2 healing it would be the right idea, even if we burn faster. The healing looks insane (or ours healers are just not doing it right, idk). Add the tank damage which is pretty insane at this point. Its crazy how tougher Garrosh is than all the normal mode bosses, its a huge difference.
    What do you mean "when no raid cd's are left"? You should only get 3 waves of empowered adds, no? You should have 3 raid cd's. The damage from the whirlings isn't too much anyways, as long as you're pretty close to each other. 2 healers is plenty. And yeah tanks really need to watch out for their health right after a whirling. Their dot expires, they'll not be topped because of the whirling and they'll take a melee hit at the same time.

Deleted
    Definitely 2 heal that fight, it's so much harder with 3 healers.
    Last two logs (from 2013-10-01 & 2013-10-22).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=5593&e=6197

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...=11641&e=12165

Quote Originally Posted by nyxtyr View Post
    We two heal tried three healing and were having problems like crazy

entire raid was 540-550 ilvl for our first few kills all now 555-565 and we zip through it
    140k priests dps seems really low our shaman heals for heroic on three heal bosses and his ele dps is 240k give or take also with healing/dps gear 548 ilvl dps and 556 healing with tot trinkets for both and bad ones like hydra and forgot what the other one was he's logged in his healing gear right now

We kill all axes in p2 leave them up in the last phase just dropping them off around the room not even shrinking them however we push him after we come out the second intermission phase skipping the third

Blood DK
    Guardian Druid

Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin

Fire Mage
    Ele Shaman
    Destro Warlock
    Destro Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    BM Hunter

I know you know and to each his own but there is really, reeeaaally no need to kill the axes in P2. When you come down at the start of P2, start on your mark from P1 and just move with each weapon slightly to the side, leaving them up. When you come down again, start on the other marker (if you did left previously, do right now) and do the same thing. We go outward around the edge of the room on that side, so when P3 comes the ENTIRE center of the room is open and there is *plenty* of room.

The absolute only reason I see to kill weapons is if your DPS is low and you will have too many to deal with, but I highly doubt that is the problem. Why do you kill them? I'm curious. Is it trouble with placement or is it a "let's just be safe" kinda thing?