Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    it will be right near this Christmas the amount of staff they have working on it they can pump it out much faster.
    No it won't. The beta tests would be in full swing right now if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman View Post
    I hope its right after Christmas!! Apparently, now that their next gen mmo, Titan, was delayed, they have more people working on WoW.
    No way. More likely near Easter

I remember last year all the people were saying "Compare the blah blah of all the other expansions... they will release MoP no earlier than November, but probably around Christmas because MONEY!"
    then it came out in September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    I remember last year all the people were saying "Compare the blah blah of all the other expansions... they will release MoP no earlier than November, but probably around Christmas because MONEY!"
    then it came out in September.
    No one looked at the clues that I kept pointing out like the new ilvl 470 Brewfest items and Hallow's End items. I kept saying that is a clue that Blizzard is aiming for pre-Brewfest release and those people kept telling me I was crazy, they would NEVER release so close to the start of the school term (even though less than 25% of players are under 21 years old) and it would be released at Christmas to maximize sales for gifts to kids... O.o So it seems they are coming back around...
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Compare the times between expansions being announced and released:
    Burning Crusade: 15 months.
    Wrath of the Lich King: 15 months.
    Cataclysm: 16 months.
    Mists of Pandaria: 11 months.

So something like August - September at the earliest, and that's very optimistic.
    Don't forget they have added a ton of staff this year to the WoW dev team. They are probably working at a faster pace than ever, as evidenced by the pace of content patches this xpac. I think we'll see the next expansion by late spring at the very latest. If they could get it out by March I'm sure they'd be thrilled. SoO content isn't going to hold up much more than 5 more months.

Early next year would be about 6 months out of line of the average period between releases there, but I think they said they were supposed to be pumping out wow content faster since MoP hit? Either way, a late release would be horrible. It'd be yet another one year long, closing of expansion patch.

I think they know that the longer they take, the fewer $40 boxes they will be selling, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    They said one expansion a year, so hurry up Blizz. :P I would expect an early 2014 release. Well before summer at least, unless they were wrong about being able to release expansions faster now.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

June or July 2014

Well RoS is most likely coming out in May (new patch drops 3/18, 2 months of that, then game drops on 2 year anniversary)

So i think WoD will be out July-August.

if not in spring i am gonna die of boredom in wow :P
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Remember that we will still have another pvp season before the end of mop.
    Trust me, that means nothing.

Blizz isn't going to give the middle finger to a far larger portion of the playerbase, subjecting them to 15 months of SoO, just because there are strings for another season.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    imgur.com/qg4zWmd.jpg

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Well RoS is most likely coming out in May (new patch drops 3/18, 2 months of that, then game drops on 2 year anniversary)

So i think WoD will be out July-August.
    More likely March-April in your theory.

The person right below you spells it out perfectly. "if not in spring i am gonna die of boredom"

Where die is unsubscribe.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    If its late 2014 they are going to lose a lot of subs.
    Yeah, if it's indeed late 2014 then they can expect like 3 million subscribers.
    If they indeed manage to release expansions faster like they said they would, then early or mid 2014 would have about 5 million subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allohashin View Post
    imgur.com/qg4zWmd.jpg
    Clearly fake. Blizzard has NEVER given a release month at a reveal... NEVER.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

They won't release an expansion in the summer. If it's not out by March or April, they'll delay to late August/early September.

I'm thinking they'll rush it early with lots of missing content, and then have the first major content patch sometime mid summer.

There is no way they are going to make us wait another full year for the expansion. I think early to mid next year. mid May to mid June would be Ideal. Anything later then that and people will start getting mad, bored and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Compare the times between expansions being announced and released:
    Burning Crusade: 15 months.
    Wrath of the Lich King: 15 months.
    Cataclysm: 16 months.
    Mists of Pandaria: 11 months.

So something like August - September at the earliest, and that's very optimistic.
    I'm anticipating a break in the pattern. Two of the biggest periods of subscription loss were the last few months of WotLK and the last few months of Cataclysm, when content became stale after so many months of nothing new. At the beginning of MoP, Blizzard affirmed their commitment to faster content releases and vowed not to let there be a content patch that lasts as long as Dragon Soul or ICC happen again. They've increased the size of their development staff dramatically twice now during this expansion in an effort to bring this faster content, and it has shown through the release schedule of the contnet patches throughout Mists. I firmly expect them to have a much quicker release date than compared to previous expansions because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    They won't release an expansion in the summer. If it's not out by March or April, they'll delay to late August/early September.

I'm thinking they'll rush it early with lots of missing content, and then have the first major content patch sometime mid summer.
    Why not? Please tell me why? ...... waits for it
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

I would put my money on Beta going live soon after Blizzcon, Beta for MoP was like 3-4 months so that lands us around 4-5 months after Blizzcon which is late March. As far as what the expansion will entail it seems like everyone has assumed it will be a caverns of time expansion to pre exploded Draenor, which is probably the most likely. Or possibly an alternate timeline where Draenor was saved by the Orcs uniting against the legion and now they rule their respective regions of a complete Draenor.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal