Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Yeah... Something tells me those aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a strange desire to go to the zoo and hug the first lion i see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    leave the lion mews alone! there are humans that are stupid too

Lions are perfectly friendly when they don't consider you food or a threat. Especially when handraised by Humans.

What if she gets... hungry?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? I imagine dealing with lions takes a great amount of knowledge and testicular fortitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    What if she gets... hungry?
    If they're raised by humans and well fed, they aren't a threat... Outside of rough play, i can't think of any possible example that'd result in the killing of these individuals.

But i know very little on this

10+ Year Old Account
    "Deep in the African bush a lioness gives giant hug to the two men who saved her.

As a cub, Sirga was driven out of her pride and rescued by Valentin Gruener and Mikkel Legarth who could not stand by and watch her die.

Now the 110lb lioness has developed an incredible bond with the pair who are fighting to save her species in Botswana, southern Africa."

No worries about her eating or attacking them. Unless they did something she didn't like.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    Why? I imagine dealing with lions takes a great amount of knowledge and testicular fortitude.
    It's easy to rationalize stupidity into bravery until something goes wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    "Deep in the African bush a lioness gives giant hug to the two men who saved her.

As a cub, Sirga was driven out of her pride and rescued by Valentin Gruener and Mikkel Legarth who could not stand by and watch her die.

Now the 110lb lioness has developed an incredible bond with the pair who are fighting to save her species in Botswana, southern Africa."

No worries about her eating or attacking them. Unless they did something she didn't like.
    Or the Lion has a Bad Hairday. I wouldn't trust a hand raised house kitten if it could kill me and those are domesticated.

It's easy to rationalize stupidity into bravery until something goes wrong.
    Exactly people just count the hits and drop the misses if they like the narration. Poor Roy

10+ Year Old Account
    The spots on that thing are cool as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, the lioness was a cub when found and as long as the keep her well fed then she'll pretty much be okay with them. My grandfather owns a reticulated python and there is one thing he has told me about exotic pets, "Do not get in the way of their food and do not leave them hungry".
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    The thing is, the lioness was a cub when found and as long as the keep her well fed then she'll pretty much be okay with them. My grandfather owns a reticulated python and there is one thing he has told me about exotic pets, "Do not get in the way of their food and do not leave them hungry".
    And have luck.
    Dont mistake risk mitigation for risk avoidance. If they act on instinct they kill indiscriminately.

Show weakness, confront them on a bad day or run away and they will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If they're raised by humans and well fed, they aren't a threat... Outside of rough play, i can't think of any possible example that'd result in the killing of these individuals.

But i know very little on this
    In case you weren't being sarcastic, it is a wild animal. You cannot tame them and they are always a danger, all it takes is one person to fall down or take some other action that activates the animals predatory instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    In case you weren't being sarcastic, it is a wild animal. You cannot tame them and they are always a danger, all it takes is one person to fall down or take some other action that activates the animals predatory instinct.
    I can't imagine that in all her life she hasn't bowled one of them over either in play or on accident and had them pinned, and didn't kill them...

Natural instinct can be over ridden if taught from a young age, hence why humans(most humans) don't go out with a club and gonk woman on the head and rape them in their caves, and then go hunting for raw food...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you watch the video you can see a lot of instances where she bites and claws them - playfully, but she still does it. That's something we don't allow our pets to do to us because it can cause injury...and they're just dogs and cats. That lion could tear them both apart, and lions are not domesticated. They are not bred to actually live with us. They will not work with us and will only be nice to us because they get something out of it at the time. One wrong move and that lion would stop looking at them as friends.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    I can't imagine that in all her life she hasn't bowled one of them over either in play or on accident and had them pinned, and didn't kill them...

Natural instinct can be over ridden if taught from a young age, hence why humans(most humans) don't go out with a club and gonk woman on the head and rape them in their caves, and then go hunting for raw food...
    You're thinking like lions are domesticated cats & dogs, animals that have been purposely bred for thousands of years to get along with us and to look at humans as friends. Lions do not look at us as friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post

No, natural instinct cannot be trumped. You cannot domesticate a lion. Thinking you can will get you killed.

It is a wild animal, and it should be respected and treated as such.

You already see stories about dogs attacking someone because they heard a scary noise and reacted. Giant cat is going to respond with force if something causes it fear.

But this is still very cute.

Edit
    Watched the video. This cat is super playful but still tore his sweatshirt in just a few moments with its play biting.
    Last edited by Flame6; 2013-11-05 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're thinking like lions are domesticated cats & dogs, animals that have been purposely bred for thousands of years to get along with us and to look at humans as friends. Lions do not look at us as friends.
    True enough, but cats and dogs started somewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    No, natural instinct cannot be trumped. You cannot domesticate a lion. Thinking you can will get you killed.

It is a wild animal, and it should be respected and treated as such.
    Not really, Think about it, Lions have a strong pack mentality, a male is in charge, this lioness was expelled from her pack(pride whatever), these two males took her in and raised her and taught her how to hunt, my money is on she views them as her pack and wouldn't hurt them if possible.

she was raised by them as part of their pack that they were the heads of, she grew up with them as her superiors, there is more to lions than hunt and eat.