Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Two weeks ago, on the Co-Optional podcast, their guest, Boogie2988, had been speaking to a Blizzard dev about Heroes of the Storm, and the words of said dev were "it's going to be the Super Smash Bros of Blizzard, basically".

Guess what Super Smash Bros Brawl had? A contrived story mode that put EVERY SINGLE character into it, despite various differences in scope/powers/etc. I mean Fox McCloud of the Star Fox team saves Diddy Kong from a raging Rayquaza... Little unlikely?

A story mode would be possible, though I wouldn't rely on it happening. But if it is the "Super Smash Bros of Blizzard"... We got some OLD titles they can pull from too... Lost Vikings, Rock' n' Roll Racing, Blackthorne, and any other title made by Interplay during the NES/SNES/Genesis era.
    You mean Silicon & Synapse. Also, they made a JLA fighting game. I can't wait to for Superman to show up :P
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    You mean Silicon & Synapse. Also, they made a JLA fighting game. I can't wait to for Superman to show up :P
    I think it would be stuff they hold the trademarks for. WB kinda keeps their DC licenses close to the chest nowadays.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I think it would be stuff they hold the trademarks for. WB kinda keeps their DC licenses close to the chest nowadays.
    Oh, I know. It was a joke. See my earlier statement about tounge-in-cheek-ness.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks ago, on the Co-Optional podcast, their guest, Boogie2988, had been speaking to a Blizzard dev about Heroes of the Storm, and the words of said dev were "it's going to be the Super Smash Bros of Blizzard, basically".

Guess what Super Smash Bros Brawl had? A contrived story mode that put EVERY SINGLE character into it, despite various differences in scope/powers/etc. I mean Fox McCloud of the Star Fox team saves Diddy Kong from a raging Rayquaza... Little unlikely?

A story mode would be possible, though I wouldn't rely on it happening. But if it is the "Super Smash Bros of Blizzard"... We got some OLD titles they can pull from too... Lost Vikings, Rock' n' Roll Racing, Blackthorne, and any other title made by Interplay during the NES/SNES/Genesis era. Bring on Olaf, Erik the Swift, and Baelog!
    But super smash bros easily lends itself to being a side-scrolling platformer.

A single-player "story" mode of Heroes of the Storm would have to be something akin to Diablo 3. And that's also forgetting that, unlike SSB, this game is free...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Don't some fighting games have story modes too? Sure, they're lame cutscenes in between fights, but this isn't a serious game. Just because it's not canon doesn't mean they can't add some fun random goofy story mode to it. I think it's doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Don't some fighting games have story modes too? Sure, they're lame cutscenes in between fights, but this isn't a serious game. Just because it's not canon doesn't mean they can't add some fun random goofy story mode to it. I think it's doable.
    But again, fighting games are one-on-one (generally speaking.)

These games are usually 5 v 5 and take place on the exact same maps.

Now, it WOULD be kind of cool to have some sort of... "training" thing where, instead of just fighting bots in a match, you have to galavant around a linear map with your character and defeat certain mobs, using the skills of that character to survive/overcome them... would help teach you skillshots, when to run, the toolkit... all that fun stuff.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.