Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Garrosh Normal] Tips please :D

This is the WorldofLogs of some of our tries

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2064&e=2696

This wasn't the best day for me because i was raiding at a friend's house but i wanted some advice on somethings:

1. What reforges and gemings did you guys go ?? I went M>H>C
    2. Which LVL 90 Talent did you guys use ??? AD or KJC? I went KJC because of the transitional phases.
    3. Did you Kill both engineers or just one of them ??? If you killed one of them did it affect your dps because of less embers ??
    4. Please give me some additional tips ?

Also I am first on single target on the boss on all the tries but i feel i can do better ?? Sometimes I do around 105 mil at < 7% wipes

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ale/ace/simple
    PS: I just got 2 set bonus , So these logs are pre 2 set bonus and I was 553 item level now i am 558
    Last edited by a C e; 2013-11-03 at 12:59 PM. Reason: to add armory

An armory link would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Recklessfear View Post
    An armory link would be great
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ale/ace/simple
    also i was 553 in the logs and no 2 set bonus

Deleted
    2 set is pretty garbage anyway, doesn't really make a difference.

Use AD talent, as for reforge priority anything will work just fine.
    Your damage seems fine just shadowburn snipe as much as you can!

Deleted
    Play demo.... destro is for mongaloids.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-11-04 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swo View Post
    Play demo.... destro is for mongaloids.
    my plan is to go demo after 4 set, and ur tip was worthless mate because ur insulting

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    my plan is to go demo after 4 set, and ur tip was worthless mate because ur insulting
    Why do Demo after 4 set? Destro is beastmode this tier.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Destro gains more from the 4pc than any other spec...so if you get your 4pc go destro. Demo's 2pc is more powerful for the spec than its 4pc when played well though I would go for 4pc > 2pc w' HWF pieces. Destro has good aoe and can stop/start damage easily which is important for adds, MC's (without dots), and easily cleaves weapons. The 2pc is decent for destro's aoe but its quite poor in terms of single target.

Destro using shadowburn + havoc to copy shadowburns to high HP mobs is quite strong on garrosh and there is almost always a way to use it.

Deleted
    On topic, what's your opener on garrosh ?
    Should I go for the classic 2 * CB with max proc? Yesterday I tried to wait 2 seconds after the pull to start attacking, then cast one CB with like 7 stack of wush, and then a FnB Immo at 10 stack, wich seems to do more dps.

Deleted

need some help with garrosh pls

I played destro on this fight, but my offspecc is affli, so I’m open for suggestions..

Phase 1, at the beginning the problem was that I would pull aggro from the adds, so I respect tier1 into dark regeneration, is the passive heal of soul leech really that much that I would pull aggro or were our tanks not fast enough? Btw, we play with 2 warri tanks, what talents do you use?
    In that phase we only kill one ingi so I concentrate on nuking the boss.

Phase 2: I have to move a lot, we have one melee camp and one range camp for the weapon, I move from the boss to the range camp, than move again for whirling corruption than move back to the boss for the mind control..
    The problem is that I never find the time to fully use my dark soul, I guess I should ask to stay in melee camp when my procss are up,
    what is your tactic? got any more tips for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    I played destro on this fight, but my offspecc is affli, so I’m open for suggestions..

Phase 1, at the beginning the problem was that I would pull aggro from the adds, so I respect tier1 into dark regeneration, is the passive heal of soul leech really that much that I would pull aggro or were our tanks not fast enough? Btw, we play with 2 warri tanks, what talents do you use?
    In that phase we only kill one ingi so I concentrate on nuking the boss.
    You should never pull aggro unless you start nuking them before tanks have a chance at picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    Phase 2: I have to move a lot, we have one melee camp and one range camp for the weapon, I move from the boss to the range camp, than move again for whirling corruption than move back to the boss for the mind control..
    The problem is that I never find the time to fully use my dark soul, I guess I should ask to stay in melee camp when my procss are up,
    what is your tactic? got any more tips for me?
    That sounds like hell of a lot of unnecessary movement. We had all our ranged and healers stack and run back and forth between two marks whenever a desecrated weapon spawned.

looks like you do 10man,since i raid 25 i can only give you possible tipps, since i have no clue about 10man^^ i usually go for affli, mainly since our meeles take care of all the adds and it's quite nice to mutlidot the boss+giantpurpleaxe

as for destro tipps, well it kinda depends what your goal is, to say LOOK AT MY DPS WORTHLESS CREATURES, or "hey raidleader look i killed the add that you told me to"
    for a) wait with darksoul till the adds are at the boss, and just nuke the shit out of them, it will push your dps insane high, for no real use^^

1. What reforges and gemings did you guys go ??
    M>H>C (mostly since i'm to lazy to reforge to M>C>H from affli->destru every time)
    2. Which LVL 90 Talent did you guys use ??? AD or KJC? I went KJC because of the transitional phases.
    AD is probably better, unless 10man got wierd tactics ^^, we have 2 positions to walk + transition .. where you can just got with fnb conflag/rain of fire/fel flame
    3. Did you Kill both engineers or just one of them ??? If you killed one of them did it affect your dps because of less embers ??
    we got shadows for that kinda of stuff, if you have to make him, remember havoc -> gateway -> chaosbolt :P
    4. Please give me some additional tips ?
    try to get the 4piece, makes destru so much more fun. (timing chaosbolt with the +15% crit)

e: curse you ... both trinkets wish i had to "non stack" trinkets for destru :/
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2013-11-04 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    yes i raid 10man, i think my dps on the boss is ok, we are a casual raid, i use rain of fire on the adds to get embers so i can nuke the boss with chaos bolts, we let one iron star go through and only kill one ingi, our problem is phase two and three, we struggle with the mind control that is why we all run to the boss after he threw his weapon, as a lock it is easy to stun 2 players with shadowfury, but other classes don't have an ae stun, it is even harder for us in phase 3..
    about affli, I guess i should try it.. would be better for phase 2, though my dps will probably drop in phase 1 because there is no use in spreading corruption, and yes we are moving way too much, at least we killed the boss in flex
    btw, my armory is in my sig, and I'm still reforged for the 9778 affli hastecap

For Garrosh is jsut depends on howw your guild does it.

For example on phase 1 we can usuallly burn Garrosh before the 3rd set of adds so my open is Prepot - Lifeblood (herbalist) - Dark Soul - 1.5 sec to pull Incinerate - Immolate - 2 conflags - Doom Guard.

At this point the first wave of adds should be running in and my trinkets are both up so I drop ROF - F&B - Immolate w/ procs - incinerate spam and I usually top out around 1.5mil dps.

Second wave of Adds I repeat but I'll pop my second Dark Soul so that going into intermission I have one up during the annihilate phase and full embers by shadowburning the adds in there, during this I stand opposite of my raid and can generally tunnel chaos bolts into garrosh without having to move.

The big thing about P1 is you should only need to cast ROF once, then immolate on 6+ adds will ember cap you extremely fast if its buffed with Dark Soul.

Our guild does a circle pattern around the entire map with ranged following me and we ignore weapons all of P2. Basically I stand max range and do standard rotation, Our dps is again high enough that we are pushing final phase before he ever gets to cast empowered whirling corruption so we never deal with adds. Final phase we just stack on boss to melee can kick mind controls pop lust, use second doomguard and go ham. If I'm not mistaken you cannot stun MC's when they are empowered your melee need to step up and actually interrupt players manually. We actually didnt allow stuns at all because we would keep killing players in MC by stunning them in Desecrated Weapons xD.

One thing I noticed in your logs is your Immolate uptime is extremely low. Work on keeping that up, and remember to refresh immolate when you get trinket procs just like affliction does with its dots.

edit2: Looking at your logs your not using fel flame at all? During the fly up in intermission you should be casting it on him, whenever your moving - fel flame. You have the ability to dps while moving so make use of it
    Last edited by Phtes; 2013-11-04 at 07:10 PM.
    I cant has cheezburgar :'(

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Why do Demo after 4 set? Destro is beastmode this tier.
    Many, many reasons. Once we get H Garrosh on farm, I'll be demo for every fight. It's just more fun (imo), and can still be competitive. Also, strictly for AOE, Demo 4pc > Destro 4 pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phtes View Post
    use second doomguard and go ham.

wat??

If your guild is still working on him, make sure to focus all your DPS in P2, even at a cost of P1 dps, because P1 doesn't really matter as long as nobody dies.

1. I did M>C>H for the first kill but I've been M>H>C since then. Both seem ok.
    2. KJC, but you could probably make do with AD if you're used to not having KJC.
    3. We've done both, but it doesn't really matter as long as you get through P1 without problems.
    4. The main deciding factor IMO is whether you can get Garrosh to ~30% before the 2nd otherworld phase. Save CD's to maximize DPS in P2. If you pop everything in P1 you will get high numbers, but P1 DPS doesn't contribute to a kill if P2 DPS is not enough. For P3, just ignore the empowered adds (but do take care of MC asap).

If you doomguard in phase 1, it'll be back up for his last 30% again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    If your guild is still working on him, make sure to focus all your DPS in P2, even at a cost of P1 dps, because P1 doesn't really matter as long as nobody dies.

1. I did M>C>H for the first kill but I've been M>H>C since then. Both seem ok.
    2. KJC, but you could probably make do with AD if you're used to not having KJC.
    3. We've done both, but it doesn't really matter as long as you get through P1 without problems.
    4. The main deciding factor IMO is whether you can get Garrosh to ~30% before the 2nd otherworld phase. Save CD's to maximize DPS in P2. If you pop everything in P1 you will get high numbers, but P1 DPS doesn't contribute to a kill if P2 DPS is not enough. For P3, just ignore the empowered adds (but do take care of MC asap).
    Phase 1 Does matter. If you can time it around when no adds are up you get free damage on the boss, because the first intermission doesnt heal him.
    I cant has cheezburgar :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Phtes View Post
    If you doomguard in phase 1, it'll be back up for his last 30% again.

- - - Updated - - -

Phase 1 Does matter. If you can time it around when no adds are up you get free damage on the boss, because the first intermission doesnt heal him.
    It's not the DPS number that matters though. It's timing when to transition. I'm just saying don't be too worked up on P1 DPS, to an extent that you lack the required DPS in P2.

As for Doomguard - I guess it's possible to have a combat over 10minutes, but at around 10:15 the kill rate dramatically drops as seen in the graph here:
    http://worldoflogs.com/zones/Siege_o...sh_Hellscream/

So if it's lasting longer than 10min, it's probably a wipe. I would really like to see a log with 2 Doomguard casts in a kill.

Also, no Fel Flaming is necessary if you have KJC. You can Incinerate while you're being siphoned into the ceiling.