Page 1 of 46
... LastLast

Is the Blizzcon stream too expensive?

I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video and only part of it I'm interested in (the WoW expansion) so that only adds up to maybe 3 hours of news I want, 3 hours for $40? I'm not going to buy that. Maybe Blizzard should split the show and offer 3-4 viewing options at say $15 each.

You pay about the same for 2 days of video as you day for a full year+ worth of gaming, would you rather buy the expansion or blizzcon stream for $40? Also consider that videos and news covering the event will be released right after and sometimes even during the event. What do you guys think? Should they split the show up into a WoW, SC2, D3 and other (stuff like heroes of the storm, hearthstone and contests) streams? how much should individual streams be? Is $40 too much considering the expansions offer more and sometimes for less?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, You get sweet rewards that's worth 5x the amount in a few years. x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Yes. Paying to stream the event is just bullshit imo. it should be free

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For ordering the stream? You get only a WoW pet that you can sell... and even that I'm not sure of, all the other stuff (which some people might not care for) are bound to your account.

I would totally fork out $15 for the WoW part of the stream but not $40 for additional stuff I don't want.

They charge for it to offset Blizzcon's cost so that they can actually justify running the event to shareholders, hiring and filling a convention hall isn't cheap

If you don't want to pay you can just read the summary on MMO Champ's front page and wait a couple of hours for recordings to hit youtube, completely for free

$40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.

Deleted
    Yeah I really want to buy it too because I'm not playing atm and want to see if I get sucked in. But £25 quite expensive

Deleted
    Should probably be free tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    A WoW in-game pet, a StarCraft2 portrait, a Hearthstone card, and a Diablo3 banner. Those will be worth 5x in a few years?

OP: yes, IMO it is a bit overpriced.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They charge for it to offset Blizzcon's cost so that they can actually justify running the event to shareholders, hiring and filling a convention hall isn't cheap
    Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.

With 40 bucks you can get 3 month of subscription, not a year+.

But still 40$ is waaaaay overpriced. I for myself am interested in the WCS FInals of SC2, which i can luckily get streamed somewhere else. If your interest just goes towards the wow News, it is not worth it in my eyes.
    Maybe you can get a friend who baught it to stream it via twitch or something?

Or you just wait 1 day, then you can find it all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post

Compared to the expansion itself which is sometimes even cheaper and lasts longer? Not too mention you can't play the game if you don't pay unlike the stream which is just info and is available after the event.

Considering if i want to watch some event live that i cant attend/can't afford i have to pay 1.99 to watch it, it is extremely overpriced

15+ Year Old Account
    40 bucks mehhh...is a good price if u cant attend the event which is double that priice of 40 dollars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Is the Blizzcon stream too expensive?
    Hell yes... and it's something of a tragedy is that some people feed that beast with money and thereby encourage it.

The whole idea of a video game company getting customers to show up and pay for a giant promotional of their video games is crazy, to me. And then, people paying cash simply to view a stream of it is like... what planet am I on, this is embarrassing, kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Compared to the expansion itself which is sometimes even cheaper and lasts longer? Not too mention you can't play the game if you don't pay unlike the stream which is just info and is available after the event.
    FFS quit whining. Don't buy it if $40 is too expensive to you.

i agree with this guy

i bought x2 the ticket during 2010 stream because i was afraid i needed to stream on two Comps (didn't consider the fact that i could use the same login -.-")
    ended up selling the pet for 150$
    so yeah.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    With 40 bucks you can get 3 month of subscription, not a year+.

But still 40$ is waaaaay overpriced. I for myself am interested in the WCS FInals of SC2, which i can luckily get streamed somewhere else. If your interest just goes towards the wow News, it is not worth it in my eyes.
    Maybe you can get a friend who baught it to stream it via twitch or something?

Or you just wait 1 day, then you can find it all here.
    You can watch the tournaments for free @ blizzcon site.

Look at it this way you are paying $40 for 2 days worth of information and panels and videos, for someone like me I'm going to watch most of it because i'm interested in it. a typical movie these days runs between 2 1/2 to 3 hours for on average $10 dollars so I think the $40 is a reasonable price compared to what they could charge or compared to what they do charge for attending the event itself. Stop complaining, if you only want it for one thing wait for that info to come out after the panel is over cause we all know it will be on the front page in no time at all. I think the $40 is going to be worth it if you actually watch something other than the what's next panel.

Deleted
    I agree. Before the virtual tickets were available, I had no chance to watch the event and also had to buy the goodie bags that were given out on Blizzcon to get the pets etc. (which did cost about 10 times as much every single year).
    So no, I don't think it's too expensive.