Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Good point, though I'd say the Legion's arrival would be postponed at best. Remember, there'd be a demon-possessed Medivh still running about if he hadn't tipped his hand too early with the whole unleashing-the-Horde-upon-Azeroth.
    You know, it's awfully suspicious that Kil'jaeden's plans with the orcs concluded just when Sargeras' plans required them to be available and left them in a condition most suitable for Sargeras' purposes. It's also suspicious that the Legion's plans for killing and resurrecting Kel'Thuzad as a Lich left the Sunwell corrupted, un-warded and in perfect condition for Kil'jaeden to use it as a portal several years later.

I can't tell if it's excellent writing by Blizzard to showcase the Xanatos like efficiency of the Legion or if they just got lucky.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    You know, it's awfully suspicious that Kil'jaeden's plans with the orcs concluded just when Sargeras' plans required them to be available and left them in a condition most suitable for Sargeras' purposes. It's also suspicious that the Legion's plans for killing and resurrecting Kel'Thuzad as a Lich left the Sunwell corrupted, un-warded and in perfect condition for Kil'jaeden to use it as a portal several years later.

I can't tell if it's excellent writing by Blizzard to showcase the Xanatos like efficiency of the Legion or if they just got lucky.
    Eh, I reckon the orc thing was pretty much "Damnit I need an unstoppable army of maniacs who don't have the drawback of having to be summoned magically one by one..." "Uh... boss, I sort of left these green guys... well, they're green now anyhow, they're on this planet that they ruined because I wanted them to murder my ex-kinsmen in the face."

As for the rest, at least the bits orchestrated by Kil'jaeden in a cool, calculating manner might have been parts of an overarching plan. Including the Scourge-goes-berserk-if-Lich-King-dies thing. He did after all send Illidan to destroy the Frozen Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    If I were a forum moderator, I'd go through deleting the craziest 'leaks' that anyone posts just to freak people out and start debates... Then i'd sit back and watch the show
    this site is a firm supporter of Blizzard so no longer supports NDA leaks here. so they get removed at blizzard's request. I am sure some staff at MMO Champ know info that we dont know publicly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    Would you travel to the past and kill Hitler as a child, if you could?
    The forsaken might have their own plans, but the idea of traveling in time must be most interesting.
    The forsaken would be the most interested in traveling to the past and somehow plot to avoid their tragedy.
    avoiding what happen to them, they would never joined the Horde. keep that in mind.

if Nurzul never went Lich King, the Forsaken story wouldnt have existed since Lorderon wouldnt have been destroyed by arthas. Remember if you played WC3 that Nurzul chose Arthas to be his body for a while. But no Lich King, than that would not have happen.

Forsaken are former Alliance members converted into undead. those events would never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, though I'd say the Legion's arrival would be postponed at best. Remember, there'd be a demon-possessed Medivh still running about if he hadn't tipped his hand too early with the whole unleashing-the-Horde-upon-Azeroth.
    the Lich King Nurzul stated that he chose Arthas to be his body vestal, so he tried to bait Arthas to Northrend in order to turn him into his Death Knight Champion, and then into his body. Go back and Play WC3 if you dont believe me.

This cant happen if Nurzul was never the lich king.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

15+ Year Old Account
    So if this is real, and it's an alternate timeline.
    Would it be possible that Wrathion helps Garrosh to escape in to alternate past time line so he would gather the "Iron Horde", and have some plans to manipulate them to be main cannon fodder when the legion comes?

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post

problem with this theory is that his death and rez was planned by Nurzul, who hated the Legion, but wanted to turn their tactics against them. the Lich King's plan was to cause mass death and rez them as his army to destroy the Legion. Go read WC3 if you need proof of this.

the scorge at Sunwell were trying to prevent Kil Jaden from being summoned into Azeroth, because he would target them as his goal. Archimonde on the other hand had no idea that the Scorge had betrayed him since he figured they did what they were told to do.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    the Lich King Nurzul stated that he chose Arthas to be his body vestal, so he tried to bait Arthas to Northrend in order to turn him into his Death Knight Champion, and then into his body. Go back and Play WC3 if you dont believe me.

This cant happen if Nurzul was never the lich king.
    Which is sort of beside the point. Without the convenient option of having the Horde ready for slaughter, Sargeras in Medivh's body would likely have spent a longer time syphoning the energies from Karazhan, then opened a massive portal directly into the Twisting Nether, allowing the Burning Legion to attack a weakened Azeroth.

We know it would have been weakened, before someone comes up with something like but-the-human-kingdoms-were-pals. The Bronze Dragonflight representative in the Black Morass dungeon explains this. Without the Horde's rampage to band them together, the Alliance would never have formed. They would eventually begin fighting among themselves - easy pickings for a massive demonic army.

Eh, I reckon the orc thing was pretty much "Damnit I need an unstoppable army of maniacs who don't have the drawback of having to be summoned magically one by one..." "Uh... boss, I sort of left these green guys... well, they're green now anyhow, they're on this planet that they ruined because I wanted them to murder my ex-kinsmen in the face."

As for the rest, at least the bits orchestrated by Kil'jaeden in a cool, calculating manner might have been parts of an overarching plan. Including the Scourge-goes-berserk-if-Lich-King-dies thing. He did after all send Illidan to destroy the Frozen Throne.
    pure Speculation, but I believe that Ghost that was telling us there must always be a lich king, was the Lich King Nurzul himself disguised as the king's ghost.
    because if this was really the case than why didnt Kil jaden destroy him in the first place when he had the chance before the betrayal?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is sort of beside the point. Without the convenient option of having the Horde ready for slaughter, Sargeras in Medivh's body would likely have spent a longer time syphoning the energies from Karazhan, then opened a massive portal directly into the Twisting Nether, allowing the Burning Legion to attack a weakened Azeroth.

We know it would have been weakened, before someone comes up with something like but-the-human-kingdoms-were-pals. The Bronze Dragonflight representative in the Black Morass dungeon explains this. Without the Horde's rampage to band them together, the Alliance would never have formed. They would eventually begin fighting among themselves - easy pickings for a massive demonic army.

keep in mind that still has nothing to do with Arthas going DK/LK.

Also if that were to happen, keep in mind, that the Aspects and the Elfs would have come to fight. We would have the Sundering War 2. I dont know why they didnt get involved into the second war, but this could be the push they need.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    Also if that were to happen, keep in mind, that the Aspects and the Elfs would have come to fight. We would have the Sundering War 2. I dont know why they didnt get involved into the second war, but this could be the push they need.
    You mean the Aspects who would still be powerless because the Demon Soul would not have been destroyed without the Dragonmaw actually finding it in the first place?

We know Azeroth would have been desolated. We know it, because a Bronze Dragonflight representative directly states it. There's no buts or ifs; it would have been destroyed. Arguing with that is like arguing that if Thrall had died in infancy, everything would be fiiiiine. We know that's not the case, because we were shown an alternate timeline where that exact thing happened in Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects.

avoiding what happen to them, they would never joined the Horde. keep that in mind.

if Nurzul never went Lich King, the Forsaken story wouldnt have existed since Lorderon wouldnt have been destroyed by arthas. Remember if you played WC3 that Nurzul chose Arthas to be his body for a while. But no Lich King, than that would not have happen.

Forsaken are former Alliance members converted into undead. those events would never happen.
    Yeah, because the Forsaken are famous about caring being part of the Horde. And for loving being rotten corpses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    Yeah, because the Forsaken are famous about caring being part of the Horde. And for loving being rotten corpses.
    That's actually an interesting thought. The Forsaken could change their own fate. That's the one part I like about that time-traveling idea. What will it do to our heroes, to know they can change so many bad things. The corruption of the orcs seems to be a very important point in WoW history. Like November 12th 1955.

Think about it. If the orcs never drink the blood of Mannoroth, it changes the fate of almost every race in the Alliance and the Horde. The humans still have their kingdoms intact. The Night Elves are still immortal. The Worgen are still human, because Arugal never summons the Worgen. The Forsaken are still human because there's no Scourge. The Blood Elves would still all be High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did someone actually post what was leaked recently?

Credit to Eronote.
    Credit to Shiri for Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjuice32 View Post
    It's on page 4

ye theres nothing there

Just because the title of the expansion --may be-- Warlords of Draenor doesn't necessarily mean the expansion takes place on Draenor. It was never confirmed that Argus was destroyed, just that the draenei fled from it when Archimonde and crew joined up with Sargeras. There is a good chance that if Argus is still out there, it is a Burning Legion stronghold. This definitely could be an expansion which takes place on Argus, which would be immensely preferable to all this time travel crap if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjuice32 View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Leak-Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Blandar View Post
    Why would that mean that?... Arthas becoming a death knight has NOTHING to do with the horde, it was all to do with Kel'thuzad unleashing the plague on Stratholme as ordered by Mal'ganis and Arthas wanting him to pay for killing humans, that's why he picks up Frostmourne, for more power, to begin with it was so that he could protect his people but then it becomes for revenge and then he gets corrupted by the voice of Ner'zhul...
    If the Horde never came to Azeroth in the first war there would be no Paladins, and no Alliance. Ner'zhul would never have become the Lich King, the Scourge and the plague would never have existed. Arthas would never have been corrupted.

No new race or class is fine with me as long as they do "something" to evolve our characters other than leveling...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, the front page gives it away.

Thrall is teh villain. He finds out about all the CoT instances, kills Nozdormu for creating the Infinites, then goes back in time to lead the Demon Horde against Azeroth so that Garrosh won't turn evil.

Boub u sly doge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone keeps pushing this to the front page with fake accs, it's pretty pathetic. Someone have a major issue with SoL?
    For the record, the original post was on the official forums, not on SoL.

Deleted
    Kinda digging the idea to be honest. More then any other alternatives to this so far.