Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelorzi View Post

DeathKnight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

Could it be?
    did the draenei fix the exodar?

are we taking a spaceship to draenor?
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    did the draenei fix the exodar?

are we taking a spaceship to draenor?
    Actually yeah, they did the fix the exodar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Actually yeah, they did the fix the exodar.
    Yup. In Velen's leader story, they were in fact threatening to leave Azeroth with it.

Of course, if they fix it as well as they pilot it...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by me in another thread
    the warlords could possibly be burning legion affiliated

they could be Eredar generals overseeing the creation of vast leagues of burning legion armies, gearing up for the charge to azeroth.

might find that turalyon and alleria have been trapped on the remnants of draenor and working with some home-grown resistance, they then discover a vital part of the invasion plan that can be thwarted and make a return to azeroth to rally the troops - the best defence is a good offence style.

somehow i don't see us time-travelling back to old draenor, so i'd rather speculate on current timeline possibilities.
    i posted this is another thread, because i have to question something...

how the hell are we supposed to get to draenor BEFORE the dark portal is built? if we travel back in time i mean... we either have to time travel from outland, or we have to stargate wormhole our way through a sun. i don't think time travel is plausible, unless somehow someone punches a hole through the space time continuum.

continuing on from our current time-line, flying the exodar there might be a more plausible solution, it's either that or we build a second dark portal powered by jaina or something.

it's much more plausible imo, to visit the remnants of draenor - outland is essentially a piece of draenor and the rest is supposedly destroyed, but we don't know that for sure. the remnants of draenor could well be burning legion controlled and the launching point for the pending invasion

how the hell are we supposed to get to draenor BEFORE the dark portal is built? if we travel back in time i mean... we either have to time travel from outland, or we have to stargate wormhole our way through a sun. i don't think time travel is plausible, unless somehow someone punches a hole through the space time continuum.

continuing on from our current time-line, flying the exodar there might be a more plausible solution, it's either that or we build a second dark portal powered by jaina or something.

it's much more plausible imo, to visit the remnants of draenor - outland is essentially a piece of draenor and the rest is supposedly destroyed, but we don't know that for sure. the remnants of draenor could well be burning legion controlled and the launching point for the pending invasion
    It would make sense to me that we are going to some existing fragments of Draenor, rather than the Draenor of the past. There would be less time travel confusion, for sure.

That being said, in a fantasy world - If you can make us travel through time on a whim you can probably zip us between planets as well, Dark Portal notwithstanding.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Arguing over the plausibility of time-paradoxes in a game that has talking werewolfs, orcs, goblins, dragons, spaceships, vikings, magic, elves, cow people, monkey people, fish people, fungus people, and tons of other stuff... is well, kind of pointless?

Relax! The game will be fun even if Stephen Hawking says this isn't possible.
    Last edited by Conbot; 2013-11-05 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is tripping me up about this whole deal is that it is more than likely a time-travel expansion with another Hellscream as a main antagonist. People can say what they want about it, like it doesn't have to be that way or this or that. But my logic is if the 1 poster got the name right, why would he not get the info correct as well. 2 Orc centered expansion sounds cool to y'all? With time traveling where lore can literally not mean anything at all and possibly squash all the lore we have been invested in for years?

I do not care what the name the damn game just don't make it time travel and about Grom.. like at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Grom_Hellscream

Grommash "Grom" Hellscream was the chieftain of the Warsong clan, and best friend and chief advisor to Warchief Thrall. He was the first orc who drank the blood of Mannoroth the Destructor[1], thus binding the Horde to the Burning Legion — and he would eventually pay the ultimate price to free himself and his people from the curse.

I give this a plausible.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    It would make sense to me that we are going to some existing fragments of Draenor, rather than the Draenor of the past. There would be less time travel confusion, for sure.

That being said, in a fantasy world - If you can make us travel through time on a whim you can probably zip us between planets as well, Dark Portal notwithstanding.
    iirc, someone in this thread said that the bronze dragonflight only had the ability to manipulate the time-ways of azeroth, their connection to outland was born when medivh opened the dark portal and the orcs came through.

so the bronze dragonflight don't have control over the entire space time continuum - so they can't space/time portal us there.

medivh, guardian of tirisfal, quite possibly the biggest badass mage on azeroth opened the dark portal - but it also required there to be another portal at the other end to receive this connection... so again, unless we're expected on draenor and there's a portal there just waiting for us to connect to, how the hell are we supposed to get there...

the exodar! didn't they leave draenor originally because they couldn't fight the armies of the legion? the might of the horde and alliance have already proved their ability to repel the burning legion and with the exodar fixed, why wouldn't they try to reclaim their homeland... shattered though it may be, surely they would want to liberate and cleanse their homeland.

it'd do a lot for the draenei lore tbh, they've not had much love

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Arguing over the plausibility of time-paradoxes in a game that has talking werewolfs, orcs, goblins, dragons, spaceships, vikings, magic, elves, cow people, monkey people, fish people, fungus people, and tons of other stuff... is well, kind of pointless?

Relax! The game will be fun even if Stephen Hawking says this is possible.
    It may be a fantasy game, but people expect some level of continuity and plausibility with the story. I know for certain that the game will be fun, as MoP has proven to me.
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snuglz View Post
    2 Orc centered expansion sounds cool to y'all?
    I'm taking it with a grain of salt. My guess is orcs kick this one off, but I don't think it will be orc centric. This will be a Burning Legion expansion for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

It may be a fantasy game, but people expect some level of continuity and plausibility with the story. I know for certain that the game will be fun, as MoP has proven to me.
    Oh yes, i expect it too.

I'm just saying that potential time paradoxes do not invalidate this leak.

iirc, someone in this thread said that the bronze dragonflight only had the ability to manipulate the time-ways of azeroth, their connection to outland was born when medivh opened the dark portal and the orcs came through.

so the bronze dragonflight don't have control over the entire space time continuum - so they can't space/time portal us there.

medivh, guardian of tirisfal, quite possibly the biggest badass mage on azeroth opened the dark portal - but it also required there to be another portal at the other end to receive this connection... so again, unless we're expected on draenor and there's a portal there just waiting for us to connect to, how the hell are we supposed to get there...

the exodar! didn't they leave draenor originally because they couldn't fight the armies of the legion? the might of the horde and alliance have already proved their ability to repel the burning legion and with the exodar fixed, why wouldn't they try to reclaim their homeland... shattered though it may be, surely they would want to liberate and cleanse their homeland.

it'd do a lot for the draenei lore tbh, they've not had much love
    I really love the concept of retaking fragments of Draenor - The one thing I can't see is the Horde and Alliance cozying up on a spaceship ride together. Haha. Maybe there will be some pressing reason for both factions to go.

I really love the concept of retaking fragments of Draenor - The one thing I can't see is the Horde and Alliance cozying up on a spaceship ride together. Haha. Maybe there will be some pressing reason for both factions to go.
    yea, i did think to myself and chuckled at the thought.

but seriously though, you wouldn't have to take a horde and alliance contingent. you could just send through a team of crack troops on a scouting mission, they then set up a dark portal V2 for us to connect to.

then the alliance and horde could use the "new" portal to get to draenor, without having to huddle up on a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    I'm taking it with a grain of salt. My guess is orcs kick this one off, but I don't think it will be orc centric. This will be a Burning Legion expansion for sure.
    I don't think we will see a lot Burning Legion here aside from Gul'Dan and co.
    IMO This expansion will be about Draenor(new world) Orc Clans, Draenei, Opening of the Dark Portal from the other side, Human Kingdoms, Dwarfs, i.e about good old warcraft from 90th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    I don't think we will see a lot Burning Legion here aside from Gul'Dan and co.
    IMO This will be expansion about Draenor(new world) Orc Clans, Draenei, Opening of the Dark Portal from the other side, Human Kingdoms, Dwarfs, i.e about good old warcraft from 90th.
    IDK if people can be denied the Legion at this point.. If this Draenor expansion isnt about the legion in some big way.. people are going to be pissed that all we are doing is being side tracked by time travel crap. which then again is another filler expansion before we get some real lore that actually effect the world..

Time travel? I seem to remember Nozdormu losing his powers at the end of Cataclysm. Has this been touched upon in MoP? No clue, never played it, my brother leveled my characters to 90 and didn't bother with lore.

10+ Year Old Account

Just a thought... At ComicCon San Diego, When talking about the World of Warcraft Visual Guide, someone said that it was ready for release but they were waiting because there was potential spoilers in it. So I ordered it and got it on release day. I poured over it and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. BUT..... There is a nugget of info that relates to this in it and I just went and grabbed it to double check it. Actually two factoids....

Factoid 1) Page 100, top left corner first sentence..
    The Exodar is actually a cross-dimensional ship, originally part of Tempest Keep on the shattered world of Outland.
    Note: CROSS-DIMENSIONAL

Factoid 2) Page 96 bottom left corner, middle of paragraph.
    It has since been repaired, and is now fully capable of leaving Azeroth at any time.
    Sub-section is about the Exodar and it is in the Section about Prophet Velen.

- - - Updated - - -

yea, i did think to myself and chuckled at the thought.

but seriously though, you wouldn't have to take a horde and alliance contingent. you could just send through a team of crack troops on a scouting mission, they then set up a dark portal V2 for us to connect to.

then the alliance and horde could use the "new" portal to get to draenor, without having to huddle up on a spaceship.
    Look to the windchimes.....
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Just a thought... At ComicCon San Diego, When talking about the World of Warcraft Visual Guide, someone said that it was ready for release but they were waiting because there was potential spoilers in it. So I ordered it and got it on release day. I poured over it and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. BUT..... There is a nugget of info that relates to this in it and I just went and grabbed it to double check it. Actually two factoids....

Factoid 1) Page 100, top left corner first sentence..

Note: CROSS-DIMENSIONAL

Factoid 2) Page 96 bottom left corner, middle of paragraph.

Sub-section is about the Exodar and it is in the Section about Prophet Velen.

- - - Updated - - -

Look to the windchimes.....
    Nice find!

Here's another possibility that other people have brought up: If we are traveling through space on the Exodar, we are technically travelling on a ship from Draenor. What if, for example, we were going to wage war on Argus? We would be the Warlords of Draenor. We wouldn't even have to go to Draenor.

Chew on that for a bit. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    Time travel? I seem to remember Nozdormu losing his powers at the end of Cataclysm. Has this been touched upon in MoP? No clue, never played it, my brother leveled my characters to 90 and didn't bother with lore.
    time travel can still happen

after the fall of deathwing all the Dragon Aspects were diminished, but they are all still very powerful (just not immortal demi-gods anymore)
    because of this, the bronzeflight can still manipulate time a little bit, but can not really see what's going on in the timeways anymore
    this is explained more or less on the Timeless isle.

the bronzeflight's visions of the past and future are blurred, and they need help from humanoids like us to gather materials to amplify their time-wimey magiks. and they also need our help to do timey-wimey... stuff.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuglz View Post
    IDK if people can be denied the Legion at this point.. If this Draenor expansion isnt about the legion in some big way.. people are going to be pissed that all we are doing is being side tracked by time travel crap. which then again is another filler expansion before we get some real lore that actually effect the world..
    I think the Legion will be very present...in the present. I think the framing device for the time travel will a Legion invasion of Outland which forces us to go back in time to prevent the corruption of the Orcs and the destruction of Draenor. In the past I imagine it will be more low-key: dealing with the Shadow Council rather than infernals falling from the sky everywhere.