Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Just putting this out there first; I fully believe WoD is the next expansion for WoW.

BUT. The reason people believe that is because the Mobile App existed before MoP was an expansion, yet when MoP was trademarked, there was no line that included mobile devices. That is a new line that has not been in the previous trademarks.

HOWEVER, handheld computers and laptops fall into that category. So it's kind of a moot point.
    Laptops also existed before MoP. I mean why would they trademark that category just because the game can be played on laptops? Diablo and SC2 can be played on laptops. I doubt trademarks have to include that just because their games can play on laptops. I think that category is for when there is an exclusive version of the game for certain mobile devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called speculation & looking at all angles, there no one denying WoD isn't a legit trademark. It is a legit Trademark, but where is the proof its a WoW Xpac??
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-05 at 04:45 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

What if it's a prequel WC4? There's tons of demand for a fourth Warcraft RTS, but the problem is making it work with WoW, which has its own ongoing storyline. Warlords of Draenor could be an RTS set in Draenor before the First War. It could probably set up some new lore to develop in WoW as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Indeed.

Also note that the trademark mentions physical disks. If handheld means Hearthstone, disk means Expansion V.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they fear that WoD will indeed be the time travel leaks people keep pulling out of their asses.
    Heroes of the Storm also mentions Game discs & its apprently a MOBA , oh I mean a BOBA (Blizzard Online Battle Arena) .
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-05 at 04:46 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Hearthstone is still in BETA. Why all the Xpac talks for a game the General Public can't even play?
    Apparently they think this leak could be just a card deck/pack for hearthstone despite it clearly being a full game or expansion that has been trademarked.

Obviously Warlords of Draenor is the expansion pack to Warcraft 6

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Because people will find every single excuse to rage at Blizzard instead of playing the fucking game!
    I will play game coz I love all blizzard games no matter what are they all about;
    but all those rehashed outland aka draenor and again orcs and garrosh as boss makes no sence(as ppl so hard claiming in those wod leaks) and there so much whine about it, how shit reused contents are

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I wouldn't say it's not good. Getting people talking is the point of the forums and I personally find it rather interesting to see some of the stuff that people come up with. There has been times when the fan written stuff is more interesting sounding then the stuff Blizz puts out.

I find it cool to see how people take certain information and then come up with their ideas.
    But when it raises peoples' hopes and expectations to a level that Blizzard can't possibly attain?

The rampant speculation is bad. We saw it with games like AC3 and DA2. Speculation and repeatedly raised hopes through "leaks," and speculation, both of which is happening here quite alarmingly, dashed those games to the ground before they even had a chance. They were both great games for what they were. Certainly could've been better, but they were fine. And what do we hear about them? They sucked, because they didn't play to people's unreasonably expectations.

The same thing is happening now. And so many people are dead set on it being the expansion and about time travel. What if it isn't? Blizzard will literally have WW3 because of it.

Hearthstone is still in BETA. Why all the Xpac talks for a game the General Public can't even play?
    It's a card game and is, for all intents and purposes, finished. Card games generally release new cards and packs every few months or so. Wouldn't surprise me if it was for Hearthstone, because that's how card games work. Content for them is released fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Indeed.

Also note that the trademark mentions physical disks. If handheld means Hearthstone, disk means Expansion V.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they fear that WoD will indeed be the time travel leaks people keep pulling out of their asses.
    What if it isn't though? I'm not saying it isn't the next expansion, but read what you're saying. You're all but dead set in your mind that WoD is the next expansion, and it is about time travel. How pissed are you going to be if Blizzard reveals the next expansion and it isn't about time travel or even isn't WoD at all?

I'm in both camps, I'm not denying the possibility of it being for Hearthstone or heroes of the storm, but at the same time I cant fully believe it's X5. Everything is so wishy washy and all the trolls have made it hard to really figure out what is happening.

So Ill just hang out until Friday and get the truth from Blizzard. Until then, EVERYTHING is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Except blizzard said they are discontinuing the TCG.

edit: because I know someone will come along and say "source please":

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10734217
    Apologies, I didn't realize Blizzard said anything about that... I don't follow TCG news, but thanks for the clarification, but my point remains -- it could be anything .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    But when it raises peoples' hopes and expectations to a level that Blizzard can't possibly attain?

The rampant speculation is bad. We saw it with games like AC3 and DA2. Speculation and repeatedly raised hopes through "leaks," and speculation, both of which is happening here quite alarmingly, dashed those games to the ground before they even had a chance. They were both great games for what they were. Certainly could've been better, but they were fine. And what do we hear about them? They sucked, because they didn't play to people's unreasonably expectations.

The same thing is happening now. And so many people are dead set on it being the expansion and about time travel. What if it isn't? Blizzard will literally have WW3 because of it.

It's a card game and is, for all intents and purposes, finished. Card games generally release new cards and packs every few months or so. Wouldn't surprise me if it was for Hearthstone, because that's how card games work. Content for them is released fast.

What if it isn't though? I'm not saying it isn't the next expansion, but read what you're saying. You're all but dead set in your mind that WoD is the next expansion, and it is about time travel. How pissed are you going to be if Blizzard reveals the next expansion and it isn't about time travel or even isn't WoD at all?
    It can't be a card deck for hearthstone if it's actually going to be on a physical disc. It can't be a proper expansion for it either because the game isn't even out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. Apparently this line:

"Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile or cellurar phones, laptops, handheld computers and tablet PCs"

Means it's for Hearthsone.

But isn't there a WoW Mobile App? Where you can like talk to guildies and w/e. Wouldn't that be a piece of "downloadable electronic game software for use on a portable device?"

I know this is a very simple question, I just can't seem to place a place to put in with the 20857871061085 speculation posts/threads.
    It doesn't mention mousepads as the trademark for Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria did. But then again, three more days..

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    Why does it have to be a WoW expansion?
    Because it needs to be trademarked before they announce it obviously. With 3 days until Blizzcon, there isn't much time left to register something else. They already did that pretty much at the last minute to keep it secret as long as they could.

Deleted
    Not sure why you had to make a seperate thread about it, in the WoW / General Discussion forums no less.

You do make a good point. But its one we already read before since it was one shared in previous thread.

We'll know more in the weekend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    It can't be a card deck for hearthstone if it's actually going to be on a physical disc. It can't be a proper expansion for it either because the game isn't even out yet.
    It can be on game discs if they put out collector's editions with codes that'll unlock cards ingame. Then again at this point I don't think it's Hearthstone.

I'm not sure they would change the name of hearthstone at this point. It doesn't seem like a good business strategy. WOD definitely doesn't HAVE to be a wow expansion though, it could easily be a Warcraft rts game.

This. A Million times, this. I see it suggested so much on this site I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    Apologies, I didn't realize Blizzard said anything about that... I don't follow TCG news, but thanks for the clarification, but my point remains -- it could be anything .
    People said MoP would be a book.

Just because a Game is int he Beta doesn't mean they cant go ahead an plan for the future. The game is pretty much done. There will probably only be one(MAYBE two) big balance changes left and even then it wont change to much. If Blizzard already knows what it wants to do next with the game they can easily start preparing for it now, just like they do with WoW expansions.

Why do people keep saying WoD has to be World of Warcraft?