Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It has always been legit, whether or not it's the next xpac is the question.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Because people complained that "MoP" was random, when in fact this is more random than MoP. I knew we would get pandas at one point, I didn't think we would get an expansion that revolves around going to the past.

More people will complain about this on Friday I guarantee
    Ignores response. Continues bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    No, it's called nostalgia. Look it up.
    it amounts to the same thing, 'we loved something in the past but we will not tolerate reincorporating it back into the present because to do so would either a) confront us with the that fact that what we loved in the past was not as good as we remembered it, or b) the method of its incorporation will be altered from our memory, and both options are intolerable to us.'
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-05 at 06:07 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is what I hope to see! This is how I could go from disliking it to loving it. No 'time-traveling to the past' shit, no milking old, dead and fan-favorite characters. I want to go to the real Draenor. I want it to be the real, mostly intact planet, with a chunk missing, which is the chunk we call 'Outland'.

Something like: [

Glad someone else has the same thought! /salute
    I think that idea is great, and I too hope it would go this way; but I wouldn't hold my breath. It is the best idea for going back; but I don't see it happening tbh. I think it could work, since isn't Outland about the size of one of the vanilla continents? It would be like one continent being blown off the planet; and if we assume they are similar size, that leave a vast amount of land left, just as there is a large percentage of Azeroth yet unexplored.

I'm hoping for a Burning Crusade expansion, but I'm still in doubt.
    The trademark doesn't mention anything about manuals, which usually follow with WoW expansions.
    Sooooooo

If the time traveling thing is not true, then I can easily accept it, if it is a Legion-based storyline, because we'd still be progressing instead of going backwards or stagnating. We could fight Kil'Jaeden there. Etcetera.

And the huge annoyance is also that time traveling is really, really unnecessary, when we know and realize that there is enough of Draenor left, floating (in the form of a planet with a chunk the shape of Outland out of it) around in the Nether that they could use. There is just no need to use time-travel to go back to Draenor. There is enough material left for us to go to non-Outland, true Draenor.

Another pic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is what I hope to see! This is how I could go from disliking it to loving it. No 'time-traveling to the past' shit, no milking old, dead and fan-favorite characters. I want to go to the real Draenor. I want it to be the real, mostly intact planet, with a chunk missing, which is the chunk we call 'Outland'.

Something like:

Glad someone else has the same thought! /salute
    And my nighmares continue. God damn you Yarathir

<--Has a big fear of space!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And my nighmares continue. God damn you Yarathir

<--Has a big fear of space!

<Thrall voice> Sorry, friend. I did not intend to scare you.

EDIT: Oh man, the 'true space age' (if you and I experience it) will really suck for you, in that case.

Exactly

But defend the game to it's death people, it might come sooner than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ignores response. Continues bitching.
    No I did not.

If you don't know what specifically hinted at different expansions, look it up.
    Everything you need is on the Internet

To prove I know the hints I'll tell you one. In TBC Sinestra revealed deathwimg was still alive and planning something. Two expansions later, boom.

Hints follow 2 expansions cycle, or apparently did.

Wooooooooooooooooooo. This expansion title sounds so epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So maybe this'll quiet down all the naysayers saying it's just a fake to throw us off. However I know people won't be satisfied til blizzcon.
    I guess the question is still if it's the next WoW expansion or if it has something to do with Hearthstone. There are certain things that might indicate that it's connected to HS and not WoW. If you take a look at the trademark you'll notice that it doesn't say anything about game manuals etc. Which all the previous trademarks for WoW did. It also mentions "software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs" which fits HS a lot better than WoW.

Hints follow 2 expansions cycle, or apparently did.
    Then the conclusion to Cataclysm was your hint for the possibility of the expansion following Mists of Pandaria having time travel.

Cool. You just pulled a rule out of your ass and it didn't matter because there has been more than enough time travel in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    I suspect another Horde heavy storyline. Great, just what we needed.
    What.... The.... Hell... Seriously, every time I hear this, I start having my suspicions that this is an on-going WoW Meme similar to Half Life 3 confirmed! Seriously... Are Alliance players that insecure or something?

Does every single alliance player has some secret desire of being the noble and proud defender of justice who fight the evil orcs... Isn't that what you want? Or do you want an expansion called "The Admirals of Kul'Tiras"? Seriously, there is a BIG chance that Alleria and Turalyon will finally appear. Sheesh.

15+ Year Old Account
    It worked for Marty McFly in Back the Future

damn I can't delete. I meant to quote someone but it didn't work.
    Last edited by keylime; 2013-11-05 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Then the conclusion to Cataclysm was your hint for the possibility of the expansion following Mists of Pandaria having time travel.

Cool. You just pulled a rule out of your ass and it didn't matter because there has been more than enough time travel in WoW.
    No cataclysm did not hint at time travel as the theme. They did not say at anytime we might have to go back and change things.

Azshara and N'Zoth where hinted at. With your thought process if anything is in 2 expansions before, it could be a expansion canidate

Looking more and more legit but we will have to wait and see. All i know is come blizzcon aslong as its not the dark below i have someone who was VERY smug and talked about how he would rub it in our faces we were wrong i need to PM and return the favor .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ

No cataclysm did not hint at time travel as the theme. They did not say at anytime we might have to go back and change things.

Azshara and N'Zoth where hinted at. With your thought process if anything is in 2 expansions before, it could be a expansion canidate
    No, that was simply my thought process filtered through the rule you pulled out of your ass.

My actual thought process is that time travel has been a thing in WoW since TBC and has never stopped being a thing. In fact it has grown in importance with Cataclysm and is proven still relevant by the Timeless Isle.

The "December 2014" in one of those images for the next expansion makes me sad, if that's true. God damn I hope it isn't. Hope none of it is TBH, the theme doesn't really excite me much, but I'll wait and see.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account

In fairness we know that Nozdormu lost his power so if we're going to be nitpicky and technical. We kind of new the timewalker thing was going to come. This is all assuming we'll be time traveling though again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    The "December 2014" in one of those images for the next expansion makes me sad, if that's true. God damn I hope it isn't. Hope none of it is TBH, the theme doesn't really excite me much, but I'll wait and see.
    What makes me really think those pics are fake are two things. One December of the next year seems way too long seeing as they have talked up how much faster they can go with more people now on the team. I was thinking late summer/early fall at the latest next year unless they plan to add a new raid tier in 5.5 or something i cant see them make us do OVER a year of SoO. Secondly correct me if i am wrong but i dont ever remember them having a release date announced at blizzcon only maybe a eta down to a quarter but never the exact month.