Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    happy to see its official. pity it is probably going to be another orc focused expansion.
    it is. Orc and Draenei... to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Envojus View Post
    What.... The.... Hell... Seriously, every time I hear this, I start having my suspicions that this is an on-going WoW Meme similar to Half Life 3 confirmed! Seriously... Are Alliance players that insecure or something?

Does every single alliance player has some secret desire of being the noble and proud defender of justice who fight the evil orcs... Isn't that what you want? Or do you want an expansion called "The Admirals of Kul'Tiras"? Seriously, there is a BIG chance that Alleria and Turalyon will finally appear. Sheesh.
    Well, to be fair, having Thrall's picture on all the promo materials does indicate high orc activity.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    it is. Orc and Draenei... to be expected.
    Aslong as the Draenei get some lore love it will be worth it. I find it funny all the Worgen fans are upset they havent had much lore love since early on in Cata while the Draenei have been in the cold since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Well, to be fair, having Thrall's picture on all the promo materials does indicate high orc activity.
    What promo materials? All anyone has seen are the big generic WoW banners out front of the convention center, and anyone expecting them to spill the beans that way is honestly pretty dim.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    What promo materials? All anyone has seen are the big generic WoW banners out front of the convention center, and anyone expecting them to spill the beans that way is honestly pretty dim.
    If you look at the front page the banners for the beta options the WoW one went from a MoP one to Thrall. Not saying its anything major but it could be a subtle hint and to deny it is trying to stick ones head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Well there's also the thing on the battlent website.. which isn't exactly a promo I suppose but still why is he the face of WoW?
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping this expansion works with Velen's prophecy in some way. I doubt they would focus so heavily on Horde this run, but then, Orcs != the Horde... check out that Magtheridon's Lair (or even the whole Hellfire Citadel, orcs yes, but not much to do with Horde). As stated, Draenor is quite tied to Draenei, and I hope blizz is at least trying to bring them into the focus.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Changed my opinion. At first, I was like "meh" about Draenor. Didn't hate it -- I just found it bearable.

Now, if they are willing to go with what I mentioned before, which was going to Draenor (in the present), with it being a planet with a chunk (current 'Outland') missing from it, where we fight the Burning Legion further and eventually defeat Kil'Jaeden, I'll love it.

However, if they go with the time-traveling idea, I'll still hate it. So.. it's quite the wait for me now. Either I get an expansion I hate (time traveling), love, or an expansion no-one expects and one I could still love/hate.

*Is an atheist, but prays for the first idea*

Believe!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No, that was simply my thought process filtered through the rule you pulled out of your ass.

My actual thought process is that time travel has been a thing in WoW since TBC and has never stopped being a thing. In fact it has grown in importance with Cataclysm and is proven still relevant by the Timeless Isle.
    Lol this pleb

Doesn't understand a damn thing lol

A lot of people notice the hint cycle too, but you can say I pulled it out of my ass because I said the game you defend so hard pulled this theme out of its ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaobaii194 View Post
    I am wondering why there isn't any trade mark file in EU? So eur won't be getting the expansion?. Lol
    We will but the thing that gets my attention is why nobody trademarks it before Blizz does everywhere? I don't know the procedure but if it takes a single day of walking around getting the papers stamped I'd sure go for it. I mean can you imagine someone TMing Warlords of Draenor tomorrow on EU before Blizzard does? You could be talking 7 figures payment easily, just like apple had to pay some guy an incredible amount of money for the iphone.com domain if i remember correctly.

Don't even mention the grandslam you would hit if you TMed the name in US and EU (there was enough time and speculation after AU and NZ TMs) before Blizzard could. But if the procedure is long and involves a lot of legal counseling or whatever then it sure isn't worth it. If it were easily doable I'm sure someone would've done it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I'll believe it now, it's trademarked in the EU too.

I'm just very worried that playing with time travel is going to ruin the immersion.
    You were probably as likely to make the following statement then:

"I'm just very worried that playing with Pandas is going to ruin the immersion."

You know, because talking Pandas... that somehow eluded the vision of all-powerful beings for thousands of years wasn't any more believable than time travel (which has actually existed since Caverns of Time was introduced in TBC).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In fairness we know that Nozdormu lost his power so if we're going to be nitpicky and technical. We kind of new the timewalker thing was going to come. This is all assuming we'll be time traveling though again.
    All we knew was that he would become murzond, not that people would suddenly appear to be able to travel through time

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    We will but the thing that gets my attention is why nobody trademarks it before Blizz does everywhere? I don't know the procedure but if it takes a single day of walking around getting the papers stamped I'd sure go for it. I mean can you imagine someone TMing Warlords of Draenor tomorrow on EU before Blizzard does? You could be talking 7 figures payment easily, just like apple had to pay some guy an incredible amount of money for the iphone.com domain if i remember correctly.

Don't even mention the grandslam you would hit if you TMed the name in US and EU (there was enough time and speculation after AU and NZ TMs) before Blizzard could. But if the procedure is long and involves a lot of legal counseling or whatever then it sure isn't worth it. If it were easily doable I'm sure someone would've done it already.
    Once you've filed it in one country there are legal rights to claim it elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    All we knew was that he would become murzond, not that people would suddenly appear to be able to travel through time
    We still don't know that.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    The Timewalkers are a result of Nozdormu losing his super powers over time and via the Dragonflight. Essentially Cataclysm is in a way connected to the Timeless Isles.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    It IS something,that's for sure.I'm just still a bit skeptical its an expansion.

Oh well,#WarCraftIV

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    It IS something,that's for sure.I'm just still a bit skeptical its an expansion.

Oh well,#WarCraftIV
    IF it was Warcraft 4 i would gladly admit i was wrong and pop fireworks since i love me some RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Now, if they are willing to go with what I mentioned before, which was going to Draenor (in the present), with it being a planet with a chunk (current 'Outland') missing from it, where we fight the Burning Legion further and eventually defeat Kil'Jaeden, I'll love it.

However, if they go with the time-traveling idea, I'll still hate it. So.. it's quite the wait for me now. Either I get an expansion I hate (time traveling), love, or an expansion no-one expects and one I could still love/hate.
    Even if it's going to be about time-travelling then don't lose all hope, you should have seen my face and reaction after Blizzcon '11, man nothing seemed to work about MoP at that point. 2 years later, and it's my favorite expansion this game has had. Sometimes it takes even as long as getting to play the expansion to warm up to it, in my case it took until launch before I began appreciating it, not even the Beta did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Even if it's going to be about time-travelling then don't lose all hope, you should have seen my face and reaction after Blizzcon '11, man nothing seemed to work about MoP at that point. 2 years later, and it's my favorite expansion this game has had. Sometimes it takes even as long as getting to play the expansion to warm up to it, in my case it took until launch before I began appreciating it, not even the Beta did it for me.

I wish I had your optimism. Sorry, but I don't really think I can be as positive. I would hate everything about time-traveling, while I was relatively positive once I found out that Mists of Pandaria was true.

Thanks for the effort, though.

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    We still don't know that.
    Yes we do

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm. Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes. What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day. All that matters... is this moment."

After beating murzond in end time dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    If you look at the front page the banners for the beta options the WoW one went from a MoP one to Thrall. Not saying its anything major but it could be a subtle hint and to deny it is trying to stick ones head in the sand.
    You go from "could be" to "denying it is trying to stick ones head in the sand" in the span of a single sentence. Not even a comma or anything in there. You do see the difference between those two statements right? "I'm not saying it's anything important, but it's the MOST IMPORTanT THING EVAR."

Maybe they just switched the banner over to a generic WoW image. Thrall is prolly the most ubiquitous character in the catalog that isn't inherently tied to a specific expansion. If they used Illidan all the fanboys would be like, "OMG LEGION CONFIRMED ILLIDAN DEMONHUNTERS OMGZ!!1!". Same if they used Arthas, Chen, or even someone like Malfurion (EMERALD DREEMZOMGTOLDYOUSOLOL!). Thrall is the only really "neutral" option they could use that woudln't trigger mountains of rampant speculation.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus