Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm a little meh about it all, though in all seriousness if Turalyon and Alleria do return then they had better not end up suffering the fate of neutrality.
    In other words if horde players want access to alliance npcs then they should roll alliance character, just saying.
    Oh and for the love of all that is holy no more Thrall ffs, its seriously getting boring seeing him pop up =/
    Hopefully the Dranei should get some well deserved lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Maybe they just switched the banner over to a generic WoW image. Thrall is prolly the most ubiquitous character in the catalog that isn't inherently tied to a specific expansion. If they used Illidan all the fanboys would be like, "OMG LEGION CONFIRMED ILLIDAN DEMONHUNTERS OMGZ!!1!". Same if they used Arthas, Chen, or even someone like Malfurion (EMERALD DREEMZOMGTOLDYOUSOLOL!). Thrall is the only really "neutral" option they could use that woudln't trigger mountains of rampant speculation.
    Exactly.Even at the Blizzcon itself,the banners outside the building include Thrall,and Diablo (not Mal.....eeeh...maly...the villain from The Reaper of Souls)

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post

We still don't know that.
    Nozdormu himself says it in End Time, Charge of the Aspects, Thrall book and Dawn of the aspects.
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2013-11-05 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Warlords of Draenor also just might be a Warcraft RTS :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    Time travel combined with more orcs, more Garrosh, more Outlands, more Deathwing, if other leak threads are to be believed. How on earth could this bring WoW back to its peak subscription numbers is beyond my imagination.
    I keep seeing the same things, and thinking, "this can't possibly be true". But then I look at how Cata went, and how I thought the same thing about MoP... Ah well, it's not like I have to play if this actually happens. I'd like a WoW I enjoy, but I'm equally happy spending my gaming time and dollars elsewhere.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    It also has a similar naming convention as Heroes of the Storm

Heroes of the Storm
    Warlords of Draenor
    [Group] of [Location/Event]

The Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    The Dark Below (Fake or not)

None of those follow that type of naming convention. MoP comes close, but 'Mists' is not a group of people, it's just, well, mists.

I expect WoD to be related to HotS. And I base that entirely off what I said, admittedly pulled out of my ass. So we'll all see in a few days.
    [Group/Thing] of [Location]

Look! I figured it out! It's the next expansion!

Uh sorry no, no, and no. Wow is the center of the universe for Blizz now. They aren't going to unveal a new RTS at this crucial moment. They slacked and made some wrong choices with wow. This is their retribution. They give the majority of the fans exactly what they want, and aside from speculation. All we really know that is almost guaranteed at this point is the title.

Aslong as them fucks dont give us a timetravel expansion. Not even messing with you, I'd flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    Yes we do

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm. Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes. What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day. All that matters... is this moment."

After beating murzond in end time dungeon
    I was obviously referring to the second part of what you said.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If it helps at all, part of the WoD trademark is throwing me off some.

Every expansion since... I think Cata? Maybe even Wrath, has had a digital download option. Plus, wouldn't patches be considered part of the downloaded expansion? When has there ever been an expansion that allowed no downloads?

I'm confused here. WoD is the only trademark that has ever included the non-downloadable part. I'm not so sure about WoD being the expansion anymore. :/
    They're covering all bases. If you look directly before that, it basically just says providing on-line computer games, which could include all the downloadable assets. By adding the non-downloadable part, they may be accounting for the servers (global network). Just a guess though.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    I was obviously referring to the second part of what you said.
    Obviously not

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Uh sorry no, no, and no. Wow is the center of the universe for Blizz now. They aren't going to unveal a new RTS at this crucial moment. They slacked and made some wrong choices with wow. This is their retribution. They give the majority of the fans exactly what they want, and aside from speculation. All we really know that is almost guaranteed at this point is the title.
    We don't even know that. Sure, it's a legitimate mark, but is it WoW? It could be a map pack for their DotA clone, for all we know.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    just on the subject of time travel in WoW

in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    We don't even know that. Sure, it's a legitimate mark, but is it WoW? It could be a map pack for their DotA clone, for all we know.
    Wouldn't a Map pack be considered a downloadable electrionic thingie? It's not marked on there :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    But then why was that not included in the other trademarks? Starcraft's new expansion, Heroes of the Storm, Reaper of Souls, etc. all have servers to take care of as well. The fact that it popped up in this trademark, and this trademark ONLY is what concerns me.
    No it's only in Heroes & Warlords.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    just on the subject of time travel in WoW

in the past, whenever we have traveled in time it was either:

a) to prevent the timeline from being altered and ensuring history occured just as it did, thereby justifying lore, not breaking lore
    or
    b) to obtain objects from the past, which had canonically disappeared from history at the moment we 'borrowed them' anyway, there justifying lore, not breaking lore.

May i ask what justification anyone has to assume that if we were to time travel again it would be alter history (which we have never done) instead of to prevent history from being altered (which is what we have always done before)?
    Predictable boring expansion that means nothing next expansion if we preserve the timeline.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wouldn't a Map pack be considered a downloadable electrionic thingie? It's not marked on there :/
    Usually map packs don't get a trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    No it's only in Heroes & Warlords.
    So if it is HotS related, what is it? An expansion pack? Because Gamemodes/Maps/Characters don't get trademarks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because those who had formerly watched over history and ensured it occurred exactly as it should are no longer the timekeepers. At best, they see random glimpses of the past now.

We can no longer ensure everything happens exactly as it did before it was influenced. If Baby Garrosh were to find his way back, he could for all intent's purpose, become his own grandfather because no one would know it wasn't supposed to happen. (And, in turn, it becomes what was supposed to happen.)

So it creates a situation. Either:

a) The timeline was always meant to allow for this to happen, and the lore doesn't change. We just get involved, as the timeline was always supposed to allow.
    or
    b) The timeline gets fucked up, which is what the Bronze Dragonflight tried to prevent, but can no longer force themselves to travel to the right time to ensure they can fix it.
    Let's ignore Garrosh. He's not going to be the villain of 2 expansions in a row and the main character of 3 in a row.

The only likely time plot would be one involving Wrathion. And what possible reason would Wrathion have to go back and screw with the Horde?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    What else could it be? To me Its clearly not Hearthstone or Warcraft(rts). So it has Draenor in the title which means its in the wow universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually map packs don't get a trademark.
    Maybe not but the whole trademark not marked for downloadable electronic or whataever tells me it's not a mapack either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi