Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've actually been putting SoO raiding off till people have mastered the tactics and geared themselves adequately. The 2 hour runs I've been having are not fun, so any ease to LFR to hasten the process is welcomed by me.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    This thread is pretty funny.

If you ever raided in MC and you were say a holy paladin (not that you could be anything else), you could practically do your job with 2 buttons. One bound to HealBot, which would automatically select the player with the lowest HP and heal it and decursive which would select a player (you could set the priority, say group 1) and start dispelling.

On a serious note, at least as an altholic that would usually end up eating his hat, I welcome these nerfs. Wiping 10 times on Galakras with the group constantly changing and trying to set up tower groups that after one try don't exist any more. Nerf LFR to the ground. I just want quick loot on my alts and I don't wanna wipe more than 2 times per boss.
    Well, pre WotLK pretty much all classes had 2-3 buttons to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    And some would be actually bad at doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They're nerfing it because people simply ignoring chat and not knowing the fight will cause mechanics to wipe the raid. Mines on Blackfuse in week one were friggin insanely, horrifyingly, absurdly overtuned for LFR. Even groups who targeted them could miss a few at the final burn and the raid would just suddenly wipe. Almost no way to outheal it without absorbs and Druids and Shamans are fairly popular at the moment.
    I did LFR wing 4 pre nerf a few hours since servers came back up.
    Best.
    MoP.
    Exerience.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    It's funny for Priest and Healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 5 raids (the 4 Runestone raids, SoO wing 2 twice due to incomplete first run) and had 0 wipes and 3 "new record" times set. Last week I only had one wipe (iron juggy.. really?) so it feels like it's all easy mode now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I play LFR because I want to see the lore and acquire some decent gear before questing in the next expansion. I couldn't give a rat's ass about an epic raiding challenge that consumes half of my time. That's the point of LFR. Why complain?
    because that instance and tier gear in LFR was meant to reward players who put in effort and time. Now that you can see essentially the same thing in LFR, normal raiding feels less rewarding.

I enjoy the nerfs. I mostly go there on a couple of alts to get transmog gear these days, and see fights personally. I like easy fights because I only have a limited amount of time to GET this gear and looks. On top of that, I hate being in a one hour queue, only to be on JUST Garrosh with 2 determination stacks and wipe 5 more times because people don't know how to kill MCed people, or to kill the axes.

Honestly, if people want a "raiding-like experience", they need to do Flex nowadays. Blizz needs to treat LFR differently and just let people blast through it quickly. It's already limited in rewards, and it already gets postponed so normal/heroic/flex raiders can see it first. Not like I can get achievements by doing LFR. I just want gear and lore, so let me get through it already.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    because that instance and tier gear in LFR was meant to reward players who put in effort and time. Now that you can see essentially the same thing in LFR, normal raiding feels less rewarding.
    They've addressed that. The ilvl gap between LFR and normal is now 25. Do you know how big that is? Approximately the same as dungeon blues to Mogu'shan Vault normal gear. For a lot of classes, the lfr tier sets aren't worth wearing once they've got an ilvl above 550.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Because it is blatantly obvious an very easy way to get gear. They aren't even trying to disguise it now. Just call it what is ....The Blizzard Welfare System.

I finally did the last wing of SoO last night, just to have done it once. I thought queue times would be more forgiving since it was Tues... NOPE! Over an hour wait for dps. Then there's the random tank quitting/requeue time after everyone tells him he stinks. I think it took me a little over 3.5 hrs, including queue time.
    I'd hate to see Blackfuse pre-nerf - we ended up w/ 5 stacks before killing him. Funny enough we had fewer stacks on Garrosh.

Honestly, they're nerfing LFR b/c it seems like fewer normal/HC raiders are even running LFR. LFR raids past, the more geared people carrying the rest of the raid, the quicker/smoother things went. Why do LFR if your guild runs Flex in addition to raiding? It drops better loot & is less painful. Not to mention the queue times - just silly.

I know I won't be stepping back into LFR - I'd rather run random scenarios/dungeons to VP cap if I don't raid much that week. There's really no extra incentive to do LFR. Maybe if they really bumped up the VP or something? No idea. But it's certainly not attractive currently to people that raid Flex+

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR quality deteriorates as people gear up and drop off leaving just the R-tards... it's unfortunate
    Hi

Why do people care whether LFR gets nerfed or not? The obsession and hatred over it is becoming unhealthy. If you think you're too leet for LFR then by all means don't run it. LFR was never meant to have any significant difficulty as it is exclusively made of PUGs.

Most of the LFR haters I see don't even have heroic achievements. It's kind of pathetic. At least have the credentials to show us plebs how hardcore you really are before riding in on the high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Why do people care whether LFR gets nerfed or not? The obsession and hatred over it is becoming unhealthy. If you think you're too leet for LFR then by all means don't run it. LFR was never meant to have any significant difficulty as it is exclusively made of PUGs.

Most of the LFR haters I see don't even have heroic achievements. It's kind of pathetic. At least have the credentials to show us plebs how hardcore you really are before riding in on the high horse.
    You just demonstrated very well how LFR is bad game design, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I think he showed how LFR is fine and its peoples perceptions of it are bad. LFR is fine and serves a purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe now I'll be able to actually clear LFR in less than two hours, since the language barrier between the 99% of English servers versus magically getting half a raid from Ragnaros/Azralon/Goldrinn/Drakkar (ie. portugese speaking, latin servers) won't matter.

Up until this tier, I've never been anti-LFR. But, ever since I've had to tank or DPS for LFR groups wherein you can't even explain to half the raid what to do because they don't understand you? At that point I say it's jumped the shark.

And no, I'm not exaggerating about how often my raids are made up of non-English speaking players. I have nothing against them - I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them at times. But, when you can't tell the other tank when to taunt and have to Google and find out to say "Provocado!" to them, it's getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2013-11-06 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I think he showed how LFR is fine and its peoples perceptions of it are bad. LFR is fine and serves a purpose.
    It is bad game design in an MMO, it is basically an in-game welfare system, the perceptions he and yourself have are just as bad if not worse.

Lol no it's not. There are four difficulties to choose from right now. Pick the difficulty that you want and stop worrying about what others do.

It is bad game design in an MMO, it is basically an in-game welfare system, the perceptions he and yourself have are just as bad if not worse.
    No it is not.

LFR has more people raiding in it then _EVERY_ other raid mode currently. Blizzard has confirm as such. My perception of it is fine. I see it serves a purpose and since raiding is the main focus LFR should remain as it is and receive more improvements.

It is not a welfare system. Players still have to do the content to have a chance at getting any items. Same as any other raiding mode. It is just easier than the other raid modes and has automatic match making.

Until you can provide a valid counter argument I think we're done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just stop it with using "welfare" in terms of the ease of items. "Welfare epics" was a buzz term back in The Burning Crusade when Season 2 arena armor went to the Honor Vendor. After that, they added T6 quality blues to a Badge of Justice vendor (now Justice Points). They continued the trend by making honor gear easily available, adding Badge of Valor (later Valor Points) to ease the impact of randomization; and adding easily crafted epics among many many other things. The term was once coined because of something that wasn't yet the game's method of operation. It is such now, and "welfare" is no longer a remotely relevant term. What you call "wellfare" is and has been the status quo for several years now since the later half of The Burning Crusade, so drop the attitude over it. Three and a half expansions and 7 years later, it's a bit late.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2013-11-06 at 03:15 PM.