Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I just...can't see it. Like, I understand why, but everything about 'making sense' always make me think it won't happen; Blizzard does that so much. Because it's made sense for so long, ugh... If we're going straight based off of "Warlords" "of" "Draenor", why are we ignoring "Warlords"? Wasn't that a scrapped hero class for WC3? xD

At this point I really don't care what (if any) race or class is added, but it damn well better be a good story to bring me back from the depths of not playing. Like, DAMN good. Damnmazing.

Sub-race comment was a joke :P.
    Oh, okay, thank god.

Anyways, I understand your perspective, we all have those kind of moments that even if it makes sense it still doesn't.

As for the Warlord thing, there's also a good couple of Ogre Warlords, though everyone is kind of unsure if it just refers to the leaders of the different Orc clans or whatever. All we have is Draenor to go from. Have no idea if it's a scrapped Warcraft 3 hero.

As for the story, we can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I dunno, kinda have them. As much as they have High Elves, which seems to be the Argent Tournament only.
    You didn't played Mist of Pandaria... right? High Elves were all over the place

Your second point, read my post one above yours.
    But... no... ermmm.... YOU WIN THESE TIME!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    You didn't played Mist of Pandaria... right? High Elves were all over the place

But... no... ermmm.... YOU WIN THESE TIME!
    1 for 1. I'll call that a draw and stop arguing at this point .

10+ Year Old Account
    1 for 1. I'll call that a draw and stop arguing at this point .
    Oks :P

Well see ya later, i have class and a exam now :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, kinda have them. As much as they have High Elves, which seems to be the Argent Tournament only.

Your second point, read my post one above yours.
    Argent Turnament, Dalaran is full of Kirin'Tor High Elves, Zul'Aman (When Veressa went to help Vol'Jin)and they got uber lore in MOP for some weird reason..

Deleted
    Read the description.

"They are a product of both mechanical engineering and arcane enchantment, and as such can be classified as both mechanicals and elementals. In-game, arcane golems have one or the other of these creature types."
    I did read the description alright, my point was that while there is an engineer's touch, it's still majorly a magical construct, while the goblins and gnomes have robots that fully fall to sci-fi/steampunk category (have mechanical engines etc). Ethereals too, though as of yet they haven't really shown their technological prowess beyond the eco-domes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I did read the description alright, my point was that while there is an engineer's touch, it's still majorly a magical construct, while the goblins and gnomes have robots that fully fall to sci-fi/steampunk category (have mechanical engines etc). Ethereals too, though they haven't really shown their technological prowess beyond the eco-domes. So for now, they'd fall to magitech category.
    I guess my point was he listed Draenei as one of those Alliance races, and that the techno-magic of the Blood/High Elves matched up with the Draenei.

That's all.

Deleted
    Explain why it is then.

Horde is desperate for Ogres and Ethereals too? Stop being greedy.

Fine, I demand Alliance Goblins then.

http://wowpedia.org/Arcane_golem
    I dont care about Ethereals. Just argument that if Horde has trader race then Alliance should also get one is ultimately stupid.

Each faction got their own strengths and weaknesses.
    X got more solider Y got better weapons
    X got better magic, Y got better technology
    X got more money, Y got more other resources
    X got wiser or more talented generals, Y got better troops
    X got better infantry, Y got better ranged units.

thats what makes players choose Horde or Alliance. Because they are unique. One faction offers something that second faction doesn't.

If one faction has trader race that doesn't mean that second should get also trader race. Each faction should work on their own pattern that is unique for them.

you will never find balance then. There will be always some unbalanced dimension unless you ctrl+c, ctrl+v all races to both factions then you will reach balance.

Ugh, I'm done. Here's my final argument.

Arakkoa have interesting lore, interesting looks, and interesting society. They also have allied with the Alliance before and they fit in well. The Alliance needs some tribal savagery, which is what they PROMISED us worgen were going to be like, but instead we got a bunch of cockney werewolves trying desperately to remain human. We already have humans, so it's not that interesting. Plus, it's never explored on. We never see another side of them except for the 'we want to be human'. And there isn't a struggle either in the story after Gilneas.

Arakkoa would balance out the factions well, adding something totally different to the Alliance, but perfectly coherent to the their theme.

Whereas with High Elves, we'd get no new lore and nothing different. We already have High Elves. Making them playable would add nothing but a rehash race to the mix, feeling like a cheap cop out to many of the Alliance players. And they are playable as the Blood Elf faction in the Horde. The High Elves and Blood Elves aren't a separate race, they're just separate factions of High Elves. Their lore isn't different. It doesn't radically branch out. The High Elves' lore is intertwined with the lore of the humans heavily because they can't do much on their own with their numbers.

If you want to be a High Elf, go Horde. It's that easy.

As for Ethereals, I love them a lot and I think it'd be cool if they were playable, but they're more neutral than goblins. And with the way their society is structured, they can't really afford to side with either faction because it'd be less beneficial than just asking for their help and rewarding them. If they joined a side, they'd have to donate money and effort towards their wars, and they don't particularly care about that. They have their own war they're fighting, and if they need help, they'll hire you.

And lastly, Naga. Metzen has stated that he wants Naga as a race, but I can never see them joining the Alliance. Ever. Stop suggesting them as an Alliance race because they're the only thing the Alliance hates just as much, if not more than the demons. However, the Horde has less of a problem with them, but not that much less. The only race that was known to ally with the Naga willingly was the Blood Elves. And they're likely the only people who could or would want to bring them into THE HORDE.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I dont care about Ethereals. Just argument that if Horde has trader race then Alliance should also get one is ultimately stupid.

Each faction got their own strengths and weaknesses.
    X got more solider Y got better weapons
    X got better magic, Y got better technology
    X got more money, Y got more other resources
    X got wiser or more talented generals, Y got better troops
    X got better infantry, Y got better ranged units.

thats what makes players choose Horde or Alliance. Because they are unique. One faction offers something that second faction doesn't.

If one faction has trader race that doesn't mean that second should get also trader race. Each faction should work on their own pattern that is unique for them.

you will never find balance then. There will be always some unbalanced dimension unless you ctrl+c, ctrl+v all races to both factions then you will reach balance.
    I still disagree. If you think about it less in gameplay and more in lore, economics comes to play more during wartime than just about anything else.

That being said, I understand your point and it does have merit.

Deleted
    One week it's Dark Below next week it's Heroes of the Storm, week after that it's World of Draenor, so which one is the new expansion then? Like every trademark by Blizz means new expansion now.
    Also this is good example how to trick idiots with "new playable race leak" : http://imgur.com/a/KOwCP#0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    One week it's Dark Below next week it's Heroes of the Storm, week after that it's World of Draenor, so which one is the new expansion then? Like every trademark by Blizz means new expansion now.
    Also this is good example how to trick idiots with "new playable race leak" : http://imgur.com/a/KOwCP#0
    Except that the dark below disapeared, heroes of the storm is confirmed to be blizzard DOTA V...3?

Also, I have seen several banners and logos of Warlords of Draenor that look very much blizzard quality, but hey its 48 hours left untill we know for certain so speculation is really pointless at this point tbh.

I really doubt that Alliance will get High Elves, but if they did I would totally do race changes on my alli toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I really doubt that Alliance will get High Elves, but if they did I would totally do race changes on my alli toons.
    Same here. Except my Worgen warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Can I ask why? Why not just play Blood Elf? And no it's not for yelling the usual High Elf and Blood Elf are the same. But a genuine question. Is it because you are playing alliance only, if so why not just play a night elf? Or just because of the lore behind them.

Ethereal as a neutral race, Upon picking a faction they glow blue/red instead of white. sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Can I ask why? Why not just play Blood Elf? And no it's not for yelling the usual High Elf and Blood Elf are the same. But a genuine question. Is it because you are playing alliance only, if so why not just play a night elf? Or just because of the lore behind them.
    WoW has been out for what, nearly ten years now. And in that time we're had exactly 3 playable races added per faction. I would be pissed if they used up one of the few times they add a new player race as something as mundane as HEs.

It just ins't a sexy, news worthy choice. Sure, the lore is there for them and I'm sure a certain group of people with get their lore rocks off at the thought, but it won't bring anything new and flashy into the mix. In my opinion it would be a waste of a new playable race. I'd rather Blizzard use it on something that'll make me say "Damn, that's awesome!" Or "Holy shit I didn't see that coming!" and not "Oh... more elves... maybe in another 2-4 years I'll get something unique"
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    I really don't have a problem at all with the Horde. But i can't be a fan of them or their lore, i just can't. Alliance was always far more interesting to me, since Warcraft 2 where i started playing Warcraft. I have some Blood Elves toons and i love them, i love Quel'Thalas/Silvermoon. But outside that...i really can't be a part with the rest of the Horde, they are so damn different with each other IMO.
    High Elves were a big part of the Alliance, and my favourite faction especially back in Warcraft 3. I was expecting them to be an Alliance playable faction when i first heard about TBC. I was shocked when i learned they're gonna be the next Horde race...
    Now, i understand it's unlikely if not impossible for High Elves to be the next Alliance race, but i really hope so.
    Last edited by Graden; 2013-11-06 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talvinen View Post
    Ethereal as a neutral race, Upon picking a faction they glow blue/red instead of white. sorted.
    Horde and Alliance pandas are identical to begin with, so it's not necessary.

Play Ogre and you get 2 helm slots for your racial. OPPPPPPPPPPP