Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?

All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    WoW has been out for what, nearly ten years now. And in that time we're had exactly 3 playable races added per faction. I would be pissed if they used up one of the few times they add a new player race as something as mundane as HEs.
    Well I'm basically of the same opinion in that I would find it highly strange for Blizzard to add something flashy for one side but not the other. In the case of the elfs, well there is one on each faction and there are next to none remaining of the last faction of elves which is why I'm highly confused as to why people would want Helfs instead of something different. Like the Arakkoa, Ethereal, Naga, flippin seagulls hell I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?

All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!
    Yes that is exactly what I mean. I guess it can be helped (somewhat) if they introduce sub races. But then we wouldn't get to play Trolls or Orcs on the alliance side, neither Draeneis or Worgen on the horde. (Just a few random races)

I'm happy that it's atleast lore reasons and not "Oh I wantz me Legolas" or whatever reason else I've heard.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-06 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not the same. It's because High Elves used to be Alliance for a very long time, and they were the favourite faction for many people (including myself).
    I don't demand High Elves to become playable, i understand it's almost impossible for something like that to happen now.

edit : I'm happy enough that we have them as an Alliance faction, even not playable. I just wish they were.
    Last edited by Graden; 2013-11-06 at 08:28 PM.

high elves are blood elves ..... stop asking for them

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I'm happy enough that we have them as an Alliance faction, even not playable. I just wish they were.
    And that makes you one of the most reasonable people here. >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I still disagree. If you think about it less in gameplay and more in lore, economics comes to play more during wartime than just about anything else.

That being said, I understand your point and it does have merit.
    well one side got better economics than other but it fluently changes with or without trader race. If Horde wins ,everyone wants to trade with Bligewater but if they loose noone want to trade with them. The more important than trade are resources. Dwarfs are awesome miners and smiths so Alliance doesnt need to buy metal or weapons like Horde because their mines will be more effective than Horde ones and their weapons would have better quality than Horde weapons.

so Horde should get race of smiths and miners?

I really have no clue, but I'd wager Ogres. Ethereals and High Elves get thrown around a lot, but high elves are redundant. Perhaps not lorewise but gameplay/aesthetically it is too similar. Honestly, the coolest thing to do would be to surprise us with 2 new races we've never heard of or seen before to keep it fresh.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's safe to say the ship has sailed on high elves when Blizzard tapped blood elves for the horde and again on furbolgs when they decided to go with pandamen. Even if lore is there, those choices now have an intrinsic toxicity due to simply being too much like already available options.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    It's safe to say the ship has sailed on high elves when Blizzard tapped blood elves for the horde and again on furbolgs when they decided to go with pandamen. Even if lore is there, those choices now have an intrinsic toxicity due to simply being too much like already available options.
    True enough.
    Blizzard can always surprise us though xD We'll find out in 2 days. I really hope for new races + new models.

It's not the same. It's because High Elves used to be Alliance for a very long time, and they were the favourite faction for many people (including myself).
    I don't demand High Elves to become playable, i understand it's almost impossible for something like that to happen now.

edit : I'm happy enough that we have them as an Alliance faction, even not playable. I just wish they were.

Sure, there's a basis for High Elves and they do exist, as opposed to trolls that join the Alliance, but they are largely Blood Elves, and the one that are High Elves already get a role. In fact, they're in a better state right now, than most of the real Alliance races.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we got another rehash Horde race (ogres, goblins I'm looking at you) and alliance got another completely new race AGAIN I'd probably quit...

Deleted
    100% true
    Because of those choices Alliance is becoming a multi-culti zoo instead of Alliance .

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough.
    Blizzard can always surprise us though xD We'll find out in 2 days. I really hope for new races + new models.
    I hope so. It would seem the consensus revolves around horde ogres and either ethereals/arakkoa for the alliance, with a smattering of neutral ethereals too. While they all make sense, I can't help but to wish they would throw us a curve ball and we'd get something unexpected. I really want to be gobsmacked come Friday morning/afternoon.

Like, it'd be great if I came away from unveiling saying "Damn. I didn't see that coming."
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I would subscribe forever for Corrupted Draenei.

Literally forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, there's a basis for High Elves and they do exist, as opposed to trolls that join the Alliance, but they are largely Blood Elves, and the one that are High Elves already get a role. In fact, they're in a better state right now, than most of the real Alliance races.
    Yeah, i agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post
    If we got another rehash Horde race (ogres, goblins I'm looking at you) and alliance got another completely new race AGAIN I'd probably quit...
    If when you're saying a completely new race you mean Worgen, well....Lorewise, it's not a 'new race', it's the kingdom of Gilneas which was the most powerful human kingdom after Lordaeron, that was a member of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and they accept it back in the Alliance after so many years of isolation. I guess from the entire Gilnean population, 60 or 70% are cursed and the rest of them are humans. So basically it's just another human kingdom, nothing new.

Every expansion either had a new race or a new class. Simply giving us updated old models won't do. They learned this in Cataclysm.

We'll either be getting new races or a new class. The updated character models might not even be ready, but hopefully they will.
    Last edited by arnoldr45; 2013-11-06 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If when you're saying a completely new race you mean Worgen, well....Lorewise, it's not a 'new race', it's the kingdom of Gilneas which was the most powerful human kingdom after Lordaeron, that was a member of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and they accept it back in the Alliance after so many years of isolation. I guess from the entire Gilnean population, 60 or 70% are cursed and the rest of them are humans. So basically it's just another human kingdom, nothing new.

mmm, no

i think its fair to say that both Draenei and Worgen were rather huge leaps in the lore, or retcons (not that there is anything wrong in that) and that the Blood Elves and Goblins were basically inducted into horde as-such, with little to no re-vision of their respective lore.

Gilneas existed in Lore but they were not Worgen per se, nor did they have druidism, and the worgen curse was not druidic. The Eredar (demons) and Draenei (the broken) existed in lore but they were two wholly unrelated races. and neither were Light Worshipping lawful good guys. These two races are novel. Blood Elves and Goblins by comparison were not retconned.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-06 at 09:08 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    mmm, no

i think its fair to say that both Draenei and Worgen were rather huge leaps in the lore, or retcons (not that there is anything wrong in that) and that the Blood Elves and Goblins were basically inducted into horde as-such, with little to no re-vision of their respective lore.

Indeed, but at least they found an awesome way (imo) to introduce the Worgen, they used Gilneas an old human kingdom of the old Alliance, and the lore they made up for Arugal, that was a Gilnean human and that Genn was the one that ordered him to summon the Worgen in order to protect the Greymane Wall and keep the undead threat outside of Gilneas, which later was the cause of the curse (and so on), was pretty damn good i think, unlike the Draenei that literally came out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, but at least they found an awesome way (imo) to introduce the Worgen, they used Gilneas an old human kingdom of the old Alliance, and the lore they made up for Arugal, that was a Gilnean human and that Genn was the one that ordered him to summon the Worgen in order to protect the Greymane Wall and keep the undead threat outside of Gilneas, which later was the cause of the curse (and so on), was pretty damn good i think, unlike the Draenei that literally came out of nowhere.
    oh definitely, i think that the introduction of playable worgen was amazingly clever

too bad the gilneans haven't got a city to call their own yet,

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    oh definitely, i think that the introduction of playable worgen was amazingly clever

too bad the gilneans haven't got a city to call their own yet,
    You mean too bad worgen have zero anything whatsoever (lore, city) after the events stated above? Right.