Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not too expensive for me. Might be for other people.

I feel it's worth the $40 to me, so I bought it. If you don't feel like it's worth $40 to you, you don't have to buy it.

Pretty straightforward. Not sure how this thread got to be so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You don't get something that you don't pay for? Yeah that's how it works.

I wan't an Aston Martin One-77, but fuck I don't have 1.5 million dollars, maybe Aston Martin should just give it to me because I like it.

It doesn't matter what game you care about, the stream covers the whole event. Thats how it works.

If you wan't WoW news from blizzcon hop on twitter/wowhead/the homepage of this site/any other gaming/wowcentric site on the web and read about the event.
    You've missed my point totally, I would pay for the WoW part of the stream because that's all I'm interested in right now. Them throwing in a lot of other stuff I don't want to see makes it more expensive, I just won't pay the full price for the whole stream when I want part of it.

Blizzard thinks everyone who plays one of their games play all their other games and that just isn't true, Paying $40 for 3 or so hours of info (to see people talking about a game) is just not what I and many others are willing to spend based of the content we receive.

You see I want to watch the actual reveal not have it spoiled by text before I get to the actual vids. It's way more exciting watching it happen without spoilers all up in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.
    Blizzard says they lose money hosting the event. With the stream numbers and ticket sales of people attending in person I'm not inclined to believe them.

I think last Blizzcon was 60k stream and 20(something)k in person.

2.4m+3.5m=way more than setting everything up and renting the building imo

I think it should be free or not at all tbh, even if it was free I probably wouldn't watch it,

The reason I think its over priced is because the moment it starts, people are blogging or posting about it online where you can keep more or less up to date. Furthermore, hours after its happened you can watch the footage on youtube amongst other sites, I just dont see the point in wasting money for the sake of a few hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    I would love to get the blizzcon stream this year but $40 for 2 days of video
    It's free for any even somewhat intelligent person.

And there is no difference if it's 40$ or 20$.
    If you want to pay less, watch it for free this year and pay 40$ for it next year. Or pay once in three years if you want to pay ~13$.
    Or you can buy a pet on blizzstore for 10$.

It's entirely up to you if you want to sponsor blizzard or not and how much money you want to give them exactly.

if i could justify watching the whole event i'd buy the online ticket in an instant. 40$ isn't that expensive, but because i don't have the time to watch it all i'll just read/watch summaries of WoW/D3/Heroes (yes heroes not HotS :P)/Hearthstone and maybe if i can find the time watch the free hearthstone tournament stream on twitch

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've missed my point totally, I would pay for the WoW part of the stream because that's all I'm interested in right now. Them throwing in a lot of other stuff I don't want to see makes it more expensive, I just won't pay the full price for the whole stream when I want part of it.
    It's pretty hilarious that what you are really complaining about is the convention format. It costs what it costs because the entire point of a convention is for a collection of things/ideas.

Blizzard thinks everyone who plays one of their games play all their other games and that just isn't true, Paying $40 for 3 or so hours of info (to see people talking about a game) is just not what I and many others are willing to spend based of the content we receive.
    No, they think that they have an array of products that are exciting enough to make a convention off of. They also think the people who pay to go there or to stream it are either a) Excited enough about part of their stuff or b) Excited enough about all of the stuff to justify spending the money. The format of a convention isn't to segregate games into neat little chunks of time that never cross paths so that they can sell tickets piecemeal for people like you. That would actually make their expenses higher, since they'd have to develop programs and planning that allow to only distribute parts of the thing instead of using the logical method they have already.

It is honestly disgusting that we've reached a point in internet rage where we are complaining that conventions, which have been going on for a long time, need to be broken up by subject matter and sold at discounted rates. Newsflash: if you don't want to see the variety of content or don't like any particular content enough to justify going or watching one, you actually don't like conventions and shouldn't even be inquiring about them.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    $40 stream is dirt cheap for full coverage a 2 day event.

Just be glad they offer it at all.
    They could easily do It for free; lots of game companies do that.

Deleted
    Nah, I'll just sit and wait for other people to post information for me for free :P I'm not interested in perks nor I'm that impatient to get information as soon as they talk about it (and I'm a really hype-train person).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's pretty hilarious that what you are really complaining about is the convention format. It costs what it costs because the entire point of a convention is for a collection of things/ideas.

No, they think that they have an array of products that are exciting enough to make a convention off of. They also think the people who pay to go there or to stream it are either a) Excited enough about part of their stuff or b) Excited enough about all of the stuff to justify spending the money. The format of a convention isn't to segregate games into neat little chunks of time that never cross paths so that they can sell tickets piecemeal for people like you. That would actually make their expenses higher, since they'd have to develop programs and planning that allow to only distribute parts of the thing instead of using the logical method they have already.

It is honestly disgusting that we've reached a point in internet rage where we are complaining that conventions, which have been going on for a long time, need to be broken up by subject matter and sold at discounted rates. Newsflash: if you don't want to see the variety of content or don't like any particular content enough to justify going or watching one, you actually don't like conventions and shouldn't even be inquiring about them.
    Why do you think I'm complaining and mad? :/ I'm not I can get my info elsewhere for free but I wish the price point was better and the stream split to make that happen so more players could enjoy blizzcon first hand instead of getting spoilers thrown at them before seeing the actual reveal.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think I'm complaining and mad? :/ I'm not I can get my info elsewhere for free but I wish the price point was better and the stream split to make that happen so more players could enjoy blizzcon first hand instead of getting spoilers thrown at them before seeing the actual reveal.
    Nowhere did I say you were mad. I was generalizing the population of the internet. You're still complaining about something that is wholly unrealistic in an attempt to make something 'not for you' to be 'for you'. Conventions are a package and always have been. Get over it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    $40 for two days is cheap. Hell, i spend way more than $40 on a Friday night.

Nowhere did I say you were mad. I was generalizing the population of the internet. You're still complaining about something that is wholly unrealistic in an attempt to make something 'not for you' to be 'for you'. Conventions are a package and always have been. Get over it.
    It is honestly disgusting that we've reached a point in internet rage
    The virtual ticket is NOT like going to a convention, it's a stream that provides you gaming info and tournaments etc.

Its a fair enough price. its a well put together stream with good broadcasting in between segments, not to mention the playback and quality (baught the stream every year its been available and had no issues yet)
    considering what it would cost me to go to blizcon from the UK, im quite happy to pay it (the pets also a bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Are the freeloaders a little butt hurt? That's fine.. Grow up and learn how pretty much everything in life costs money.

The $40.00 for the 2 day event combined with the goodies, it's completely reasonable and actually dirt cheap.
    Doesn't cost anything if you are a freeloader... Can find free streams. Not that i'm suggesting anyone should but that's what a freeloader would do.

$40 is definitely a hefty price, but I wouldn't say it's too expensive.

...But there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be free, other than the obvious more profit for Blizzard.

Edit: Lol @ people calling others freeloaders. Grow up.

MMO Champion is free and I can skip past the awkward jokes and awkward people straight to the cinematics and facts.

Pretty sure I read somewhere, Blizzard don't even make much/even sometimes lose when running Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Pretty sure I read somewhere, Blizzard don't even make much/even sometimes lose when running Blizzcon.
    And if Superbowl commercials would cost 1$ people would lose money to actually advertise anything.

paying money to watch advertisement is just stupid.

Imagine a restaurant making an ad commercial and then selling the commercial on CDS. Yeah, it's that dumb.

But hey, blizzard can get away with it. So i dont really blame them. it's a business after all.