Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a an in your face moment to the doom brigade. As others have said a solid footing for the next expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If possible I'd shoot down every fanboy and hater in the world. Not even joking.

How people can care so much about a gaming company is beyond me.
    9 years, plus WC... It is like family for some.

It's really funny to see this after seeing so many people say in the last few weeks how WoW is bleeding subs (which I never felt and was so confused when I started seeing it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    wtf is wol
    Hopefully he meants WoD :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    They real test will to see how long we go from 5.4 till next major content update
    I've got a feeling there will be a patch 5.5 that's already finished or almost finished, but it's to do with the next expansion so they can't reveal it before BlizzCon, which possibly means it will be out this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    You will eventually reach the point where everyone who wants to quit has already quit and the only people left are the die hards who will never quit.

Will be interesting to see if this number stabilizes at 7 mil or 5 mil or 3 mil or what.
    comparison peak-to-flatline curves from ultima online, eq, etc, might be informative
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuxa View Post
    I've got a feeling there will be a patch 5.5 that's already finished or almost finished, but it's to do with the next expansion so they can't reveal it before BlizzCon, which possibly means it will be out this year.
    Exactly. They have a LOT to reveal at Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I'm curious where WoW will plateau....
    No idea, depends if they can keep quality and they continue the good work (Like mists of pandaria)

Deleted
    Not bad compared to other quarters. And now that merging is hitting EU too, I bet more people will get a good reason to stay, and to conscript new people, lol :P

The haemorrhage is subsiding!
    Last edited by mmocda433e3d48; 2013-11-06 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys there is only 7.6 Million accounts being paid for guys, I think it is time to pack are bags & move on.

I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

with a movie and a MOBA-style game coming I can still see people getting dragged back in (kicking and screaming if need be) and possibly even new players joining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw they say end of 30 sept, so 5.4 isn't even counted in yet and EU got really busy since 5.4 idk about US or asia, but EU is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    9 years, plus WC... It is like family for some.
    Unless you can relate other people playing the game to you having fun in those 9 years...then why do you care?

Deleted
    Comparing this to the predictions made in the respective thread and all the people complaining about how WoW is dying...this once again shows that all the QQers are simply a vocal minority.

Deleted
    I'm definitely expecting more sub losses in 2014 Q1. The Blizzcon excitement will die down and without a raid patch 5.5 probably won't have much staying power. Down to 7.3 million by the time WoD hits and then I wouldn't be surprised if we get a significant rise. 8 million + subs wouldn't surprise me by 2014 Q3.

If they keep bleeding subscribers like this the game will be empty in 19 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Btw they say end of 30 sept, so 5.4 isn't even counted in yet and EU got really busy since 5.4 idk about US or asia, but EU is.
    5.4 came out Sept 10, it would be included.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    5.4 came out Sept 10, it would be included.
    Nvm then lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Pandaland was a failure

WoW has lost half of its subs overall

A 50% playerbase loss, that's not a success, any way you dice it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Exactly. They have a LOT to reveal at Blizzcon.
    What you define as a lot and what I define as a lot are 2 different things. Some people tellings small details (which half never even ends up being released off in the final product) about their game is not a lot from my point of view.