Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    It continues stacking. I had 3.7M worth of stagger on malkorok tonight (didn't purify for ~4 swings during blood rage iirc). I'm not sure if there is an actual limit, but I remember seeing stupidly high stagger values on heroic DA when the 5 second wipes would happen. I assume with a mastery proc RoRO you'd have a much easier time of getting high staggers (blood rage + mastery RoRO has to give something nice).

I don't think the stagger bar being "full" means anything more than over the next 10 seconds, you'll stagger for your entire health bar.

EDIT: Added a video of our blood rage phase so you can see. Stagger tracker is located to the right of my character. On a side note, the 4pc proc from purifying that was 505,941... All over heal >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClS-_0-WKac
    Thanks, the only question that leaves me with, is why we even have "stagger bar" limited to max health

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo guys tomorrow my guild will be doing couple pulls on Malkorok 10 Man Heroic (we already downed 2x hc boss this week so won't be A LOT as we still have normal farm bosses to do)
    Any tips for that fight? ill be off tanking this (our pally will be MT)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Thanks, the only question that leaves me with, is why we even have "stagger bar" limited to max health
    Just a convenient value to compare against at a quick glance to know how much damage you're going to take from your current stagger. That, and you don't very often exceed 100% of your health (at least not in 10m) for long anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Really it depends on the fight when to glyph guard. This tier I can't think of one off the top of my head where its infinitely better to glyph it but it certainly has uses especially when the only danger is the magic damage part of an encounter. I glyphed it for heroic Dark shaman because it let the guards last longer and kadriss hits like a school girl on her own. The actual damage is all magic so having a stronger guard for it made a world of difference, your self healing being improved is a bonus.

Last tier we had Heroic Megaera where guard lined up with every other breath and that magic damage was the only threatening damage, with leftover guards being great for adds and just self healing to be a lower maintenance tank. The use of this glyph is identifying where it'll be strongest and can be used to fullest effect. No need to waste guard on damage that isn't threatening in any way.
    I glyphs guard for our first immersius, shamans, and blackfuse heroic kills, the only one you need glyphs guard for is blackfuse though.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

As for weapons - would hellscream's cleaver be better then fist I'm currently using? Due to one more socket and better stats (lack of hit).

This might seem pretty obvious but I just want to double check.

Flex helm with tanking legendary meta > Normal helm with dps leg meta right?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    This might seem pretty obvious but I just want to double check.

Flex helm with tanking legendary meta > Normal helm with dps leg meta right?
    Depends on what your goal is, the normal helm with dps meta will do more dps, the flex helm with tank meta will give you more survivability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuteness View Post
    Yo guys tomorrow my guild will be doing couple pulls on Malkorok 10 Man Heroic (we already downed 2x hc boss this week so won't be A LOT as we still have normal farm bosses to do)
    Any tips for that fight? ill be off tanking this (our pally will be MT)
    You should solo the Blood Rages to make it easier on the rest of the raid.
    Check out this thread for more info on that.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Depends on what your goal is, the normal helm with dps meta will do more dps, the flex helm with tank meta will give you more survivability.
    Meant survivability, thanks .

General rule of the thumb: higher ilvl weapon is ftw. Though dps wise would hc immerseus staff give me more the hc fist from protectors and 1h normal heirloom axe from garrosh? (dps wise as a tank)
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2013-11-06 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    General rule of the thumb: higher ilvl weapon is ftw. Though dps wise would hc immerseus staff give me more the hc fist from protectors and 1h normal heirloom axe from garrosh? (dps wise as a tank)
    By my understanding, staff from Immerseus is BiS for tanking.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO I prefer the 2h off Garrosh as BiS for tanking, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    IMO I prefer the 2h off Garrosh as BiS for tanking, but that's just me.
    I'm somewhat sure he's referring to the heroic version, so by the time you get the heroic garrosh staff, who really cares at that point since you've killed garrosh? The stats on the staff are solid though, and its off the first boss to boot.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm referring to the heroic version as well.

Just remember these "BIS" staves apply to MOST races, but not all. For example on an orc, you're probably best off with 2x Heroic Warforged axes off Klaxxi, and two fists off fallen protectors for progression.

I play troll so sadly I don't get upper hand for using specific weapons

Thank you very much for the guide!

I downloaded Gnosis, but I found out it can only track my 2H swing timer, have no idea how to set up Boss swing timer tho...
    Could you give me some hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkery View Post
    have no idea how to set up Boss swing timer tho...
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bossswingtimer

So getting squashed back to WotL, how do you think will handle? I think it's gonna be weird and curious how it'll work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the picture I saw, with the lv90 Prot Pally in 528 gear with 45k HP, thats kinda the starting point. You will gain a reasonable amount of stam by the time you hit 100, plus the extra item levels. I think we're looking at 70k or so HP at the start of the expansion and going up from there. Things that are % based like all secondary stats will still hit levels we're seeing now, approaching the caps by the end of the expansion.

The only place we'll see a huge difference is in the Primary stats, and everything else will be normalized to match so we won't notice a difference in performance, just the numbers.

Wouldn't http://www.wowhead.com/item=105560 be BiS as far as 2h's go due to better stats than immerseus and garrosh staves?

Edit: besides Garrosh staff since heroic Garrosh staff = content cleared anyway
    Last edited by Densalo; 2013-11-11 at 01:52 PM.