Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The Burning Crusade had a very rich back-story that was very poorly told. Mists of Pandaria was the first expansion that was built (with one small exception) from WoW created lore, rather then leaning on back-story from previous games, and it managed to tell a very engaging story, and push PvE content to the limit without a major lore threat. To you, I would say that this expansion would combine the rich lore of the Continuing fight against the Burning Legion as a major lore threat, with everything that Blizzard has learned from Wrath, Cata, and Mists. It would be an Alliance focused expansion (the Horde would almost certainly be playing second fiddle with Anduin, Velen, and Turalyon leading the expedition) with plenty of lore for the Draenei (you would be going to ARGUS! The Eredar and Draenei homeworld!). You get to battle Legions of Demons to prevent them from invading Azeroth (Draenor may be a staging ground, but that won't prevent story from happening on the Mainland like the 5.1 and 5.3 content for Mists), and probably flush ol' KJ down another toilet. Does that not sound fun to you?
    It would, if I wasn't...FOR THE HORDE! Hehe. I feel like KJ has exhausted himself. Yes, he never fully materialized and we only fought half of him, but Sargeras has been dormant for too long. I'd like him to make an appearance. He would be the one to have reorganized things and retake Draenor, just because I feel like KJ would have needed a ton of time to recuperate. Then to grow so quickly in power to be a threat again, I think Sargeras would need to be there to give him that power, or another higher power.

I like the idea of going to Argus, because of the idea of it being the BL stronghold. Then I can be in the Army of the Light. And if I were a Warrior, I'd be a Warrior of the Light, which is totally Final Fantasy. At that point, we'd be Draenei heavy and bring back the forgotten, mysterious race.

I'd rather see Kil'Jaeden cleansed and on our side again, actually. Then the story of Sargeras is really sad (altruistic defender of worlds->saw continuous evil (such as Nathrezim and others)->depressed->corrupted/hated everything->Burning Legion formed), plus I just want to see the huge titan of molten bronze. He has been the deciding factor behind all of the Burning Legion, I'd think.

-Also-

I'll say if we have a Draenei expansion, I'd like to see the Krokul (The Broken) race implemented. Akama was such a badass. (Plus the starting zones can have Lost Ones as enemies, which are just brokener Broken ones..haha).

Oh, and then Wardens as classes, the first real agility tank.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-04 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Some zone phasing..since they are connecting servers together should have more hardware to handle layer phasing.
    To fix faction balance issues each zone phase has player limit that scales depending on how many of opposing faction is on the phase, heck some zone phases need to have player limits to make expansion/patch launch more userfriendly, and perhaps phases have lvl limit so one can't harass lower level levelers, without a low level party member(should have happened with crz).

Deleted
    My theory:
    Warlords of Draenor is either:
    a) Warcraft 4
    b) a fake expansion quickly thought up by some guys at Blizzard to distract from TDB.

And TDB is the next expac.

If it turns out to be option b, I wil enjoy going TOLD YOU SO
    If im wrong, im wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc23262ad029; 2013-11-04 at 08:57 PM.

I think i called the cataclysm "shattering effect" on outland. As in returning to a revamped outlands with added content.

Warlord's of Draenor

At the end of Warcraft 3, Draenor was sundered with the opening of an uncountable amount of portals. The titular warlords are members of the old horde and old alliance that have taken up residence on the other side of various portals and have turned the locations into war machines, or sought a peaceful exit from the conflict. These warlords have been politically and economically isolated from their previous ruling bodies and have done some unusual things in order to survive; some vile, some divine. They have been fighting a war so far removed from Azeroth, and with armies from worlds unknown, in some cases original demon home worlds.

New races are added from the stock of the old WC3 armies: high elves (as much as I hate it) and ogres (finally!). These "new" races have been in enclaves lost in space and have adapted their culture accordingly.

New Class: Artificer - uses the whole of Azerothian technology to create something knew and powerful, they create knew devices and use powers thought lost to ancient times. specialties are Tinker, Golemancy, Relic Hunter. This class figures strongly in the dimensional travel between shards of lost draenor and various enclaves.

Mogu revealed to have visited Draenor in ancient times, with them being the ancient stone giants of draenor myth. The same one's whose skulls were incorporated into the soul binding edifices which were responsible for the original death knights.

Ethereals revealed to be the explanation behind the empty hooded humanoid figures that guard both sides of the dark portal and show up in the "Altar of the Storms"

the diamond king awakens.

the gnomes move into a flying fortress.

The Skull of Guldan, now kept in the Ironforge museum awakens and begins speaking into the minds of the citizens. The leads to the accidental resurrection of illidan

Anduin takes the path of the paladin.

It is revealed that the condition of the forsaken is temporary, and that some unknown force deliberately poisons the Undercity to keep them forsaken. "cured" forsaken begin rebuilding surface lorderon. All attempts at political reconciliation between the alliance and the living ones are met with paramount hostility. The cured are changed, but now mortal, their lost flesh is filled in by some etheric field.

Zuljin steps in to replace Rastakhan as king of all trolls. Rastakhan bows at sighting more pressing issues than the mortals of Azeroth, he leaves with Valen. More troll types join the horde.

Likewise, other racial variants join the horde and alliance, becoming playable as story and model progress permits.

A massive sinkhole opens up in the badlands. It opens onto a large questing area with subteranean dungeons related to dwarves and titans.

Players gain access to a portal that they can attune to their own rock floating out in the ether. Depending on where they chose to put it they can harvest different energies that bombard their unprotected rock. Their exposure to the nether also allows them to collect meteoric metals.

That's all for now.

The worst part of all this speculation is that as we get ever so closer to friday, people will generate more rumors and conjectures. I would be happy if w/e is the real deal turns out to be completely different from what everyone's speculating/inventing/theorizing etc...

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    The worst part of all this speculation is that as we get ever so closer to friday, people will generate more rumors and conjectures. I would be happy if w/e is the real deal turns out to be completely different from what everyone's speculating/inventing/theorizing etc...
    I hope this expansion involves Azeroth being destroyed. By Ethereals. Riding Naaru. In the Nether. During Brewfest.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Warlord's of Draenor

At the end of Warcraft 3, Draenor was sundered with the opening of an uncountable amount of portals. The titular warlords are members of the old horde and old alliance that have taken up residence on the other side of various portals and have turned the locations into war machines, or sought a peaceful exit from the conflict. These warlords have been politically and economically isolated from their previous ruling bodies and have done some unusual things in order to survive; some vile, some divine. They have been fighting a war so far removed from Azeroth, and with armies from worlds unknown, in some cases original demon home worlds.

New races are added from the stock of the old WC3 armies: high elves (as much as I hate it) and ogres (finally!). These "new" races have been in enclaves lost in space and have adapted their culture accordingly.

New Class: Artificer - uses the whole of Azerothian technology to create something knew and powerful, they create knew devices and use powers thought lost to ancient times. specialties are Tinker, Golemancy, Relic Hunter. This class figures strongly in the dimensional travel between shards of lost draenor and various enclaves.

Mogu revealed to have visited Draenor in ancient times, with them being the ancient stone giants of draenor myth. The same one's whose skulls were incorporated into the soul binding edifices which were responsible for the original death knights.

Ethereals revealed to be the explanation behind the empty hooded humanoid figures that guard both sides of the dark portal and show up in the "Altar of the Storms"

the diamond king awakens.

the gnomes move into a flying fortress.

The Skull of Guldan, now kept in the Ironforge museum awakens and begins speaking into the minds of the citizens. The leads to the accidental resurrection of illidan

Anduin takes the path of the paladin.

It is revealed that the condition of the forsaken is temporary, and that some unknown force deliberately poisons the Undercity to keep them forsaken. "cured" forsaken begin rebuilding surface lorderon. All attempts at political reconciliation between the alliance and the living ones are met with paramount hostility. The cured are changed, but now mortal, their lost flesh is filled in by some etheric field.

Zuljin steps in to replace Rastakhan as king of all trolls. Rastakhan bows at sighting more pressing issues than the mortals of Azeroth, he leaves with Valen. More troll types join the horde.

Likewise, other racial variants join the horde and alliance, becoming playable as story and model progress permits.

A massive sinkhole opens up in the badlands. It opens onto a large questing area with subteranean dungeons related to dwarves and titans.

Players gain access to a portal that they can attune to their own rock floating out in the ether. Depending on where they chose to put it they can harvest different energies that bombard their unprotected rock. Their exposure to the nether also allows them to collect meteoric metals.

That's all for now.
    0% of that is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    0% of that is going to happen.
    So, in your guess when you say that we will visit places on the other side of draenor portals, that's different than when I say it? What a snot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time Travel is only a small part of the plot, a la Cataclysm. Warlords of Draenor is the expansion title, we use Kanrethad and Jubeka's research to go to where ever the hell Kanrethad went and proceed to kill loads of demons. 2nd zone in Alleria appears as a quest giver and we have to find Turalyon. Mannoroth returns from his stay in the Twisting Nether ( remember demons only die when killed in the nether) Grom also makes a return, but as a groteque shell of his former self which has been animated by extremely powerful demons who serve Mannoroth personally. Jaina and Sylvanas both go batshit insane and the war between Alliance and Horde heats up again, this time with demons.
    I really want a Naga/Old God expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The expansion is titled "Warlords of Draenor", but is not focused around a time-travel main plot. The leak was accurate, but merely like a blind man describing an elephant(I.E, finding one part of it, and proclaiming it an example of the entire). The expansion will feature the caverns of time as a strong secondary plot, in which one of the instances will involve Grom as the antagonist.

The main plot: Kil'Jaeden, after being shoved back down the Sunwell toilet, has had a difficult time maintaining his seat of power. His personal defeat at the hands of Azerothian heroes, along with the recent defeat of several other prominent demonic lords, has caused every two-bit Legion Warlord worth his Fel-stained soul to start jockeying for the title: Lord of the Legion. Kil'jaeden now only commands a small loyal fraction, at siege from all sides by those who think his head would secure the title. It does not take long for the Legion Warlords to realize, however, that it is Azeroth that would be the true prize. The Demon that can claim to have toppled the world that defeated Mannoroth Tichondrius, and Archimonde would surely have the right to command the Demonic Burning Legion.

As a pre-expansion event, one such two-bit Warlord, being brave and stupid enough to go first, sends in his legions from a scattered bunch of small portals that can be managed by the Scattered Shadow Council (maybe they can pull in the Twilight Cultists for this). This early invasion is easily thwarted by the heroes of Azeroth, but reveals the state of the Legion. This, coupled with reports of a rise in Demonic Activity in the Outlands, causes Varian to form the Second Alliance Expedition, puting his son (now old enough to start commanding armies, to Varian's mind) in charge, and under the advisement of the Prophet Velen. Anduin's first move is to extend an invitation to any Horde forces that wish to join, which Vol'jin urges heroes to accept.

Meanwhile, in Outlands: the rebuilding continues. When we left, the people of Outland, now free from the Illidari and the threat of the Legion turned their hands toward rebuilding. Now, the legion has returned in force, but it is obvious that where once there was an organized whole, now their is a factious mass of armies. Once again the Outlands are a battlefield, and again, it is only to get to Azeroth. Draenor's position in the Nether, and it's proximity to Azeroth merely make it the best possible staging point for invasion, and so the people of Draenor are almost ignored as Demonic Legions without number swell through the lands, each trying to hold the Dark Portal. And this is where our story begins.

Content:
    ~ Level Cap raised to 100
    ~ Redone Outlands as 90 - 95 content (major rework)
    ~ Portals on Outland lead to new Legion held worlds, single zones. Examples include Xerrath, Xorroth, and Argus (though others can be pulled out of the air, infinite worlds and possibilities and all that).
    ~ Rebalanced Northrend to be 58-80 leveling zone (small rewrite of quest materials to be current, but overall minor changes)

~ New race: High Elves for the Alliance
    - The Silver Covenant continues to gain members from the Many factions of High Elves that refute Lor'themar's authority and the decisions he has made over the years. With the support of Dalaran, and through the influence of the newly returned Alleria Windrunner, the High Elves are formally included into the alliance.
    - With the model upgrades, the High and Blood elves will have distinct but similar models. The blood elves will have a more withdrawn and lined look, with tatoo options at creation. The high elves will look fuller, brighter, and healthier.
    - Classes: DK, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warrior. The High elves forsake the symbiosis the blood elves use to fuel their light and demonic powers, but due to a large portion of their populous being rangers, many of them are well connected with the elemental and natural magics, and can therefor be Druids and Shaman.

~ New Race: Dragonkin for the Horde
    - Wrathion finds a faction of the Black dragonflight that has been hiding out in Outlands since the second war, located on the Isle that once housed Deathwing's Lair on Draenor. Using his influence and a bit of brute force, he takes dominion over them, and in an unexpected move, offers to join the Horde. What is he playing at? We don't know yet, but did you really expect him to sit on his hands during a Legion invasion?
    - Playable characters are mortals that have been granted power by Wrathion, turning them into Dragonkin. They may assume a mortal guise (much like Worgen) but are dragon form while in combat. Strongly hinted that all of Wrathion's agents are similarly empowered.
    - Classes: Hunter, Mage, Rogue, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warlock, Warrior

New Class: Sorcerer
    To many, Arcane power comes through years of intense study and training. To others, Arcane secrets must be bargained for, bitterly gathered and jealously guarded. But for a few, it is as natural as breathing. These few wield magic with their every move, turning their bodies into living conduits of power and mixing Martial and Arcane talent into dizzing display's of Arcane potential that even the eldest Mages would be hard pressed to duplicate.
    ~ Armor: Mail
    ~ Primary Stat: Intellect or Agility
    ~ Specializations: Demon Hunter (Fel-Magic, Melee DPS), Ranger (Elemental Magic, Ranged Weapon DPS), Spellbreaker (Arcane Magic, Tank)
    ~ Races: A: Humans, Night Elves, Draenei, Worgen, High Elves. H: Orcs, Forsaken, Blood Elves, Dragonkin

That's my best guess. 4 days 'til Blizzcon. O.0;
    I actually really like everything here except for Dragonkin. Would much rather have Ogres for Horde, but that's just me. I also disagree with sorcerer being a new class. I think Demon Hunters deserve a spot as a Hero Class because of certain quests that go with lore (ceremonious quest of cutting out your own eyes and such). Ranger, I also think should be around as just a new ranged weapon-based class (we need another one of those) with some Nature spells. Otherwise, I love your ideas!

Deleted
    Just some random speculations:

>Wrathion will hire out the Ethereals as his personal army. Perhaps using whatever was in his magic box as payment.
    >The final boss will be Ner'zhul, preventing him from destroying Draenor. The fight will take place in/on Oshu'gun and involve shutting down portals.
    >The alternate timeline will retcon Med'an's out of existence somehow.
    >DW will appear again, more in line with what we saw in Day of the Dragon. We will team up with him.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who is to say that a reformed Draenor is impossible?

Maybe the twisting nether seperates timelines when they are on different planets?

Who knows? Blizzard could write anything really. They don't have to obey the real, non fantasy, laws of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Who is to say that a reformed Draenor is impossible?

Maybe the twisting nether seperates timelines when they are on different planets?

Who knows? Blizzard could write anything really. They don't have to obey the real, non fantasy, laws of physics.
    People also don't realize the nature of the Twisting Nether..

Physical laws do not exist in this realm of ghosts, save those that a traveler creates for his or herself. Magic and illusion dance across the ever-changing vastness.

The Twisting Nether is highly morphic and little shifts occur all the time in the Twisting Nether, and many changes are caused by the landscape adjusting itself to fit the thoughts of those within it. Think about war and violence and the landscape may become a battlefield populated with undead soldiers. If one is lonely, his lost love may step out of a nearby cottage. The solidity, detail, and potential danger these images possess depend on how well a creature can control its thoughts. If a creature is in control of its thoughts, then images the creature's mind triggers are benign or easily ignored. If it doesn't control its thoughts, then the images that appear are realistic and frightening. Strong-minded individuals may consciously influence the Twisting Nether. The changes made may be subtle or drastic. One can create an image of a dog wandering around the area sniffing others and licking any hand that is presented or place oneself and those nearby at the top of a windswept mountain. A creature cannot create any knowledge that it does not already have. If someone creates a well-appointed library, for instance, the only information in the books is information he already knows. If more than one creature tries to manipulate the environment, the one with the strongest will controls the environment. This control persists until another stronger willed creature changes it. The forces of the Twisting Nether steadily erodes any attempt at a static environment. If someone creates a cozy chalet with a roaring fire on the hearth, he should not be surprised if a few moments later the fire poker has morphed into a duck. A harmful environment created requires all those within the area to be willful to avoid being harmed by it.
    With this, a lot of what we saw could have been illusion, and things should be very different from TBC no matter what, since it's been awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if there isn't time travel, but instead Azeroth itself skips to an alternate timelime? After the shift, when the factions try to contact Outland they realize the dark portal isn't working, and when draenei finally manage to open a portal from the exodar, nothing is as it should. And the goal of the expansion is try to correct Azeroth to it's original timeline, before both collapse.

It would be ripe for retcons, and blizz looooooves retcons. It would be like Peggy Sue-ing a whole planet.

Deleted
    Horde and Alliance will be merged with eachother and you can now kill anyone in world pvp

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    People also don't realize the nature of the Twisting Nether..

With this, a lot of what we saw could have been illusion, and things should be very different from TBC no matter what, since it's been awhile.
    Well that actually makes perfect sense.

Doesn't seem like there will be a conflict at all then.

When you download/install the new x-pac - your main finds that CATA and MoP were horrible horrible nightmares - and none of that actually happened. You will then be de-leveled back to 80 - and the real 80-90 x-pac will be revealed.

15+ Year Old Account
    New race prediction: Half-Orc, or Half-Ogre, or Half-Draenei whatever.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

I'd say neither of the approaches, no time traveling nor alternate time line, but still quite Sci-Fi themed.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!