10+ Year Old Account

Question Arcane Shot spam with 2PT16, ToTH and AoC

Only doing LFR I got these 3 bonus recently, and it got me wondering...

Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus

Thrill of the Hunt

Assurance of Consequence

With this odd set bonus... As survival I can nearly get Rapid Fire off twice during Bloodlust while maintaining optimal rotation/priority.

But what would happen if Arcane Shot with Thrill of the Hunt was main priority? I tried it a bit for fun, and it seem like I can press Rapid Fire around twice per minute... That's a lot.

Did anyone screw around with some numbers?

It was good during the PTR but when they buffed signature shots and nerfed Arcane shot before live it became crap, like it should. Just stick to your normal rotation.

RF isn't really that big of a deal for Survival. That's why it gets double the reduction of BM/MM to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    RF isn't really that big of a deal for Survival. That's why it gets double the reduction of BM/MM to begin with.
    ^This. Rapid Fire does next to nothing for SV.

I mean...it's not next to nothing. 40% haste for 15 seconds is still nice focus regen and fast cobra shots/auto shots/pet attacks.

You should definitely not prioritize Arcane Shot over Glaive Toss/Explosive Shot/etc, but if you're running AoC, taking TotH and spamming AS when your other abilities are on cooldown can give you hilarious numbers of Rapid Fires.

currently running on my twink with the same setup, well aside from aoc on flex but meh.
    sadly rapid fire is kinda useless like most above mentioned, still better the nothing.
    On bloodlust /lucky procs i cant get rapid fire pretty much up after it ends, normaly around every 30-60sec kinda depends on crow/tnt procs etc how much energy i waste on that stuff :P

well is still stick to Everything on my weakauraLOLPUSH display>AS^^ going full as/cs just burns my dps by 30% .. might been good as makro for lfr tough *g*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    ^This. Rapid Fire does next to nothing for SV.
    Meta gem proc anyone? Legendary cloak anyone? Moar haste moar focus moar button spam anyone? Less wasted time on casting cobra shots anyone?

Things aren't like they were in WotLK boys. Sure it's most likely better for BM/MM but don't say "next to nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Meta gem proc anyone? Legendary cloak anyone? Moar haste moar focus moar button spam anyone? Less wasted time on casting cobra shots anyone?

Things aren't like they were in WotLK boys. Sure it's most likely better for BM/MM but don't say "next to nothing".
    Thing is, MM and BM also get those benefits. But BM gets the benefit of added Pet focus regen and such and MM can cast their Aimed Shots much faster.

Pretty sure rapid fire gives ranged haste which doesn't do anything for RPPM procs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockymonkey View Post
    Pretty sure rapid fire gives ranged haste which doesn't do anything for RPPM procs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    RPPM scales with haste and it takes the highest of your melee, spell, or ranged haste, so Rapid Fire does increase RPPM procs while it's active.

Interestingly, this kind of makes me wonder if with the advent of the legendary meta and legendary cloak Trolls aren't on top of the pack for Hunter DPS again because of Berserking.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's next in the news? Blood Lust is next to nothing for SV?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

But RF DOES NOT increase pet attacks or pet focus regen, it depends of our haste rating not ranged haste rating (from RF). Correct me if I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Forious View Post
    But RF DOES NOT increase pet attacks or pet focus regen, it depends of our haste rating not ranged haste rating (from RF). Correct me if I am wrong
    This sounds correct to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What's next in the news? Blood Lust is next to nothing for SV?
    Bingo.

Seriously, Hunter secondary stat benefits are pretty bad in general. The magnitude with which our priorities shifted due to RPPM should be an indication of how poor they are baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Forious View Post
    It doesn't increase pet attack speed, but it does increase pet focus regen. Pet focus regen scales directly from the hunter's focus regen multiplier which is based on ranged haste- it doesn't actually scale based on the pet's attack speed directly. Because of this, pet focus regen scales with both rapid fire and focus fire. It's weird but that's how it works.

With regards to RPPM, it should be noted that although rapid fire increases our proc rates for RPPM procs which scale with haste, it's not going to be quite as big an increase as you might think. This is because it uses the highest of spell, ranged and melee haste, and in a raid the stat which is normally highest is actually our spell haste due to the raid spell haste buff. So when rapid fire is active, our ranged haste becomes highest, but since the spell haste buff doesn't apply to our ranged haste, we're swapping out our 5% spell haste gain for the 40% ranged haste gain. It's still obviously a gain, just a slightly smaller gain.
    Last edited by Zeherah; 2013-11-04 at 07:41 PM.

Looking at things this way is always going to influence your thoughts in bad ways. Just think of it as Rapid Fire gives a damage increase. When you start making lists of things different stats do you're going to start basing conclusions on anecdotal evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    BM get a 4 sec reduction, because they already have focus fire, so with 2 pc, they not only have reduced rapid fire CD, also usual focus fire as well. so having 2 haste spells, they cant have 8 sec RF reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    I mean...it's not next to nothing. 40% haste for 15 seconds is still nice focus regen and fast cobra shots/auto shots/pet attacks.

You should definitely not prioritize Arcane Shot over Glaive Toss/Explosive Shot/etc, but if you're running AoC, taking TotH and spamming AS when your other abilities are on cooldown can give you hilarious numbers of Rapid Fires.
    Wrong.

Rapidfire is 40% increase to RANGED ATTACK SPEED only

it has ZERO effect on your focus regen OTHER then cobra shots cast speed, and has NO effect on the pet whatsoever (other then if BM, faster cobras = more arcanes = more chances at cobrastrikes proc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Wrong.

it has ZERO effect on your focus regen OTHER then cobra shots cast speed, and has NO effect on the pet whatsoever (other then if BM, faster cobras = more arcanes = more chances at cobrastrikes proc.)
    This is incorrect. Rapid fire is 40% increase to ranged haste, not just attack speed. It used to be mislabeled as attack speed but they fixed that when they fixed some of the other mislabeled abilities during the MoP beta.

Hunter focus regen scales with ranged haste, not melee haste, and pet regen is based off the hunter regen multiplier. Do you have some evidence that this has somehow been changed since the testing we did during the MoP beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Wrong.

I AM GOING TO USE CAPITAL LETTERS TO GET MY POINT ACROSS EVEN THOUGHT IT IS WRONG AND A SIMPLE LOOK AT THE TOOLTIP WOULD SHOW ME THAT. RAAAWWWWWWRRR ANNNGRRYYYYY