Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    As someone said, the monthly fee you pay is for the access to the game servers....Because you pay the same amount like everyone else doesn't mean that you have the right to play the full game.
    Actually it does. What you wanted to say is that it doesn't give you the right to beat the game. And you would be right....and also completely irrelevant.

The point of the game is to provide entertainment to the subscribers so that they keep coming back every month. Creating a game where 90% of the content will forever be out of reach of 95% of the players is an idiotic business strategy. Rather make 90% of the game be within reach of everyone, and leave that last 10% (Heroic Modes, Final Brawler's guild, top end PVP matchmaking, Challenge modes) for those who are willing and able to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    It's like you are going to see a movie in the cinema.
    To use your movie analogy, if you are going to make a movie that only 1% of the audience understands or gets, expect your movie to flop. By all means, put in a few gems for the really astute viewers, but don't make the enjoyment of the movie dependent on someone having a PHd in nuclear physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    LFR takes longer to clear each week. A good heroic guild can progress comfortably with 2-3 2 hour raid nights per week.
    What a complete bullshit statement. Ya maybe near the end, the avg heroic guild to many hours of wiping just to kill a boss, some times weeks of wiping to kill one boss. You want to to compare that to LFR? Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post

What do you suggest non-raiders do, then? Pet battles? Quit?
    Farm our mats.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    I'm sure if a person in LFR gear spent as much time in Timeless Isle grinding as a person in heroic gear spending time doing raids, he'd be exalted way before the heroic dude.
    You are absolutely 100% wrong about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Why? Do you pay more for the game than them?

It's nice you have all the free time in the world to dedicate to the game.
    1. No but I put in the effort.

2. Didn't realize 1 hour a night 3 days a week was "all the time in the world". Yep, that's all it takes for a casual raiding guild.

I think it's silly so many people confuse being LAZY with not having enough TIME, because it isn't that hard to raid and no it doesn't consume your life.

get with the times, people.

You know why LFR is a wipe fest? Because there are usually no mechanics at all to the fight (compared to the actual raid) so players get even more LAZY and when faced with a boss that requires more than autoattack while watching TV the group usually fails.

90% of LFR I get into are a few people actually trying on DPS, surprisingly is usually decent healers, and tanks that have no fucking idea what they are doing. I'm not complaining, in fact it amuses me and I don't expect to get gear from that place anyway the RNG is horrible.

LFR is not to be taken seriously because it's a joke for LAZY people that "want to see content" <--- aka want free gear.

Don't even try to pretend it's anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    the gear is not the problem. The problem is that the gear is given for free, and they still get to see content

they don't deserve gear, they don't deserve to see end game content
    Get over it. If you play for challenging group content, play your challenging group content. You are in no position to decide what another player deserves to get out of the game. I could *almost* understand the gear thing, if their gear was equal to yours (which is not the case.) But whining that they get to see content is exactly why people laugh at raiders for calling others "entitled."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see why you "need" better gear unless you are raiding N and H's, the LFR gear gets things done.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Simple. Tier bonuses to those who will never use them for their intended purpose.
    So let me get the logic of this right:

Because some people won't use Tier bonuses for their intended purpose (I assume to push progression), those who would have used them for their intended purpose should be denied them?

That makes no sense at all. Honestly, what difference does it make to you or anyone else if a bunch of random people you don't know have tier bonuses they will never use, especially when it makes a world of difference to those who do use em for their intended purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Farm our mats.
    and you would have us believe that it is LFR players who are entitled? oh the irony.....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yup, is the exact same thread you are talking in. You know the same thing right?

Yeah, but you see i'm not here telling people they shouldn't respect themselves because of what they do in a silly video game.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Interesting theory, except WOW grew to be the largest and most popular MMO in the world by having a lot of content exclusive to raiders. It's subs only increased from the time it was created until the time it started catering more to casuals, then there has been a CONSTANT decrease in subscribers ever since.
    I think you got cause and effect wrong. They started to make the game more casual because they saw that, after the initial hype wore off, the numbers started to stagnate and they try to keep the casuals in the game ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I honestly don't see why you "need" better gear unless you are raiding N and H's, the LFR gear gets things done.
    In a pvp server it's worth getting n/h raid gear, funny enough you will faceroll people in actual pvp gear.

DS gear = 397
    DS LFR = 384
    Arena = 391
    "catch up" 5mans = 378

Siege gear = 553
    LFR = 528
    arena = 522
    "catch up" = 496

Problem is, anyone with a brain who knew of this issue was already a raider, so it didn't matter. Scrubs who thought "omg timeless free epix lel so good" are too bad at this game to notice they are being ripped off.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've seen and beaten a few people in pvp gear while I wear pve, they probably could fix it, but I'd rather not have people doing pve in pvp gear. I remember in wrath, I'd remove people with pvp gear, while doing pve stuff.

Timeless gear, is basically starter raiding/lfr gear nothing more nothing less. if you expect to keep it over LFR and Flexi, you need to re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    It's weird because I remember them illustrating this problem over previous expansions that gear was growing too fast in ilvls. Now this expansion they basically seem to be throwing caution to the wind, which makes me think they have a more tuned system in the works.
    Yes. The only reason they are letting it run so wild like this is that the item squish is coming.

And that's perhaps the biggest downside of the item squish: it gave them freedom to inflate gear levels like this.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    LFR is not to be taken seriously because it's a joke for LAZY people that "want to see content" <--- aka want free gear.

Don't even try to pretend it's anything different.
    Whether or not another player is LAZY is irrelevant.
    Whether or not another player wants "free" gear is irrelevant.
    Whether or not another player cares about seeing content is irrelevant.

As long as there are paying subscribers out there enjoying LFR, the format is fully justified.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    But does it really matter? What's the difference of doing 30k dps to a mob with 30k hp or doing 300k dps to a mob with 300k hp?
    Screen space and ease of reading is the difference. If Recount didn't let me abbreviate the numbers, and my combat text wasn't neatly in a row off to the sides, I'd be in a world of (eye) hurt every time I hit dat Fire Nova.

I get the draw of doing 'big' damage, it's 'cool' to see them there like that, but it's a headache for a good number of peoples.

Also I should say, I would also be fine with the 'MegaDamages' alternative they talked about.
    Blizzcon in a couple hours, so we'll see!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This particularly bit of absurdity gets thrown around alot on these forums likely because the legalese at the beginning when you sign up requires you to agree to as much. Forum lawyers like to point to that and say AHA YOU GET NOTHING!!! Well fine tmmrw at Blizzcon the developers can sit down, a bunch of lawyers can get on stage and proceed to bore the audience by the reading the terms of use aloud and see how many people buy their expansions.

This is of course to say that while you may feel very comfortable hiding behind the eula it is not a means to design content for people. The guy your quoting is exactly right when he makes his case about the time requirement in this game. His money does not buy him the EULA agreement and of course nobody in their right fucking minds thinks this is the case except for obnoxious forum lawyers who like to defend some absurd decisions by saying HEY LOOK MAN THE EULA DOESN'T ENTITLE TO YOU SQUAT...
    At the very least those obnoxious forum lawyers point out the fact that some people really need to step up their game, not their "I pay for your game, therefore I must experience the best of the game" entitlement.

Gee, people wanting gear and progress in a MMORPG...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Gee, people wanting gear and progress in a MMORPG...
    I know right. The NERVE!

10+ Year Old Account
    The gear gap is still not good enough for some heroic raiders the same reason the wealth gap isn't good enough for some rich people. It's not enough that they have the most, but everyone else has less and less.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.