Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What do u guys think of the possibility to see Centaurs as a new race? Too complicated with 4 legs? They have lore and some things to strengthen the possibility? They would belong to the Horde obviously since they speak orcish and goblin? They do have legacy from Cenarius and Night elfs however.

Centaur @ wowwiki
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-11-08 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Honestly, I hope we won't get any of them. No new race or a new class. We got the Pandaren and Monk not long ago and that's waaay enough. Annoying that people want new classes/races on every damn expansion.
    and i find it annoying that when people feel comfi where they are right now they come up with selfish statments
    like "we dont need any new races or classes" why? you like your kung fu panda too much? you dont want any new
    class or races to avoid the jump-ship from your Favorite class/race?

its been more than a year and it will be probably another 4-6 months untill new xpac is out and if it wont have any
    new races or class it will be another 1.5 years untill a new race/class will be introduced.
    thats 3 years with nothing new like other then land masses and some quests.

new races and classes is what differentiate between xpacs , its the selling point of the new xpac,
    a new xpac with no races/classes is boring cause by the time you level to max level you done almost everything
    that was "interesting and new" in that xpac so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    You're right, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Then again, I'm not the idiot who even made that comparison, you are. Because you're the only one who even mentions the price of tea in China when no one else did. All it proves, however, is that you lack the fundamental ability to read what was written in context to what it was a response to. So yea, actually try to read what I said, and read it in context to what was quoted, and only what was quoted, before you come in blathering on with stupid comparisons that don't make any sense at all even in your own head.
    I presume you don't know what a colloquialism is.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I presume you don't know what a colloquialism is.
    And yet, the point still stands that you did not actually read what I wrote in response to what I quoted.

And yes, I do know what a colloquialism is. Doesn't change the fact that it was an idiotic usage as your response showed that you did not actually read what I wrote or understood the context of which it was written in.

This game needs a third faction. Id say a completely neutral faction to try and heal both sides of the war.

Neutral faction: Night elves, blood elves, tauren and draenai

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kryimsson View Post
    This game needs a third faction. Id say a completely neutral faction to try and heal both sides of the war.

Neutral faction: Night elves, blood elves, tauren and draenai
    The reasons for why their will never be a third faction are legion, and painfully obvious to anyone who spends more than a moment honestly thinking about it.
    Firstly how do you cram a new third faction into a game that has been built for two over 10 years? Do you really think Blizz is gonna A) redo 10 years worth of content to accomodate a fanwank third faction or B) add a third faction but not touch any previous content, and effectively gate off 10 years worth of content for anyone trying the "new golly-gee whiz-bang" third faction?

A third faction is beyond dumb, it would be toxic to the game at this point.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Why are so many people clamoring for high elves? You have night elves and blood elves, how much different could high elves possibly be?

I disagree, I think a third faction would revitalize interest atleast from a story standpoint. its not exactly cramming a third faction considering the blood elves are starting to really get disenchanted with the horde.

You'd be taking the 4 races most apt to talk peace to each warring side. Those from the neutral faction would be able to grace each city as "ambassadors"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo113 View Post
    Why are so many people clamoring for high elves? You have night elves and blood elves, how much different could high elves possibly be?
    Personally? I'm not so much clamoring for them as resigned to their inevitable inclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo113 View Post
    Because of the lore, man.... THE LORE!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I think a third faction would revitalize interest atleast from a story standpoint. its not exactly cramming a third faction considering the blood elves are starting to really get disenchanted with the horde.

You'd be taking the 4 races most apt to talk peace to each warring side. Those from the neutral faction would be able to grace each city as "ambassadors"
    So what you're describing isn't a 3rd faction, but that faction limits be removed from 4 of the races.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    That in all likeliness isn't gonna happen. Why? Because unlike the Worgen, Naga aren't cursed.

Let me explain: playable Worgenb currently come from the time when the curse happened, which was about 2 years ago in terms of lore.That means that all playable Worgen currently are cursed, and are first generation Worgen. There hasn't been enough time for them to start [popping out children removed from the curse.

The Highhborne were transformed 10,000 years ago. While some Naga still alive have survived since the Sundering, they have had 10,000 years to populate their race far removed from the Mortal race's wars on the land. Now, what does this mean? They're not giving birth to Highborne cursed to be Naga. At this point, any future generation of Naga are pure Naga, and entirely removed from their Highborne progenitors original forms. Due to their prodigious breeding(enough to push Murlocs out of their environments), it's safe to say that from here on, Naga are as related to Highborne as the Highborn were related to the Dark Trolls.
    Yea I agree there are probably not a lot left in the gene pool of the Kaldorei. Though it could be that this faction is trying to regain their heritage. Possibly trying to revert what happened so long ago to join the Nightelves again. Or there could be some other inexplainable blizzard reason behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    So what you're describing isn't a 3rd faction, but that faction limits be removed from 4 of the races.
    If we had to break it down to game mechanics, then sure. But Since this game tells a story like any other type of novel, It would make sense that the more peaceful/Intelligent races would try to heal the wounds of both sides. In doing so of the game mechanic it would make it a 3rd faction

10+ Year Old Account
    If we had to break it down to game mechanics, then sure. But Since this game tells a story like any other type of novel, It would make sense that the more peaceful/Intelligent races would try to heal the wounds of both sides. In doing so of the game mechanic it would make it a 3rd faction
    So would this proposed group be available at character creation, or would it only be unlocked at a certain level?

So would this proposed group be available at character creation, or would it only be unlocked at a certain level?
    I would say unlocked at a certain level, like doing a quest line to become an ambassador of the horde/alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Well the existing skin colors:
    Beige, Light grey, dark grey, light blue, orange, red, purplish-grey, yellow [Please no green - already got too many of those)

Facial markings : Red, black, blue, grey, brown [Edit: their attire reminds me of sumo wrestlers and the markings and physique got some E.Honda theme going one there..]

I also hope that they gve each variant a different eye color/style (something like what they did with male worgen faces

Racials: Ogre's Strength (+2% Strength) (ok maybe this is OP)

Clobber: 3 min cd, singe target 10 yard knockback and 1s stun.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes this is something the devs should consider. Either a new race or unlock undead paladins.
    Just one colour of green for Ogres.
    Don't need like a lot of green colours like orcs, because Ogres aren't green all the time like orcs though.
    So it would make for them ONLY to have one green colour for the Ogres, and the orcs can have all their colours.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say unlocked at a certain level, like doing a quest line to become an ambassador of the horde/alliance
    Ok. See now this has addressed one of the typical reasons against a 3rd faction, it allows for pcs to lvl as one of the two factions and then drop into the third, kind of like the reverse of what starting pandas do.

BG's going forward, do you see this 3rd faction as being a true 3rd, ie three-way combat in future bg's, or simply maintaining the "group as you wish" idea of joining either side at will?

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Ogre for the horde (better have a Gronn faction leader and a two headed option)
    Broken for the alliance (Akama is rad, and they are different enough from Draenei I think)

however. I really don't think there will be new playable races.
    This is a cool idea, if they update broken and make them interesting.

Ok. See now this has addressed one of the typical reasons against a 3rd faction, it allows for pcs to lvl as one of the two factions and then drop into the third, kind of like the reverse of what starting pandas do.

BG's going forward, do you see this 3rd faction as being a true 3rd, ie three-way combat in future bg's, or simply maintaining the "group as you wish" idea of joining either side at will?
    As cool as I think it would be for a 3rd faction for pvp, I don't think it makes sense for a completely neutral faction to fight both sides. However, I think the group as you will makes more sense.

Ogres are a "safe" bet I'd say for Horde, while for Alliance it's a tough one. Doubt Arakkoa as armor models on them would be awkward, helm+shoulders and weapon only? Broken are just Draenei so pass on that one, Ethereals I think came after it became Outland. Not too familiar with the other races that could work. Sporeggar dudes don't seem like a viable choice either.

Tough one really, might just be getting new skins for the races such as Mag'har for Orcs and Broken for Draenei. Other races too of course, such as High Elf skin (basically just eyes?) for Blood Elves and Dark Iron for Dwarves. Would have to include an optional free character reskin (no racechange etc) for everyone, otherwise it'd be seen (justifiably so) as a quick cash grab.

Would be cool if people could realize that "sub-race" is literally nothing, while the thing they call that is just a reskin of a faction of Orcs for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!